Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
N00B

Summer Slaughter -- Louisville, KY -- August 4th, 2011

I had been looking forward to this tour ever since darkest hour spilled the beans to me about the lineup a month before it was released. This was my first summer slaughter so I didn't really know what to expect. I live in Cincinnati and took the hour and a half drive down to lousiville at noon. Ticket said doors opened at 2pm. I arrived at quarter til 2 and lined up. It was hot outside but not as bad as it had been the last couple weeks either way they didn't let us in until 2:30pm which pissed a lot of people off just because of waiting in the heat. I had never been to this venue either and after looking up pictures I was very intrigued. The venue is a metal domethat runs along side a flea market. They had all the merch booths set up outside the venue where they were grilling burgers and hot dogs, which were very good by the way. The venues sound was very good, they had tvs along the walls in the venue showing the stage and crowd, and they had another room that had a small stage and pool tables where local bands played all day. I think this is now my all around favorite venue despite some sound issues that happened with a few of the bands.

Within the ruins
I was pretty pissed when they won the spot to play summer slaughter over revocation and augury. This band actually surprised me a bit and were much better than I expected. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them but ended up enjoying the opening set.

Fleshgod apocalypse
I was very excited to see them play and in all honesty they should have been playing higher up on the bill. When they went into their first song there was some issues hearing guitar and vocals but as the set went on everything got fixed and they finished out amazing. I look forward to seeing them again playing more than 4 songs. They also ha the new cd available for sale when I first got into the venue but I thought i would wait until the end because I didn't want it to get broke. By the time they finished playing they were sold out of it and I was one sad person.

As blood runs black
I admittedly like this band and have seen them a few times before this with multiple singers. I saw them back in march as well. They were far and away better than the other times I had seem them play. They were the first band to really get the crowd going and keep them going setting the tone for the rest of the day. They did a wall of death and finished out strong. I very much enjoyed them.

Oceano
Hurt my ears, I went and got a burger.

Dying fetus
I think they are a very good band however I seem to get bored listening to them for some reason not to sure why. I had never seen them live and looked forward to what they were like. I enjoyed them way more live, but still found myself bored at times. Try had the crowd going pretty good most of the time. I probably won't go out of my way to see them but if they play with another band I like I will watch and pay attention again.

Kingdom of sorrow
Very very fun set it was the first time I've seen them and I was on the barrier for them. It was pretty awesome seeing Jamey away from hatebreed. I look forward to seeing them again on Sunday when I go to mayhem fest. I met the guys and talked with them until six feet under went on. All really nice guys.

Six feet under
I'm not a big fan I like songs of theirs here and there. The crowd was definitely going crazy for them I stayed around the edge of the pit and towards the end moved to the barrier where I would stay the rest of the night. Their set was fun. I wouldn't say they are anything special but I definitely had fun during the set. They played a couple songs longer than they had been I think for a reason you'll find out at the end of this. Couldn't tell you the names though. Hopefully they tour around here again and play with some other bands I dig.

Darkest hour
Long time fan of this band. One of my favorites. They were good but unfortunately mic issues plagued them. The first mic John Henry had would cut out so they gave him a new one. Then the new mic was too quiet. All this going on during my favorite song the sadist nation. So at the end of the song they tried to figure out the problem until John Henry said fuck it and used both mics at the same time to finish out the set. They were clearly frustrated by this. Shit happens. I still loved the set.

Whitechapel
All haters wishes come true! Actually no they probably didn't they are still playing music, but they had two guitarists today yes only two. The third guitarist ate jimmy johns and got food poisoning. I like some whitechapel haven't listened to anything since this is exile. I found their set to be incredibly boring and finding myself counting down the minutes until they were done. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them though one of my favorite bands was up next.

The black dahlia murder
Simply amazing. Sound and everything was spot on. It had been two years since I had seen them. They did not disappoint. I loved the setlist, which I checked a couple days before the show and screamed like a school girl when I saw what they were playing. Pretty much all my favorites. The setlist I looked up was from early on in the tour so I don't know if we were the first or not but instead of blood in the ink to close they closed with funeral thirst. Crowd was fired up entire set quite a few crowdsurfers and several circle pits. I was told they may do a B market tour in October if not then it would be in spring. The time in-between they will be in Europe.

Now I bet you're saying you forgot one, but I didn't. Powerglove had a tire blow out on the way and I guess wrecked. Not exactly sure what happened. If they made the show it would be very late. Well they made the show but they played the same time black dahlia murder played on the little local stage. I was sad because I was very excited to see them, what can I say I am a nerd. I did manage to catch their last song but it was the one I don't care for gotta catch em all. I can't wait to see an actual set from them.

At the end of the day I loved it. Such a great show.

My take home items.
-darkest hour drum stick
- whitechapel pick I found on the ground
- as blood runs black pick
- black dahlia murder t shirt with summer slaughter dates ($15)
- black dahlia murder set list
I caught one of brians picks but it was not marked with their logo and I already had one with the logo I caught a couple years earlier so I gave it to the girl next to me.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Black Dahlia Shirts are only $15? That's awesome!

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Sick; I'll probably pick up a Dahlia shirt if they're that cheap! Too bad you didn't like Whitechapel, though I'm not surprised. BDM sounds sick as ever.

And woah, Kingdom of Sorrow played for you guys? That's cool, I guess.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
N00B

Yeah I found it interesting that tbdm shirts were 15 but as blood runs black was 20
Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape View Post
Yeah I found it interesting that tbdm shirts were 15 but as blood runs black was 20
That makes no sense

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
N00B

Not at all lol
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Where the hell did Kingdom of Sorrow come from?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
N00B

Mayhem off date for them between north Carolina and Chicago.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
N00B

What did the BDM shirts look like?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 PM
N00B

Tags
as blood runs black, darkest hour, dying fetus, fleshgod apocalypse, kingdom of sorrow, oceano, six feet under, the black dahlia murder, whitechapel, within the ruins