Banned Asshole

Sevendust -- Virginia Beach, VA -- September 1st, 2011

Splinter
Praise
Forever Dead
Pieces
The End is Coming
Face to Face

Great performance. They dropped one of their new songs for either Pieces or Praise, don't remember which was already in their past sets. Got a pick from Clint as well as Vince.

Ticket sales were HORRIBLE here, the lawn is flat out closed, and anyone with lawn tickets just gets free reign of the seats. And the lawn is more than half the total capacity too, so ya. Has me weak as shit.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I wonder how tickets sales are going to be for the rest of the tour. The Chicago show keeps giving me discounts for lawn seats for like 13 dollors.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I wonder how tickets sales are going to be for the rest of the tour. The Chicago show keeps giving me discounts for lawn seats for like 13 dollors.
If it's anything like here, horrid hah. I'm only here because I got a lawn ticket for $20, and Sevendust is on the sidestage.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 PM
N00B

2 questions:

Is the 2nd stage in the parking lot?

What time does Sevendust play? I'd imagine that if they are headlining the 2nd stage they';; play around 4:30 or 5pm.
9/20 ATB
9/25 np
10/13 Counterparts
10/16 PJ
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
Old 09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Considering Virgina is recovering from the storm, that's likely part of the reason. It's also probably because, with the exception of Sevendust, the lineup is crap. Maybe people are tired of festivals. Mayhem up here was slow, and I heard it was in some other places too.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Was it worth it?

Personally, I think the festival is too targeted. Its targeting the 13-15 year old metal/rock fans. Its to centered. Mayhem had different things, Disturbed and godsmack for mainstream rock fans, Megadeth for the oldschool crowd, Machine Head, Trivium and In flames for a modern metalhead, And newer metal bands so it was a lot wide spread. Think of it, every band on the uproar bands are a lot alike with the exception of sevendust.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned Asshole

Yep, parking lot, same place as gayhem had theirs. And they went on at 4:45.

VA isn't really recovering from the hurricane anymore.... We're pretty much all set. Unless there are places way outta the area that are still recovering. But around here, we're fine.

Ya, this whole lineup was destined to fail. Most of the main bands draw from the same fanbase, and they're all club bands. Escape the Fate has a bit of a different crowd, but it still kinda fits, and they are barely a draw anyways. And the sidestage was really no benefit to them. The only band on there that draws people at all is Sevendust, the rest are just replaceable openers. This tour would've been much off dropping the sidestage and Escape the Fate, and just having Sevendust be on the main stage, and do it in arenas.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Seen Seether and they were good live. Last time I saw BFMV they sucked. Wouldn't mind seeing Sevendust but main reason I would go is to see Avenged Sevenfold again.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned Asshole

Seether was very bland. Three Days Grace was decent. Sevendust was epic, and Art of Dying was pretty good. The rest were just horrid. And I left before Sevenfold, didn't want to sit through their shitty set.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:15 PM
N00B

I don't see a point to this "festival." Almost the exact same bands toured together not too long ago... I think this John Reese character is getting too greedy with 2 of these festivals each summer.

I'd like to see The States get a 3 day festival like they do in Europe, with actual metal bands instead of this watered down radio rock.... I like Sevendust, their older stuff mostly, but they suck at picking setlists. I seen them on their "Seasons" tour and they only played 1 song of their first album, Black. Come on...

Tags
sevendust