Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO-- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014

Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 PM
N00B

Mayhem Fest -- Holmdel, NJ -- July 27th, 2011

Wow, what a fantastic/tiring day. I got to pnc around 1:30. First of all I really wanted to go but wouldn't have if my friends gf couldn't get us in for free, which she did, which is awesome! Anyway, finally got in around 1:50. First band I kinda wanted to see went on around 1:45 and it was Dr. Acula. Now I know I'm gonna catch some shit for this but I like Dr Acula.... Not a lot but enough to wanna see them today. Now I saw them a few years ago and they were terrible but since I enjoyed their newest cd and they were actually okay today I'm glad I saw them. 5.5/10.
Fire Crotch (The Venereal Van Ride)
Welcome To Camp Nightmare
Cocaine Avalanche
Shocker On Shock Street
Party 2.0
Who You Gonna Call?

Next was Straight Line Stitch. Now I don't like this band so didn't see them. You may like them and I have nothing against them, just not a fan. Skipped

After them was Red Fang! These guys were awesome. I love me some stoner metal and they were perfect! Loved em, need to buy their albums and see em again. Assuming their set was the same. 8/10
Into The Eye
Sharks
Wires
Malverde
Good To Die
Prehistoric Dog

All Shall Perish was next and they were really good. I've been a fan of these guys for a while and this was my 2nd time seeing them but honestly I thought they were better at Summer Slaughter last year. They played a few new songs that I didn't know, need to pick up their newest album. 7.5/10
Wage Slaves
Gagged, Bound, Shelved and Forgotten
There Is No Business To Be Done On A Dead Planet
Procession of Ashes
In This Life Of Pain
There Is Nothing Left
Eradication

Kingdom of Sorrow was good. Not a huge fan but I enjoyed the first album, I love Down and Hatebreed so I do like KOS enough. 6.75/10
Behind the Blackest Tears
Free the Fallen
Enlightened to Extinction
Begging for the Truth
Monuments of Ash
Lead into Demise
Lead the Ghosts Astray
Buried in Black

Suicide Silence was up next and honestly I love this band. I love NTTB, thought it was a great album and what I've heard of this new one it might be better. My 3rd time seeing these guys and as always they were great. 8/10.
Wake Up
Unanswered
You Only Live Once
Fuck Everything
Disengage
Slave To Substance
No Pity For A Coward

Now the first band I really came to see, Unearth! I love this band. Definitely one of my favorite bands of all time. This was my 5th time seeing them and every time they're awesome. The newest cd was fantastic and they were easily tied for best band of the day. At the end of Great Dividers, Trevor pointed to me and gave me the mic to scream the end! 10/10.
My Will Be Done
Sanctity of Brothers
Watch It Burn
This Lying World
Endless
Eyes of Black
The Great Dividers

After them was Machinehead, they were good. After Unearth I was could've went home but every band after was still great. I've seen MH a few times and they're always good live. 7/10
Imperium
Beautiful Mourning
Locust
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo

In Flames played last and they were great. I've seen them about 5 times now and every time they're consistently great. They started playing Take This Life but I guess the power went out for a little bit so they played My Sweet Shadow instead! 8.5/10
Cloud Connected
Alias
Pinball Map
Deliver Us
The Hive
Where The Dead Ships Dwell
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

After them I raced to catch Trivium on the main stage. Missed the first song but I caught the rest of the set and they were pretty good. Idk, it was weird seeing them on the main stage but they were still pretty good. Played kind of short/lackluster set. 7/10
In Waves (missed)
Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation (missed)
Pull Harder On The Strings of Your Martyr
Built To Fall
Down From The Sky
Thrones of Perdition

Finally, the second main band I came to see, Megadeth!! They were fucking amazing! I haven't seen them in over 3 years and they are so worth it. Played spot on, still one of my favorite bands of all time. Dave even hinted at a NJ date for the Big 4, which would be amazing! What more can I say? They're fucking Megadeth. 10/10
Trust
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Headcrusher
Sweating Bullets
Public Enemy No. 1
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Left after them because I don't like Godsmack and I have no desire to see Disturbed now a days. Overall, had a great time. Absolutely worth going for free and I can't wait for next year!

Last edited by Bergman101; 07-28-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added songs
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Uh yeah, no shit it's worth going for free

But yes, Mayhem Fest is such a blast. I wish I lived closer to one so I could get the time to hit 2 or 3 of them.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 07-27-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
N00B

Trivium also played "Gunshot..."

Fun show, was up front and caught picks from Trivium, Megadeth, and Disturbed
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Trivium also played "Gunshot..."
I missed Gunshot too???? Now I'm upset...
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
welp

Megadeth delivered the best performance I've ever seen out of them. Trivium were great, though I would've preferred them to be on one of the side stages. I left In Flames early, but seeing that they didn't do "Take This Life", I'm not so upset. Machine Head were awesome as always, but were WAY too fucking loud (I really hope I didn't fucking up my hearing). Unearth were killer as always. Hell, even Suicide Silence were good, and I'm not a fan whatsoever. Great energy, and their breakdowns actually sounded heavy. The biggest disappointment of the day for me though was All Shall Perish. I was really looking forward to them, but it just seemed kind of bland. Too many breakdowns in one day. Especially combined with the heat, which was a grueling combo. Godsmack were pretty good, but Disturbed was disappointing. The sound was awful for them and there really wasn't much in terms of energy.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

What, Dr. Acula didn't do any sick keyboard flips?!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
What, Dr. Acula didn't do any sick keyboard flips?!
Didn't you hear, that guy's not even in the band anymore!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Didn't you hear, that guy's not even in the band anymore!
Aw, fucking stupid. That was the most hardcore move I've ever seen.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

Suicide Silence was absolutely godawful. I don't understand the 8/10. The sound was so bad. Straight Line Stitch was terrible as well. Machine Head was by far the best of the bands on the outdoor stages. All Shall Perish was good, some guy got taken out on a stretcher during their set.

You should have stayed for Godsmack man. I wasn't a big fan but that was one of the sickest shows I've seen. They were having so much fun with the crowd. Then Disturbed sucked compared to them so I left shortly after.

Tags
all shall perish, dr acula, in flames, kingdom of sorrow, machine head, megadeth, red fang, suicide silence, trivium, unearth