Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
He doesn't do their clean vocals
Well I don't know much about the band but I've seen the video for their song "Confined" and I remember the video showed Tim singing the chorus. Sorry if offended anyone.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Cloudkicker - Beacons

Beacons is undoubtedly one of my favorite albums from last year, and I can safely say that its luster has not diminished in the slightest one year later. Ben Sharp truly created something special with Beacons. The musicianship on this album shown by Sharp is second to none, but that's not what made this album really stand out for me. For me what truly makes this album special is the numerous emotions I experience while listening to each song. Pain, despair, love, triumph, redemption...just to name a few. This may sound a bit corny, but this album really speaks to me in a way that most albums with vocals fail to do. Every song here serves a purpose and nothing feels out of place. To put it bluntly, this album is perfect.

Recommended tracks (you should really just listen to the whole thing in one sitting...)
Here, wait a minute! Damn it!
We're going in. We're going down.
Oh, God.
Push it way up!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Well I don't know much about the band but I've seen the video for their song "Confined" and I remember the video showed Tim singing the chorus. Sorry if offended anyone.
Which is why would think Austrian Death Machine is better.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:49 PM
welp

The last album before Pantera really broke through, and arguably one of the band's best. Before trying to constantly out-heavy themselves, before the tough-guy attitude, Pantera made one of the most badass, straight-up heavy metal albums ever. The best way to describe Power Metal would be that it's the transitional album between Glamtera and the Pantera we all know and love. It is definitely heavier and more speed/thrash influenced than the band's previous releases, but it still maintains Phil's more Halford-esque singing style and the anthemic '80s metal hooks. Probably my favorite Pantera album behind CFH. Oh, and Dime absolutely RIPS on this album. Might just be his best work.

Standout track:
Power Metal
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Which is why would think Austrian Death Machine is better.
I've heard a good deal of AILD's music, I don't need to know the history of the band and who sings what parts to know I don't like them.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post

The last album before Pantera really broke through, and arguably one of the band's best. Before trying to constantly out-heavy themselves, before the tough-guy attitude, Pantera made one of the most badass, straight-up heavy metal albums ever. The best way to describe Power Metal would be that it's the transitional album between Glamtera and the Pantera we all know and love. It is definitely heavier and more speed/thrash influenced than the band's previous releases, but it still maintains Phil's more Halford-esque singing style and the anthemic '80s metal hooks. Probably my favorite Pantera album behind CFH. Oh, and Dime absolutely RIPS on this album. Might just be his best work.

Standout track:
Power Metal
I've never listened to Glamtera but that song is actually quite good. That album cover is god awful though, one of the worst i've ever seen.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
i'm just givin you shit man
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Tool - 10,000 Days

The first Tool album I heard in full, and to this day it's a strong contender for my favorite, despite loving all their works for different reasons. From the off with the ethereal Vicarious, this album grabs your attention and takes you on an amazing journey which deals with everything from the singers mothers death, to the current constant state of war the world seems to be in, to alien abduction. This is more than just an album, this is a musical journey.

Standout Tracks:
All of them. Listen to it from track one and just let the music go!

Last edited by Dextrimental; 08-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
That Guy

I will be doing this a lot in the near future.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Rats off to ya

Descendents - Cool To Be You (2004)

This was my first exposure to who are now one of my favorite punk bands. I was sifting through the used rack at the record store and I found 2 albums by this band. I was in the mood to hear some punk and I knew these guys were considered one of the greats. The albums I found were this one and Enjoy! but I only bought this one. When I first bought this and didn't know much about the band I mistook this for Milo Goes To College because the covers are pretty similar (I didn't know the album by name at the time I just recognized the cover). When I went home I realized this wasn't Milo Goes To College and that this is actually the most recent album and at that point I regretted my purchase, but once I started playing the album my regrets faded away. I think this is actually one of Descendents strongest albums, I would place it as my 3rd favorite behind MGTC and Everything Sucks. This is definitely their poppiest record but that's not exactly a bad thing. Though it's pretty poppy they still keep their sound pretty raw. After hearing this I checked out the rest of their discography and fell in love with this band.

Recommended Tracks:
Nothing with You
'Merican
Cool To Be You