Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991

Old 08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Listening to it right now. I'm really liking it, surprisingly!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Vektor completely shits on every other new thrash band. Ever.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Listening to it right now. I'm really liking it, surprisingly!
You doubt my musical tastes?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:06 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
You doubt my musical tastes?
No, it's just that other than some bigger names (Slayer, Metallica, Testament, etc), I'm not that into thrash as a whole.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Of course he likes Vektor. Everyone likes Vektor! Right?

Right?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:

Vektor - Black Future

While it may not be my personal favorite, I have to say that this is hands down, one of the best, if not the best, recent thrash album of the decade. This isn't your generic neo-thrash band/album, this is incredible.

Vektor takes technical/progressive thrash metal to a whole new and different level. Taking inspiration from bands like Voivod and Destruction, among others, they combine all sorts of thrash together to make this monster called Black Future.

Every instrument is phenomenal on here. Both guitarists are incredibly talented and show it, the bassist has some of the best basslines on a thrash album, and the drummer is very technical and skilled at what he does. Now, the one thing that sticks out the most, and sounds incredibly awesome is the vocals. Hot damn, I don't even know how to describe them except with one word: AMAZING. It's like a mix of high pitched vocals with vocals you'd find in bands like Sepultura or Kreator. They're very different but as far as I know, they don't seem to turn anyone off.

Some of the songs are rather long, usually ranging from 10 to 13 minutes. The rest are around the 5 to 6 minute mark. But regardless of song length, this album never lets down throughout the listen. The songs have it all, clean passages, very fast parts, and a whole lot of progressive elements.

This will be a classic in the very near future, I can guarantee that. If you haven't heard this album by now, you are missing out BAD.

Highlights:
Hunger for Violence
Black Future
Forests of Legend
#20?

NUMBER FUCKING 20?????

Black Future is the best thrash album I've ever heard, hands down. I can understand you not having as your #1 pick (I'm a bit of a Vektor fanatic), but #20?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:15 AM

If this were my list, they'd definitely be one of the top bands
Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
#20?

NUMBER FUCKING 20?????

Black Future is the best thrash album I've ever heard, hands down. I can understand you not having as your #1 pick (I'm a bit of a Vektor fanatic), but #20?

Every album on here is rated on how much more I like it. Don't get me wrong, I love every album I've listed on here. It's all personal preference
Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 AM
N00B

Quote:

Vektor - Black Future

While it may not be my personal favorite, I have to say that this is hands down, one of the best, if not the best, recent thrash album of the decade. This isn't your generic neo-thrash band/album, this is incredible.

Vektor takes technical/progressive thrash metal to a whole new and different level. Taking inspiration from bands like Voivod and Destruction, among others, they combine all sorts of thrash together to make this monster called Black Future.

Every instrument is phenomenal on here. Both guitarists are incredibly talented and show it, the bassist has some of the best basslines on a thrash album, and the drummer is very technical and skilled at what he does. Now, the one thing that sticks out the most, and sounds incredibly awesome is the vocals. Hot damn, I don't even know how to describe them except with one word: AMAZING. It's like a mix of high pitched vocals with vocals you'd find in bands like Sepultura or Kreator. They're very different but as far as I know, they don't seem to turn anyone off.

Some of the songs are rather long, usually ranging from 10 to 13 minutes. The rest are around the 5 to 6 minute mark. But regardless of song length, this album never lets down throughout the listen. The songs have it all, clean passages, very fast parts, and a whole lot of progressive elements.

This will be a classic in the very near future, I can guarantee that. If you haven't heard this album by now, you are missing out BAD.

Highlights:
Hunger for Violence
Black Future
Forests of Legend
This is my first exposure to Vektor, and I'm really impressed. Easily some of the best thrash I've ever heard.
9/13 - Samhain
Old 08-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Let me start off and restate that I don't dislike any album on here more than another, it's just personal preference. I can only like albums more than others. Some people may not like where I have placed certain albums, but that doesn't mean I don't love these said albums. Of course classics like this would be placed higher on most peoples' lists, but again, personal preference.

That being said, to be honest, I'm not that big of an Exodus fan, but this album sticks out a lot and I (as well as the majority of metalheads) consider this album to be an all time thrash classic.

This album is the epitome of the terms "old school thrash metal" and "bay area thrash metal". The music itself just explains why it's an incredible and innovative album. The riffs on here are some of the best in all of metal. Gary Holt is nothing short of a legend because of this.

And speaking of legends, we have the man himself singing and making this album what it is: Paul Baloff (R.I.P.). His vocals are very different from Souza's and Dukes's vocals that you'd find on any other Exodus release. They are a bit more high pitched but still violent, fitting in with the album at the same time. The lyrics are also ones that define thrash and are mentioned frequently when metal is brought up.

This is one of the most influential albums of all time. I REALLY hope everyone on here has at least heard this album before. If not, crawl yourself out of that hole you live in and listen to it!

Oh and for the love of god do NOT listen to the re-recorded version of this album (Let There Be Blood). Paul Baloff is more than likely spinning in his grave because of that.

Highlights:
Metal Command
A Lesson in Violence
Bonded by Blood