Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Rats off to ya

New TV Series Starring Dee Snider and Oderus Urungus

I'm not making this shit up.

We're proud to report today that two of rock 'n roll's most loveable badasses -- Dee Snider (pictured above) and Oderus Urungus -- are joining the cast of Adam Green and Joe Lynch's upcoming FEARnet original series Holliston. Details after the break.

Here's the official annoucement about the casting news...

FEARnet, cable television's premier horror, thriller and suspense channel, has added Dee Snider (Twisted Sister, Strangeland, radio/television personality) and Oderus Urungus (Alien lead singer from legendary heavy metal band "GWAR") to "Holliston," an outrageous and offbeat multi-camera, half-hour buddy comedy series starring directors Adam Green ("Hatchet 1 & 2," "Frozen," "Chillerama") and Joe Lynch ("Knights of Badassdom," "Wrong Turn 2," "Chillerama"). Created by Green, FEARnet recently gave the series a six-episode order and is slated to begin production in September.

"The Big Bang Theory" meets "Evil Dead II" series, set in the town of Holliston, MA, follows the lives of Adam and Joe, two friends chasing the dream of becoming successful horror movie filmmakers while struggling to make ends meet in their post-college jobs at a Boston cable access station where they also host a late night movie program called "The Movie Crypt."

"Both Dee Snider and Oderus Urungus exude the kind of larger than life personalities and elements that these characters were written for. Both are true performers down to their cores and the entire cast and crew is so excited to have them join our family in these very fun roles that were tailor made for their sensibilities," says Green.
Snider joins the cast as Green and Lynch's boss who also happens to be a longtime member of a "Van Halen" tribute band. While he still dreams of being a rock star, he also takes the cable job very seriously and has delusions of grandeur of how he's part of "Hollywood." Urungus will play himself and is Green's "imaginary" friend who happens to live in a closet and gives him advice (extremely misguided and offensive advice).

"This show fits in perfectly with our current series, and Dee and Oderus are excellent additions to the new original," said Peter Block, president, FEARnet. "Both are beloved by the genre fans and are just the first announcement in a list of thrilling casting to come for 'Holliston'. FEARnet is the only place you can find this mix of characters."
Snider and Urungus join Green and Lynch in an ensemble cast that also includes Laura Ortiz ("The Hills Have Eyes," "Horton Hears A Who") and Corri English ("Unrest," "The Bedford Diaries," lead singer of Brokedown Cadillac).

Created, written, and directed by Green, his production company ArieScope Pictures will handle the production of "Holliston." Green and Lynch will serve as executive producers along with producer Cory Neal ("Frozen," "Hatchet").

"Holliston" is intended to take a slot on FEARnet's Tuesday night "Twisted Comedy" block, a horror-comedy lineup that consists of a distinctive pair of scripted series: "Todd & The Book of Pure Evil," a supernatural high-school comedy featuring Jason Mewes ("Mallrats," "Clerks," "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"), and "Psychoville," an award-winning,
British black-comedy thriller that centers on a group of characters haunted by a mysterious blackmailer.

Source

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 08-30-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 PM
That Guy

I'd care, but I only have basic cable. So I can't watch it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

I didn't realize fearnet was a real channel, figured it was just ondemand.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
I didn't realize fearnet was a real channel, figured it was just ondemand.
It must have just started. I checked the site and they only have 2 shows.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Hmmmm I may have this channel, gotta go and check. I'd be interested in seeing a show with those two mother fuckers
10/1 - Priest
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Pretty sure it's been a channel for a while, but I have basic cable too. Nothing you can't find online these days though.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
D.B.B.

Would watch this. And yes, it is a channel. A shitty one though.