Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
N00B

Shit guys! I stopped this cause no one posted so I gave up. Didn't see people cared

I still have the list so I guess I'll start working on it again tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

Slacker
A Broken Team
No Word Said
A Silent Vow
We Loved You Then
We Love You Now
Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
N00B

YEAH BITCH, ONE YEAR LATER AND IM BACK TO DO THIS SHIT.

Actually I'm procrastinating on work, so might as well work on the ultimate procrastination project over here.

So yeah LETS DO THIS.

9. Nocturnal - The Black Dahlia Murder

Fuck, if only I could recall the day I found out about this album. It was a little bit after Mayhem 09, I had to miss them due to heat exhaustion but after a few months I decided to get a album from them. As usual when I was young, I'd search them on youtube, listen to a song, if I liked it, I'd get the album it was from. That song was "What a Horrible Night to Have a Cure".

Holy fuck I was blown away, the drums, the guitar (that fucking solo), and the vocals. I honestly thought it was 2 vocalists, I couldn't believe that he could switch from such amazing highs, to such amazing lows. I was in love. I immediately downloaded the album. I have to say, there is not a single song I find boring here. All have catchy as fuck riffs, amazing drumming, badass solos, evil lyrics, and Trevors voice is top notch throughout. I just always find myself air guitaring or drumming to this album. This band made me really realize how badass high screams could be, plus it made me completely love badass melodic death metal. Sure this may have no effected me as much as painkiller or maybe all the albums in this list, but it really made me realize how awesome and beautifully catchy metal can be, that it would be something I'd love forever, even if I strayed away from it.

Stand-Out Tracks:
Everything Went Black

Nocturnal

Deathmask Divine

Though, like Painkiller, I love each song on this album.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
YEAH BITCH, ONE YEAR LATER AND IM BACK TO DO THIS SHIT.

Actually I'm procrastinating on work, so might as well work on the ultimate procrastination project over here.

So yeah LETS DO THIS.

9. Nocturnal - The Black Dahlia Murder

Fuck, if only I could recall the day I found out about this album. It was a little bit after Mayhem 09, I had to miss them due to heat exhaustion but after a few months I decided to get a album from them. As usual when I was young, I'd search them on youtube, listen to a song, if I liked it, I'd get the album it was from. That song was "What a Horrible Night to Have a Cure".

Holy fuck I was blown away, the drums, the guitar (that fucking solo), and the vocals. I honestly thought it was 2 vocalists, I couldn't believe that he could switch from such amazing highs, to such amazing lows. I was in love. I immediately downloaded the album. I have to say, there is not a single song I find boring here. All have catchy as fuck riffs, amazing drumming, badass solos, evil lyrics, and Trevors voice is top notch throughout. I just always find myself air guitaring or drumming to this album. This band made me really realize how badass high screams could be, plus it made me completely love badass melodic death metal. Sure this may have no effected me as much as painkiller or maybe all the albums in this list, but it really made me realize how awesome and beautifully catchy metal can be, that it would be something I'd love forever, even if I strayed away from it.

Stand-Out Tracks:
Everything Went Black

Nocturnal

Deathmask Divine

Though, like Painkiller, I love each song on this album.

Such a amazing album. Black Dahlia Murder are actually within my top 3 favorite bands of all time.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

post more, faget
Old 09-29-2012, 06:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
post more, faget
Jd, pls

8. Crack the Skye - Mastodon

I feel like this album gets a lot of hate, probably because it doesn't live up to Leviathan and Blood Mountain. While now I agree it isn't as epic as either as those, when I first heard this album, I was in complete love. Not only was it my introduction to more progressive music, but it added emotions of music I haven't felt before, I was in 8th grade when this album came out, most of my music was anger filled music, which I didn't hate, but to be introduced into the same heaviness of metal with an emotion that wasn't anger really changed my perspectives on music. The album to me, really hit me on emotional levels through the music. It was shocking for me, since I wasn't ever that touched on emotional level through music. I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point Regardless the whole album is fucking awesome regardless, sure it isn't the Mastodon most people wanted, but I think all these track are epic as fuck. Plus this album opened me up to more progressive metal. I even considered getting the ghosts on the cover tattooed on me, but as time progressed, the album hasnt been the same to me, I prefer their older stuff. It's still awesome as fuck though

Recommended:
Crack the Skye
The Czar
Divinations
Old 09-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Rats off to ya

"Crack the Skye sucks" actually isn't a popular opinion at all. If you surveyed every Mastodon fan in the world on what their favorite Mastodon album is, Crack the Skye would probably get the most votes, or at least be very close with Leviathan.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
"Crack the Skye sucks" actually isn't a popular opinion at all. If you surveyed every Mastodon fan in the world on what their favorite Mastodon album is, Crack the Skye would probably get the most votes, or at least be very close with Leviathan.
mine would be The Hunter and there's not a goddamn thing anyone can do about it
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
there's not a goddamn thing anyone can do about it
I can advise you to listen to Leviathan, Blood Mountain, and Crack the Skye again and really think about what you're saying.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Jd, pls

8. Crack the Skye - Mastodon

I feel like this album gets a lot of hate, because it doesn't live up to Blood Mountain.
I've never heard anybody say BM was better than CTS.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
11/06 Intronaut