Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO-- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014

Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
deathcore is still fairly popular this side of the country. Mass up is full of rabid fans. No doubt JFAC will bring fans out in droves. I'm goign to Metal Alliance so I will gage for all of us how well received they are.
I have a theory.

I think deathcore (especially back from like 2005 - 2008) was huge in conservative red states because of the kids there more than likely having super overbaring parents. They just wanted something to rebel against and deathcore had the most flashy, faux-brutal image that they latched onto it.

That's why you'd see all these deathcore tours going to places like Mobile, AL and Chattanooga and stuff. It's obviously become its own entity now, though.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I have a theory.

I think deathcore (especially back from like 2005 - 2008) was huge in conservative red states because of the kids there more than likely having super overbaring parents. They just wanted something to rebel against and deathcore had the most flashy, faux-brutal image that they latched onto it.

That's why you'd see all these deathcore tours going to places like Mobile, AL and Chattanooga and stuff. It's obviously become its own entity now, though.
Makes sense. Vancouver is a somewhat liberal city and I barely ever hear about -core bands coming here. And the few times they've been on tours I've seen (Suicide Silence opening for Slayer/Megadeth and JFAC on Gigantour 08) the deathcore bands were bottled and boo'd pretty harshly.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
It's not like order matters at SS anyways. In past years bands who went on later have had shorter sets than bands who went on earlier.

On another note, if they are indeed announcing the bands in order, then I really doubt Periphery are on this now.
Yeah, good point. Dying Fetus played 4th to last last year, and played for 40 minutes. Whitechapel was main support and played for only 37 minutes.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
I have a theory.

This is true. It's also why former Catholic school girls who were raised by overbearing parents are THE BEST.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
I have a theory.

It seems like you're just stereotyping deathcore kids as those who are rebelling against their parents, which is simply not true. It's just a preconceived notion that metalheads have towards the deathcore community. I'm sure that there are some kids that got into the genre for those reasons, but that happens in any form of extreme music. Having gone through high school while deathcore was at its peak I can tell you that your generalization is far off. None of the friends I had that were into deathcore had strict, overbearing parents. And deathcore was just as popular in liberal states at conservative ones. Suicide Silence, As Blood Runs Black, Carnifex, All Shall Perish, Suffokate, Winds of Plague, Arsonists Get All the Girls, and more have all come from California.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:09 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

It may be a stereotype but it's sure as hell a huge reason to get into deathcore. Trust me, this is basically high school all over again for me. I used to listen to deathcore all the time around 2007-2008 because it was something to rebel against my overprotective parents at the time. Luckily by college they were more lenient and all of a sudden all these deathcore bands I used to adore were awful. So yeah, it may not be the case for everyone but it's sure a big part of why people would listen to it.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
But you're only bringing up sales. If that was the case, why isn't JFAC above Exhumed?

Goatwhore is more legendary and has a better standing in the current metal scene than JFAC right now. Sure, 4 years ago when all the metal labels were jacking off over the prospect of signing these hot new deathcore bands they would have been more popular. But it's not the case anymore.
JFAC's popularity has dipped a little bit since they switched to straight-up death metal I'll give you that, but that still doesn't make Goatwhore more popular than them. Also sure Goatwhore as a better standing in the underground than JFAC, but that's about it. Maybe it's only in Kansas they have gotten extremely less popular because the last time I saw them up here (at NEMHF 2010 when they are were on tour with Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, and Gaza) they got an insane crowd reception which was amongst the strongest, if not the strongest for the whole day. I can't say how they were recieved at NEMHF last year because they were on at the same time as Skeletonwitch, but I'm sure the crowd reception was great once again. Lastly, Exhumed is billed over them because they are an iconic extreme metal act. As I much as I like Goatwhore, they aren't an iconic or legendary band like Exhumed is. But like treghet said eariler, the billing order doesn't really matter that much on Summer Slaughter because pretty much everyone gets the same amount of time except the first and last few bands.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 03-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Looks like the opener is coming down to Fallujah and Cerebral Bore.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
It may be a stereotype but it's sure as hell a huge reason to get into deathcore. Trust me, this is basically high school all over again for me. I used to listen to deathcore all the time around 2007-2008 because it was something to rebel against my overprotective parents at the time. Luckily by college they were more lenient and all of a sudden all these deathcore bands I used to adore were awful. So yeah, it may not be the case for everyone but it's sure a big part of why people would listen to it.
See I never fell into the rebel stage when I started listening to metal and got into metalcore. Actually my parents ending up being fine with it and actually supporting me listening to it by buying me the cds and taking me to shows. But this all started in like 7th grade and shit.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Looks like the opener is coming down to Fallujah and Cerebral Bore.
This is acceptable