Cold Ethyl
Feed My Frankenstein
Clones (We're All)
Poison
Wicked Young Man
Killer/I Love the Dead
School's Out

Elected

This was my fourth time seeing Cooper and without a doubt the best performance and setlist i've seen from him. Everything about this show was just perfect. This is easily one of my top concerts ever. Excellent venue for the show to.

I've never been down to the Erie Canal Harbor for one of these summer shows before because they've never had anyone i've wanted to see until now. Great turnout, if I were to estimate there had to be at least 10,000 or so there. Even with tickets only being 10 bucks I was still surprised how many people were there. This venue is general admission. I got there as the first band was playing but I got as close as could to the front. I ended up being almost dead center about 25 feet from the stage.

Highlights of the show were, Black Widow, Brutal Planet, Hey Stoopid, Halo Of Flies, Clones and Wicked Young Man. With the exception of Clones, which hardly anybody knew, it was good to hear a lot of people singing along with the songs that weren't hits. As to why the hell Hey Stoopid has been out of the set for almost 20 years is a mystery to me The song is great live and the sing along during the chorus was awesome. Alice should think about keeping that in the set for awhile.

Now that i've heard the studio version and the new song live it's actually a pretty good song. Maybe there is some hope for the new album even though the song clips i've heard didn't sound that promising.

During Feed My Frankenstein there was a huge Frankenstein that came out on stage. The face was a mix of the Frankenstein and Alice's. It reminded me of when Eddie comes out during a Maiden show. Only I think the Frankenstein was bigger than Eddie Usually Alice does a shorter version of Only Women Bleed but he's doing the full version of it which was great to hear. He got the guillotine at the end of Wicked Young Man which was the only time he gets killed during this show.

A local band named Klear opened the show and I didn't care either way about them and it was funny to see them try to get people to sing along when hardly anybody there knew there stuff. Anvil was the main support and with the exception of the drummer, who I think was pretty good, the less I say about how generic their stuff is the better.

If Alice is coming to your area and you're not sure about going, please do. This is a show that you don't wanna miss.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-26-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

I agree with most things you said. It was my fourth time seeing Alice as well and he really delivered. I had a feeling the setlist would be exactly the same as last time I saw him, but when I heard "Hey Stoopid" I was so happy. I've always loved that song and it worked so well live. It was definitely the highlight for me.

The only thing I disagree with was your assessment of Anvil I love Anvil! This was my third time seeing them (all of them since May) and it was good. Much like Alice, Anvil was a complete replica of last time I saw them, but I still enjoyed it.

Setlist:

March of the Crabs
Juggernaut of Justice
Fukin 'eh
New Orleans Voodoo
Mothra
White Rhino
Metal on Metal

Edit: I should mention that Klear got 45 minutes and Anvil got 45 minutes. Why give a band who nobody has heard of the same time as the mighty Anvil? It definitely should have been 30 minutes and an hour sets.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I should mention that Klear got 45 minutes and Anvil got 45 minutes. Why give a band who nobody has heard of the same time as the mighty Anvil?
That's because nobody has heard of Anvil outside of Canada before the documentary came out. That's not me being a wise ass, it's a fact. Even the guys in the band have admited that. I'm not sure why Anvil fans think they're some kind of metal royalty who deserve some kind of respect when they write below average metal and the only reason the bulk of the metal world is aware of them is because of the movie. Bottom line, they went unoticed for so long because they're just not very good and the only reason they got this slot opening for Cooper is because of their movie. Somebody's gotta tell it like it is when it comes to this band.

The real story is how great Cooper was. It doesn't matter who opened because Cooper's show will have you instantly forget who the opening acts even were. This was the show of the year for me without a doubt. When I see Priest in November it might come close but i'm such a big Cooper fan I don't think that will happen.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-27-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Yes. An excellent show by Alice as always. I was thrilled to hear Hey Stoopid. I can't believe he hasn't done that song in so long myself. The crowd loved it. The crowd was into everything, which was cool. The band is very good too. A lot of highlights to his show. The guy is 60 some years old and does it better than anyone. Cooper rules. The Buffalo habor is a nice place for a show too. Anvil played? I forgot They're pretty cheesy
Old 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Concert Veteran

I forgot to mention one of my favorite things about Alice's performance, he doesn't do any pointless banter with the crowd. Sure he motions to people to move and sing during certian songs but that's it. He just goes into song after song without wasting time and bullshitting with the audience in between.

Tags
alice cooper, anvil