Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

  #1  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:13 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,411
Amy Winehouse dead

So, most unsurprising death of the year? I think so.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,830
My thoughts from Facebook, feel free to spread it around:

Quote:
FUCK AMY WINEHOUSE!!! 87 people died yesterday because some fuckhead set a bomb off in the government center of Oslo Norway (Killing 7), and shot up a youth camp killing many youths and people who work there (80 shot dead) yet the big breaking news this weekend is some ugly fucking, one hit wonder, crackhead overdosed. Fuck her and anyone who cares about her more then Norway!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:27 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
My thoughts from Facebook, feel free to spread it around:
You're a fucking idiot. Spread that around. The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest. Get over yourself.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:33 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
You're a fucking idiot. Spread that around. The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest. Get over yourself.
That was sarcasm buddy.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:35 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Okay, seriously? Nothing about it remotely indicated that, but okey dokey.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Addiction is a motherfucker, and if you react differently to this than you would for someone like Layne Staley or Jimi Hendrix just because you don't like her music, you're an asshole.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest.
Well it was back then.

__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:58 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Okay, seriously? Nothing about it remotely indicated that, but okey dokey.
I meant the sarcasm about the spread it around part.

I probably am an asshole for saying that. I'll openly take it. I've lost enough family members and friends and people important to me from overdoses, drunk driving, and other drug/alcohol related incidents to where I can't feel bad for them anymore. I've spent my whole life trying to help people get over their addictions because they trust in me enough to help them. And I always have because I am a caring person for anyone who wants me to be there. But every time I do what I can to help. I might as well have been talking to a brick wall. Addictions will take over your life and unless you personally have the will power, you get arrested, you get thrown into rehab, or you die. There's nothing you can do about it.

Back on topic, Her family and friends did everything they could to help her. she told them to fuck off on repeated occasions. When you get to the point where you only care about yourself because of your addictions where your career, family, friends, love life, etc mean nothing to you and all you care about is your addiction after everyone for years tries to help you....you can fuck off.

And Powerslave, you are probably right when you say that if Layne Staley or Jimi Hendrix would have affected me more. Layne Staley absolutely did when he overdosed...until I found out the back story. Just because I love the music and what they have accomplished doesn't mean they are given a pass for the rest of their lives.


Ok enough ranting, I was starting to get into my own life a bit too much. Case in point. I'm not upset over this. I feel upset for her family and those close to her, but her personally...never.

EDIT*

JRA- THANK YOU!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,900
Blog Entries: 19
Millions in England devestated, no one cares in America except tryhards.

If she OD'd, no sympathy for her at all.
__________________
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
09/30 - The Story So Far
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Millions in England devestated, no one cares in America except tryhards.

If she OD'd, no sympathy for her at all.
You should have seen my Facebook news feed, total opposite reactions.

I have no sympathy for her at all, especially if anyone takes the time to look more into her life, you get a better reason why.

But don't worry I got called an asshole and a dick first, so anything you get called is just splinters from the grenade.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008