Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Municipal Waste -- Echo Park, CA -- July 25th, 2014
Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Face The Slayer

So I might be in a serious talk to go to this. I became good friends with a German Foreign Exchange student at my school from Hamburg this year and he invited me to come to Wacken over the Summer as he has extra passes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Sure Wacken might not be the greatest festival but it will still be a blast and a cool way to see a friend across seas.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
So I might be in a serious talk to go to this. I became good friends with a German Foreign Exchange student at my school from Hamburg this year and he invited me to come to Wacken over the Summer as he has extra passes. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Sure Wacken might not be the greatest festival but it will still be a blast and a cool way to see a friend across seas.
I'm certain you will have a great time. Even if you only see a few bands a day, I can imagine that it's just a great atmosphere, and a lot of fun in general.

I am curious to know how he has extra tickets (unless he bought them knowing that they would sell out so quickly).

ALSO: HAMMERFALL, GAMMA RAY, AND WARBRINGER
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I'm certain you will have a great time. Even if you only see a few bands a day, I can imagine that it's just a great atmosphere, and a lot of fun in general.

I am curious to know how he has extra tickets (unless he bought them knowing that they would sell out so quickly).ALSO: HAMMERFALL, GAMMA RAY, AND WARBRINGER
I think he got a few passes for his Christmas present from his dad (who also listens to metal) who bought them early, knowing that he would invite people.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM

In the past few days Aura Noir and the mighty OVERKILL have been confirmed. Things are definitely starting to look up for Wacken. Admittedly, I have lowered my standards a bit, but I'm probably already close to 25 bands I want to see.

I'm pretty sure there are still two major headliners left (since Overkill doesn't appear to be headlining), so there's still quite a bit of potential left.
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM

Sepultura was the most recent band to be confirmed. It sounds like they are doing something with a ton of drummers, but I'm still hoping for at least a couple of old tracks.

Also, the running order has been released (or at least, the days/stages, not the times). Friday and Saturday are going to be nuts, about 13 bands for me on Friday and around 10 or so on Saturday.

There's still one major spot left on Thursday night, and several other spots scattered throughout the day.

http://www.wacken.com/nc/en/woa2012/...ng-order-2012/
9/5 - Spell/Manacle