Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM
N00B

Summer Slaughter -- Milwaukee, WI -- August 6th, 2011

I only have two setlists, will review later...no, now! Anyways, I got to the venue about a half hour before Within The Ruins came on. I'm pretty shocked that they got voted as the opener, because they're pretty generic, imo of course, but I guess it could've been worse. I stood on the floor for like 10 minutes got bored and went up to the balcony so I could get a good laugh out of the hardcore dancers, which I did. They ended, they only played 20-25 minutes. I'll try to rate bands now to make my topics slightly more interesting, not that it well help. 2/10

Next up Fleshgod Apocalypse. They're getting pretty popular around here it seems, but I don't think they were as good as when I saw them back in October with Suffocation. Not to say they were bad, they were just kind of underwhelming. Although, they did play one really awesome song that kind of reminded me of Majesty and Decay. I near the front for them and they a pretty good pit, I was impressed. They also played 20-25 minutes. 6/10

Next up was Oceano and, much like Within The Ruins, they sucked too. The crowd was kind of ridiculous though. Some asshole kept elbowing people in the front for no reason, oh well, they good pit too, or so it felt. 2/10

Then, As Blood Runs Black. They weren't good either, but at least they have a different generic sound than Oceano/WTR. 2/10

Powerglove next. Finally, the out of place band on the tour. I didn't really like their music, although I enjoyed the nostalgia. They were fun though, they threw out blowup hammers and swords and had audience members fight, which was pretty cool. So yeah, they were pretty fun. 5/10

I'm pretty sure this is their setlist. I don't know the real names, but I know what videogames they're from...

???
Megaman song
Tetris
Mortal Kombat
Pokemon
Mario Minor

Next up was Dying Fetus, and they kicked ass, as expected. I read the setlists and stuff on here before the show, so I knew their setlist already. I was really excited to hear Descend Into Depravity for the first time, and The Shepherd's Commandment again, two of my favorite Dying Fetus songs. John, Sean, and Trey all did a great job. I'm still impressed at how well John and Sean play all those complex riffs while singing. 8/10

Dying Fetus

Homicidal Retribution
One Shot One Kill
Shepherd's Commandment
Descend Into Depravity
Praise The Lord (Opium Of The Masses)
Your Treachery Will Die With You

Six Feet Under. I was most surprised about them being on the tour, and I was also surprised at how well they did. Anyone in their right mind knows that Chris Barnes' vocals have been horrible the past 8-10 years, but, for the most part, he sounded pretty good. There were some cringing things he did, like that weird, super weak pig squeal. But he's still an awesome front man. He's 44 and he still gives it his all on stage, imo. The guys backing him were good too. Although, when they played the Cannibal Corpse songs, they don't sound exactly right. I can't explain it, but it almost sounds like the band just aren't proficient enough to play it, or maybe not. Oh yeah, I'm not sure if this has happened at other shows, but Kevin Talley was walking around the venue leaving massive amounts of personal business cards in the bathrooms and stuff. So keep an eye out. 8/10

Stripped, Raped and Strangled
No Warning Shot
Revenge Of The Zombie
Feasting On The Blood Of The Insane
Victim Of The Paranoid
The Day The Dead Walked
Seed Of Filth
Hammer Smashed Face

After their set Chris said they would be back by the merch so I went back there. There was a line of about 30 people or so waiting to meet him. Darkest Hour came on while I was in line but I didn't pay attention to them. I met Chris, got my ticket signed and had an ugly picture taken with him.

Overall, it worth it, I was happy to see Dying Fetus again and to see Six Feet Under for the first time. I never thought I'd have the chance to see them, because apparently no one wants to book them in the US, but I'd definitely see them again.

Last edited by Jochen; 08-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Kneeling Whaler

A.K.A. "The Least Worst of Summer Slaughter"
Old 08-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
A.K.A. "The Least Worst of Summer Slaughter"
I hope you're not implying that Dying Fetus is bad! But it's okay if you are implying Six Feet Under is.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Looks like DF changed up a few songs, am I right?

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

You didn't stay for Black Dahlia? You missed out, man!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Hearing great things about SFU on this tour, so hopefully they do a US tour soon.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Hearing great things about SFU on this tour, so hopefully they do a US tour soon.
I think they might be coming back to the US next spring. There's a video interview with Chris Barnes where he mentions it.

Tags
dying fetus, powerglove, six feet under