Chelsea Wolfe -- Cleveland, OH -- September 2nd, 2015
Deiphago -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 1st, 2015
Old Man Gloom -- Portsmouth, NH -- September 2nd, 2015
Motley Crue -- Atlanta, GA -- August 30th, 2015
Kid Rock -- Mountain View, CA -- August 30th, 2015

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Sports

Old 05-03-2015, 04:33 PM
with his arms outstretched

adamclark52s Top Ten Wrasslers AND MORE!

One word intro:

WRESTLING!!!!!!

Der Indexinschpil
Top Ten Wrasslers
10. Hulk Hogan
9. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
8. Rob Van Dam
7. Sabu
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. Raven
4. Kevin Nash
3. Chris Jericho
2. the Undertaker
1. Brock Lesnar

Top Ten Divalisious Divas
10. Ariel
9. Christy Hemme
8. Trish Stratus
7. Victoria
6. Vickie Guerrero
5. Beulah McGillicutty
4. Daffney
3. Miss Elizabeth
2. Stacy Keibler
1. Lita

Top Ten Hunkiest Hunks
10. Dolph Ziggler
9. Brian Kendrick
8. Tyler Breeze
7. Shawn Michaels
6. Ravishing Rick Rude
5. Randy Orton (until about 2006)
4. Roman Reigns
3. John Morrison
2. Justin Gabriel
1. Fandango

adamclark52s Ten Favorite and Least Haziest Memories that Haven't Been Lost Due to Drugs, Alcohol or having His Head Slammed into Stuff Such As Concrete Floors, Walls, Windows or Police Car Doors by no fault of his own, I swear officer she said she was nineteen
10. the ECW Chair Incident
9. Kurt Angle trying to suplex Shane McMahon through glass
8. Brock Lesnar F5'ing Michael Cole out of his shoe
7. Edge cashing in Money in the Bank (the first time)
6. The birth of the Mega-Powers
5. "I'm sorry...I love you"
4. The Rock verses Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania X8
3. Jerry Lawler invading ECW
2. ECW invading the WWE for the second or third time
1. Hulk Hogan joining the nWo

Top Ten Worst World Champions
10. Randy Orton
9. Rob Van Dam
8. the Undertaker
7. the Great Khali
6. Jack Swagger
5. David Arquette
4. the Miz
3. Rey Mysterio
2. Edge
1. Mankind

Top Ten Least Favorite People Involved in Wrasslin’
10. Kane
9. the Great Khali
8. Mark Madden
7. Dixie Carter
6. the Miz
5. Ashley Massaro
4. Kelly Kelly
3. Michael Cole
2. Triple H
1. Stephanie McMahon

Top Twenty Destructive Moves of Destructosity
20. Mr. Kennedys Second Rope Green Bay Plunge
19. Armbar
18. the Tazmission
17. Armbar
16. German Suplexes
15. Armbar
14. the F5
13. Armbar
12. the Pedigree
11. Armdrag
10. Stone Cold Stunner
9. The Shooting Star Super Staple-plex
8. Total Elimination
7. The Super Blizzard
6. Jackknife Powerbomb
5. The Saskatchewan Spinning Nerve Hold
4. Shooting Star Press
3. Armbar
2. the Widow's Peak
1. the Canadian Destroyer

Ten Least Favorite Moves of All-Time
10. the Mandible Claw
9. the Mandible Claw
8. the Mandible Claw
7. the Mandible Claw
6. the Mandible Claw
5. the Mandible Claw
4. the Mandible Claw
3. the Mandible Claw
2. the Mandible Claw
1. the Mandible Claw
10/04 -- Black Dahlia Murder
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven

Last edited by adamclark52; 07-24-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:36 PM

10. Hulk Hogan

I can’t not have Hogan on the list. He’s the reason I started watching wrestling sometime between 1983 and 1985. He was the reason I watched wrestling through the late-1980’s into the 1990’s. And he was a big reason I came back in 1998. Seeing him verses the Rock at Wrestlemania X8 is still one of the most magical things I’ve witnessed live. He’s not a good wrestler. He’s not really a good talker. He’s Hulk Hogan.

He’s also the reason I tend to take it easy on John Cena these days. People criticize Cena for only appealing to the younger than ten year old crowd. Well, when I was younger than ten I watched the WWF for one reason and one reason only: to see Hogan. I knew who everyone else was but I was completely oblivious to them. So while Cena may suck (in reality he’s better on the mic and in the ring) he’s the exact same thing. Hogan may have been even more nauseating in his run from 1983-1993. I remember when Cena first came on the scene and I was talking with my great-uncle, who had been watching wrestling since the 1950’s. I asked him how older fans reacted when Hogan first came on the scene and he told me it was the EXACT same backlash from the fans who had spent years watching everymen like Harley Race and Bob Backlund. But whatever, Hogan is the reason I watch wrestling.

Favorite Hulk Hogan Moment: being at Wrestlemania X8 and being a part of the crowd turning on the Rock. The WWEs history re-writers will tell you the crowd was split. No; it was sixty thousand people behind Hogan, maybe five thousand rooting for the Rock.
Times I saw Hulk Hogan live: twice: at Wrestlemania X8 and a few months later at a WWE Raw in Toronto.
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-05-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Concert Veteran

I was at Wrestlemania 18 and it was great to be part of that crowd during that match. Even though I was there I ordered it on PPV and recorded it on my VCR (remember those?) so I could watch it back when I came to see how everything came off on TV. When they said on that the crowd was divided my brother and I both said "what the fuck are they talking about?" This was a line obviously feed to JR and King by Vince. The crowd was easily 90 percent in Hogan's favor and so was I. All the wrestling fans on this board know I will never turn down the opportunity to boo The Rock. God his character was so fucking annoying and unlikeable. Perfect as a heel, but the drizzling shits as a face.

That's too bad you only saw Hogan live during his later years. I saw him at a few house shows in the mid 80s when he was on his four year run as champ. The main event of the first house show I ever went to was Hogan defending the title against Mr Wonderful in a cage. So, that was probably 1987 I think.

I don't think Hogan would make my top ten ever but there's no doubt he was a major reason I got into wrestling sometime between the first two wrestlemanias. Andre The Giant was my guy though. I even cheered for him after he turned on Hogan. I guess the dark side was strong in me even as a little kid
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's too bad you only saw Hogan live during his later years. I saw him at a few house shows in the mid 80s when he was on his four year run as champ. The main event of the first house show I ever went to was Hogan defending the title against Mr Wonderful in a cage. So, that was probably 1987 I think.
Was that that massive match at the Toronto Exhibition grounds in front of something like forty thousand people? Regardless, that have been awesome to see Hogan in his absolute prime. I ALMOST got my dad to take me to Wrestlemania VI. They were advertising tickets the weekend before the show. But he didn't. It was probably for the best though. I never liked the Ultimate Warrior much as it was and seeing him beat Hogan would've probably broken my eight year old heart.

I noticed the volume on the Wrestlemania X8 was a lot lower during Rock verses Hogan. I've been to tons of metal shows and stood beside monitors, and the crowd during Rock verses Hogan is still the LOUDEST thing I've heard in my life. They must have turned it down in post-production.

I always felt so bad for poor Lita, Jazz and Trish Stratus having to go on after that.
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven
Old 05-04-2015, 10:23 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO RUN WILD, BROTHER!

I was stoked that I got to see Vince vs Hogan. THAT was a match that had history and drama written all over it.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Born To Lose, Out To Lunch

The only time I saw Hogan: July 4th, 2002. Smackdown at the TD Garden (then known as the Fleet Center) in Boston. He won the tag titles with Edge. That was random as fuck.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:02 AM

9. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig

I don’t have too much to say about “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig. I just like him. I think he’s one of the understated stars of his era (even though he did get acknowledgment via a WWE Hall of Fame induction a few years ago). You could always count on a great match from Curt, even if he was putting someone else over. And if you’ve ever heard the stories of the “Plane Ride from Hell” in mid-2002 he’s the only known person to ever stand-up to Brock Lesnar. That takes balls. I think if Curt were still with us he’d still be putting on clinics.

Favorite Mr. Perfect Moment: it's a tie between his match against Bret Hart at Summerslam 1991 and that time he threw the football, ran the field and caught it himself
Times I saw Mr. Perfect live: sadly just once. And even sadder it was during the preshow match at Wrestlemania X8 in a six man tag match.
Little known fact: he never once missed swatting his gum away after he spit it out as he was getting into the ring. That's "perfect".
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-05-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:25 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I was never a huge fan of Mr. Perfect until a few years ago. Amazon had his documentary for super cheap, so I bought it and was amazed at the matches they had on it, really good story as well.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 05-05-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
"Everybody would check their egos at the door when they came to a building that Curt Hennig was in, because you couldn't out-work him, you couldn't outshine him and you couldn't out-perform him. He was the best of the best." - Hulk Hogan
Quote:
"...one of the greatest superstars that ever lived." - Bret Hart
You can't get much higher praise than that.
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven
Old 05-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Concert Veteran

Mr. Perfect would no doubt make my top ten list. The gimmick was fantastic and he played the part perfectly. He was the complete package as a performer. He had the look, charisma, mic skills and wrestling ability. He excelled in each of those categories and the Mr. Perfect gimmick was a better fit for him than any other gimmick that has existed in wrestling. He was such an all around great performer, there were no flaws to speak of. You were supposed to hate him but he was just so damn cool and backed up everything said in the ring, I couldn't help but cheer for him.

On his DVD Arn Anderson said sometimes the title makes the man and sometimes the man makes the title and elevates it and that's what Curt did with the IC title. When he held it, it was just about as important as the world title. That's how good he was.

If he was around today I think he would probably be a backstage agent/trainer for one of the big companies. It would be cool if he went back to doing color commentary, another role he was perfect in, but not for WWE since their commentary is so boring and balless now. He would be a good color guy in TNA, who despite all their faults, actually let the talent be themselves.

I can't recall many specific times I saw him live except for the WM18 pre-show dark match. I went to a number of house shows in the late 80s and early 90s so i'm sure i've seen him live but can't recall much of anything. He probably just squashed some jobbers anyways. That was usual for house shows back then.

I wish he was around today to help guide his son a little bit. He certainly would have helped when it came to trying to get some personality or maybe he could have been his manager which would have been awesome. Curtis Axel has the ring ring skills but severely lacks on the mic. He could've helped Ziggler to when it came to how to pull off his gimmick since it obvious it's a rip off of the Mr. Perfect one. There's a lot he could have contributed to the world of wrestling if he was still around.