Portal
Disease Called Man
The Aftermath
Purgatory
Swarm/Saligia

Possibly some more

Trog set will be added later but it was the same as their rob zombie set

Some notes:

Exhumed kicked extreme ass. Insane how technically gifted they are. One of the best sets I've seen.
Cephalic Carnage was good when they were grinding, everything else was Meh.
Origin by far had the biggest crowd. They filmed the whole set. Tons of stage divers. During The Aftermath everyone got on stage and headbanged and even nudged and stagedove. Origins shows are on a level if their own.
Trog was great as always.
Upon The Wake sucked, but had a good vocalist.
The Roman Holiday has improved so much. Pretty awesome.

Full review lata.

Exhumed: 9.5/10
Cephalic Carnage: 7/10
Origin: 9/10
Troglodyte: 8.5/10
Upon The Wake: 5/10
The Roman Holiday: 8/10
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Cool. Can't wait to see the videos that come from this Origin show. But no Ohwurm from Cephalic Carnage? That sucks... AND no Antithesis from Origin sucks the most!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Heavy Metal Weather Man

I'm pretty sure the missing Cephalic Carnage from your set is Divination and Volition from Xenosapien.

I'm glad Exhumed did a good job. I had to leave early. I was tired, and I start work at 4:30 in the morning. But I saw them at MDF and I'm going up for this tour today (Friday) in Des Moines, so I'll see them there. Origin was essential for me to see, though, and they did NOT disappoint. Fucking awesome.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

That's a damn good lineup. Exhumed + Origin = WIN FUCKING WIN (however, it means Origin was in a supporting slot, which kinda suxorz, I guess).

Speaking of Origin..."Disease Called Man"? Fuckyesplz

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-22-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Okay, so my only complaint about the night is that parking at the Aftershock completely sucks. Their lot isn't nearly big enough and we ended up parking 3 rows deep so the cars in the middle were SOL if they had to leave early. But aside from that, Aftershock's biggest show yet was absolutely awesome.

First band up was The Roman Holiday from Independence, and they were surprisingly good. I've seen them evolve and get better and better with each performance, and this was by far their best-sounding show. Too bad they weren't around 25 years ago, or they would be Cannibal Corpse. Can't wait to see them again at Hammerween II!

The only disappointing band of the night was Upon The Wake. It was their last ever show, but they were so disjointed and looked so nervous up on stage that it looked like it was their first show. Their vocalist ruled, though.

Troglodyte, fresh off their blistering (quite literally) set opening for Rob Zombie on Sunday, tore everyone in Aftershock a new face. They have a second guitarist now, and it only adds to their greatness. Caught (On Super 8) is still one of the best damn songs ever written. Long live Sasquatch Death Metal.

The band with the biggest crowd of the night, though, were hometown heroes Origin. It was the last date on their first US tour for "Entity" and they were welcomed home with insane style. The new vocalist, Jason (I got his automagraph!), was so awesome. He's every bit as good of a vocalist as James was, but his stage presence is so much better. He was physically pulling people out of the crowd to stagedive, and during The Aftermath, they had everyone on stage to headbang, and even some moshing and crowdsurfing! I haven't seen that since Suicidal Tendencies back in 2008. But I can't forget Paul, John and Mike. They all sounded fantastic and the sound itself was really clear for both the instruments and the vocals. It was really a legendary performance. It was all filmed and will be used for their music video for "Expulsion Of Fury!"

I'll admit, I wasn't entirely looking forward to Cephalic Carnage. Their last CD was really underwhelming to me, but they actually did a pretty good job. When they were straight-up grindcore, they were pretty fun. Whenever they tried to do anything else, it wasn't that great. There's some better bands that could've taken their place, but there's a LOT more worse bands that could've been there.

Exhumed was so good. Their brand of Carcass worship has more personality and original touches that probably makes them my favorite (at least live) death metal/grind/goregrind band. Matt sounded just like he does on record, and his solo's were spot-on, but Wes had some amazing solo's as well. The vocals were really clear, even for being right up next to the stage. "Casketkrusher" was so good it gave me chills, and ending the night on "The Matter Of Splatter" was just one of the highlights of my year. Hopefully they come back real, real soon!
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palabra de Dios View Post
I'm pretty sure the missing Cephalic Carnage from your set is Divination and Volition from Xenosapien.

I'm glad Exhumed did a good job. I had to leave early. I was tired, and I start work at 4:30 in the morning. But I saw them at MDF and I'm going up for this tour today (Friday) in Des Moines, so I'll see them there. Origin was essential for me to see, though, and they did NOT disappoint. Fucking awesome.
Yeah, I saw you get on stage with them. Fucking awesome.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Oh, I forgot the best part.

During All Guts, No Glory, they all held up their instruments on stage and on the back of the guitars, they spelled out "GORE - FUCKING- METAL"

09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM
second hand choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Oh, I forgot the best part.

During All Guts, No Glory, they all held up their instruments on stage and on the back of the guitars, they spelled out "GORE - FUCKING- METAL"

Yeah that was pretty amazing. Can't believe how much the sound fucked up for Origin though, luckily they still killed it. I've never seen so many mistakes with Aftershocks sound
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustion07 View Post
Yeah that was pretty amazing. Can't believe how much the sound fucked up for Origin though, luckily they still killed it. I've never seen so many mistakes with Aftershocks sound
I noticed it basically cut out at points during the first two songs, but after that it seemed awesome.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM
second hand choke

Yeah I was right by the speaker that kept going out, the first time it did it I thought I went deaf in my right ear but then I noticed everyone around me was pissed haha. The only other problem was with Exhumed, I think their distortion fucked up or something? Even with the sound issues it was the best show I've seen there.

Tags
cephalic carnage, exhumed, origin