Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

  #1  
Old 09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,341
Periphery playing select dates of Dream Theater tour

they've been confirmed for the Philadelphia show on Oct 16
__________________
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,690
Periphery >>>>>>>> Trivium

Anyone wanna fight about it?
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Periphery >>>>>>>> Trivium

Anyone wanna fight about it?
Truth.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Periphery >>>>>>>> Trivium

Anyone wanna fight about it?
huge Trivium fan, but right now this is definitely true. Plus Trivium have gotten shit loads of major support slots over the last few years, Periphery could do with the exposure.

I fucking knew PEriphery were gonna get with DT soon anyway, because of Petrucci's nephew being one of the guitarists. Not that Periphery don't deserve the slot anyway, but I would imagine this helped.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is online now
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
huge Trivium fan, but right now this is definitely true. Plus Trivium have gotten shit loads of major support slots over the last few years, Periphery could do with the exposure.

I fucking knew PEriphery were gonna get with DT soon anyway, because of Petrucci's nephew being one of the guitarists. Not that Periphery don't deserve the slot anyway, but I would imagine this helped.
Acttually for a long time Jake Bowen was against it, because he doesn't want to be only known as Petrucci's Nephew. He wanted to make exposure for himself before this ever happened.

But I agree, it definitely helped.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Acttually for a long time Jake Bowen was against it, because he doesn't want to be only known as Petrucci's Nephew. He wanted to make exposure for himself before this ever happened.

But I agree, it definitely helped.
Of course, and Periphery absolutely stand on their own merit no matter what way you look at it. Its great to see them with the slot, DT are the perfect bigger band for them to tour with I think, as it being a prog crowd, they'd have a generally more open mind for what Periphery have to offer.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,341
Weird thing is they playing Philly headlining a week or so earlier


Usually booking agents try to avoid that
__________________
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
detuned detuned is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Weird thing is they playing Philly headlining a week or so earlier

Usually booking agents try to avoid that
in the grand scheme of things periphery is still a fairly small band, appealing to a much different audience than dream theater, so i would imagine them being added to DT show(s) is more of someone wanting to put them in front of a large number of people who probably dont know them, not for drawing purposes. the shows will probably have little effect on each other.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
in the grand scheme of things periphery is still a fairly small band, appealing to a much different audience than dream theater, so i would imagine them being added to DT show(s) is more of someone wanting to put them in front of a large number of people who probably dont know them, not for drawing purposes. the shows will probably have little effect on each other.
I mean I kind of assumed since the headlining show is in a church basement(sadly can't make that one, shame since I like most of the bands), and the show with Dream Theater is in an actual theater(like where plays and orchestras perform)
__________________
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008