Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian13 View Post
Yeah, most people seem to get into metal around the time they hit high school (at least most of my friends did... I actually have one friend who's my age who was at this concert as well, though we didn't know each other at the time).

And it was actually by complete dumb luck that I discovered Pantera/Metallica, just randomly stumbled onto them online. It actually really blows my mind to think how different my life would be today had things gone just slightly differently and I hadn't discovered metal/music/concerts when I did.
Well I discovered Metal around the same age as you, sadly that was in like 2007/2008 so no amazing shows for me at a early age
Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
N00B

Quote:
Yeah, most people seem to get into metal around the time they hit high school (at least most of my friends did... I actually have one friend who's my age who was at this concert as well, though we didn't know each other at the time).

And it was actually by complete dumb luck that I discovered Pantera/Metallica, just randomly stumbled onto them online. It actually really blows my mind to think how different my life would be today had things gone just slightly differently and I hadn't discovered metal/music/concerts when I did.
I've been into rock and metal pretty much my whole life, just didn't start thinking about going to concerts until that point.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Well I discovered Metal around the same age as you, sadly that was in like 2007/2008 so no amazing shows for me at a early age
That's what you think right now, but if you've seen any remotely big-name or well respected bands, chances are in 10 years (or 15, or 20) some teenage metalhead is gonna be mighty jealous of you and wish they'd been born earlier... shows/bands don't really seem legendary like that until a while after they're done. So hang in there, one day you'll be able to look back and say "I saw those guys " to some awe-struck kid.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
That's what you think right now, but if you've seen any remotely big-name or well respected bands, chances are in 10 years (or 15, or 20) some teenage metalhead is gonna be mighty jealous of you and wish they'd been born earlier... shows/bands don't really seem legendary like that until a while after they're done. So hang in there, one day you'll be able to look back and say "I saw those guys " to some awe-struck kid.
Pretty much this. I was lucky enough to see Black Sabbath with Dio (on the Alice Cooper/Queensryche tour in 2007), and I wasn't a huge fan at the time. Looking back on it, I'm glad I had the chance to see Dio, but it's too bad I didn't appreciate the music at the time.
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Or you could have been a tool who was only pretty much into rap when he was in high school until senior year. Sigh... not that I know anyone like that. Except for the guy typing this who knows he missed a ton of shows. Guess I'll go cry myself back to sleep but nice first review. Welcome aboard.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Tanith First & Only

Cool post - I love the long and detailed reviews on shows, especially the ones from years past. I've been into metal since the late 80's, but only started going to shows semi-regularly in the last couple years . Wish I would have started a lot earlier!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
N00B

You were so lucky that this was your first concert! I just turned 18 in May and I have just gotten into Pantera in the last year or two so I missed their whole career

I also have a question. Wasn't this part of the Extreme Steel Tour? If so, did you miss Slayer or were they not part of the bill for this show?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

awesome first post, welcome aboard

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 08-05-2011, 06:52 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I also have a question. Wasn't this part of the Extreme Steel Tour? If so, did you miss Slayer or were they not part of the bill for this show?
They weren't on the bill unfortunately. The last date of the tour with the full lineup was in Vancouver five days before this show, the other shows after that (Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg) were just supposed to be Pantera, Skrape, and Morbid Angel, but Morbid Angel got denied entry into Canada and missed them, so it was just Pantera and Skrape.

Tags
pantera, skrape