All The Small Things
The Blowjob Song
Josie

Encore:
Drum Solo
Carousel
Dammit
Family Reunion

I missed all of Manchester Orcherstra. Not that I care, what I have heard of their stuff is god awful.
(I apologize in advance for this really basic review and pardon my grammar, I am running on 4 hours sleep. The traffic after the show was fucking insane, there were so many accidents on the highway due to the crazy rain.)

This show was really odd. The crowd was easily the worst crowd I've been a part of. The douchebag per-captia rate was off the charts. There were at least 30 fights on the lawn alone that I witnessed. It was fucking stupid and made me realize how much better and cooler the metal crowd is in Massachusetts (I had only seen 1 fight at a show prior to this and that was an Acacia Strain headlining show). The weather was miserable. It started downpouring the minute blink started. I was so wet by "Dumpweed", it was insane. The vibe as a whole sucked and the torrential rain just made it worse.

The actual performances were good. My Chemical Romance was very good. I was a huge fan of theirs back in the day, their last two records don't really do much for me outside of a few songs from Black Parade. They put on a great show though. Gerard Way sounded damn good. Despite his lame image, he is a good singer and frontman. He worked the crowd very well. The setlist was a lot better than what they played the first night of the tour in New Jersey. I was happy they only played three songs of the new record and threw in another one from Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. (Manks, you're going to hate me for what I'm about to say), My Chemical Romance put on the best show of the night.

Blink-182 was a really fucking strange performance to describe. They limped out of the gate hardcore. The first 7 songs were subpar and pretty much lifeless. Tom sounded like he was half-assing it and really didn't give a shit about the crowd. From "Dumpweed" on, they were pretty good (though there was a still a few low points.) I was really expecting more from them. They were really funny, Mark Hoppus sounded good throughout the show, Travis Barker's drum solo was awesome, and "Heart's All Gone" sounds really fucking good live(best song of the night beside "Dammit"). It ended up being pretty good for the most part despite the limping intro and hit-or miss sections.

Overall, despite the miserable weather, douchebag fans, and shitty vibe, it was a pretty good show. It was cool to see both these bands for nostaliga purposes. Manks, I hope you have a better show than I did bro.

Scores
My Chemical Romance 8/10
blink-182 7.5/10 (the first seven songs they were at a 5/10)
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

ok good, they're not playing Anthem Pt. 2. That's my favorite song of theirs by far.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Huh, strange that they lacked energy like that. Also sucks to hear about the fights and douche fans. I see fights almost all the time, man. Last time I saw Acacia, there were 5. Saw 3 at Summer Slaughter. Another couple at Suicide Silence/Unearth last week. It's never fun to see that.

Great review, though!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:48 AM
not the mama

Over the weekend they played twice at a seated venue on Long Island. So many of my friends went and all of them said they were amazing
Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Over the weekend they played twice at a seated venue on Long Island. So many of my friends went and all of them said they were amazing
I kept hearing that on YouTube watching videos of the show. Idk, they defintely wern't amazing last night. MCR was way more into their peformance then Blink was.
7/22 Converge

Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I went last night, too. I got drenched, the traffic sucked, the crowd was indeed pretty terrible. But I didn't let that bother my enjoyment of the show.

While MCR did put a lot into their performance, everyone I was with (myself included) thought Gerard sounded pretty bad. No worse than when I saw them for Three Cheers, but not much better either. I like the first two albums, and having three off Three Cheers was nice but there's atleast five songs I would have preferred instead of Give 'Em Hell, Kid.

I thought blink were rather good. As far as the new songs, I didn't like Up All Night or Hearts All Gone before, but think they sounded atleast decent live. After Midnight sucked, but I liked Ghost on the Dance Floor. Nice to see Violence in the set, even if it's the only non-new song that they didn't play last time.

I'd probably give blink an 8/10, and MCR a 6.5/10.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Really? I though Gerard was pretty spot-on. A few of my friends that I went with hate MCR on disc, so they hated their live show. But the others and myself thought they were very good.
7/22 Converge

Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 AM
N00B

That show for me is Sunday I'm tempted to go but when I think back to their last tour I had pretty much the same review of them except our weather was good. And I had to be restrained trying to leave the parking lot because of assholes. Love blink but don't know if I can endure that again
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Interesting. The last time I saw them it kinda felt the same way that blink wasn't very into it, but after the first song they were great and cracking jokes and running all over the place. I guess it was just the rain for you.

And yeah, last time I saw them, Weezer stole the show!
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 AM
N00B

Hey fuck you pal we had panic at the disco I was pissed we almost drove to Cleveland just to have weezer instead