Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Burn My Eyes or GTFO
Man, wouldn't that be a kick in the balls!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:43 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
POST #1 NAO
I don't know if I have time to do it today, if not today then tomorrow for sure. Keep you all in suspense

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Burn My Eyes or GTFO
You motherfucker I was gonna post that as a joke #1 but you ruined it, gg elitist
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I don't think he listens to much of it anyway.
Thrash used to be my favorite metal sub-genre but I've been getting more into black and death lately. And I just have unrealistically high expectations for thrash. However, when a thrash album is good, it's probably one of the most amazing things I will ever hear.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
Thrash used to be my favorite metal sub-genre but I've been getting more into black and death lately. And I just have unrealistically high expectations for thrash. However, when a thrash album is good, it's probably one of the most amazing things I will ever hear.
Well I hope that you do enjoy my favorite thrash album of all time. I'm gonna post it tomorrow, don't have that much time today with classes and seeing Alestorm tonight. It's gonna be a huge review.

Well here's a hint: It's not a repeat of any band on here, also facebook (I think I'm only friends with Brian on here so he'd probably be the only one to get it, DON'T SPOIL IT BRAH)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Well I hope that you do enjoy my favorite thrash album of all time. I'm gonna post it tomorrow, don't have that much time today with classes and seeing Alestorm tonight. It's gonna be a huge review.

Well here's a hint: It's not a repeat of any band on here, also facebook (I think I'm only friends with Brian on here so he'd probably be the only one to get it, DON'T SPOIL IT BRAH)
Huh. Heavy hitters who haven't been on the list: Heathen, Death Angel, Sacrifice? Off the top of my head, that's all I've got, so I'm gonna go with Heathen - Victims of Deception, although Sacrifice has the best shit out of the three.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Altars of Radness

I'm almost positive I have it figured out. Just waiting to see if I'm right.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
I'm almost positive I have it figured out. Just waiting to see if I'm right.
orly? Did it take some stalking to figure it out?

And another hint (more of a fun fact): I am currently wearing the band shirt of my #1 album! Forgot I was gonna reveal it today. Gonna do it later this afternoon.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
orly? Did it take some stalking to figure it out?
It did. Looking forward to the post though. I think it will surprise some people.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It did. Looking forward to the post though. I think it will surprise some people.
Yeah hopefully everyone will dig it, probably not logan though
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence

And here it is, my favorite thrash metal album of all time. Everything I could possibly love in thrash metal is in this album, and the four genius monsters behind this album perfect it like no other. This is also one of the very few albums, if not the only album, that's labeled "brutal thrash metal".

I'll start off with the production. It's basically your typical late 80s/early 90s production, think Altars of Madness. It's absolutely perfect for this album. Everything is audible and doesn't sound overly produced at all like you'd find on modern thrash albums. The production adds to the intensity and chaos of this album.

Speaking of chaos, this album is on par with Spectrum of Death and Chemical Exposure for being one fucking violent album. There is not one single moment where you're not feeling like trashing something or banging your head hard. This album is consistent from the moment it begins to the very second it ends. It will pulverize your skull and leave your body in shreds.

For the instruments, I think I will start off talking about the drums because they are possibly the biggest highlight of this album. To sum it up: Vinny Daze is a god damn MONSTER. I don't want to imagine how many sticks he went through recording this album. It has to number into the hundreds because he is beating the living fuck out of the drums on here. This album is full of incredibly fast parts and it's all thanks to him. He can keep up an incredibly fast beat for extended periods of time. He's one hell of a drummer, and it's a shame that he passed away in 1996. R.I.P.

The guitar riffs on here are just incredible. If they're not catchy, they, along with the drums, make up a very fast part of a song. Both of their guitarists are incredibly talented. The solos are amazing as well. They are usually fast, but if there's more than one guitar solo in a song, the guitarists switch off on who plays the solo. The perfect example of this is my favorite song off the album, Pyroclastic Annihilation. Everything about that song is brutal, fast, and the solo-off to end it is amazing.

The vocals and lyrics are big highlights on here as well. The vocals are kind of rapsy yet aggressive and coherent sometimes. Think Kreator but a LOT more pissed off. With the style of music Demolition Hammer plays, they fit perfectly. Along with these crazy vocals come the lyrics. These aren't your standard thrash "hail satan!" or "into the pit!" lyrics. There really isn't a lyrical concept to this album. All the songs are about different things. There are songs about torture devices, volcanos, sharks, abortions, and a ton of awesome stuff. The lyrics to these songs aren't basic at all. These are some of the most educated and advanced lyrics I've ever seen. Example:

Terminal mouth with tricuspid teeth
Revealing all the inner sights of hell
Contorting velocities
Of crushing violent rage
Shattering pain evolves
Blood-soaked chunks from wounded prey
Mangled flesh abounds
Succumb to nefarious mandibles
Dragged underneath
Immersed in fear of death

Steve Reynolds is a monster, a genius, and a hell of a musician! He also plays bass on here as well as vocals. The bass follows the guitar for the most part but it's still audible. His roles as a vocalist really stick out, though.

From the moment after the building feedback of the first track, you're pummeled with fast paced brutal death/thrash in your face. You get this for a few songs until the slower song Carnivorous Obsession. Even though it's a lot slower than the rest of the album, it's still brutal and real easy to headbang to. If you thought you could re-cope from the brutality and insanity during this song, you're out of luck. The filler song Orgy of Destruction, which is like 46 seconds long is even good! It has an amazing riff and then a huge build up to the title track which is one of the most violent songs ever. After that, there's 2 more songs which are also relentless and will kick your ass. There is not one dull or boring moment on here. The album doesn't end on a soft or slow note, nor are there acoustic or clean passages in this album at all. This is straight, in your face, ultra violent thrash metal.

This album is not for pussies. This is all why Epidemic of Violence is my favorite thrash metal album. It has everything I want in thrash metal done 100% accurately right. If you haven't heard this album yet, oh man, you have no idea how much you're missing out on. This is considered one of the best thrash albums of all time, I consider it my personal favorite.

Track listing:
Skull Fracturing Nightmare
Human Dissection
Pyroclastic Annihilation
Envenomed
Carnivorous Obsession
Orgy of Destruction
Epidemic of Violence
Omnivore
Aborticide

I hope you have all enjoyed this list as much as I had making it. I can see that I got a lot of people into some new bands which I am happy about. I love recommending good music to people and I hope I did a good job here. Thanks for following!