Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Boulder, CO -- April 23rd, 2014
Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: What Should My First Metal Radio Segment Be Based on?
My Influences In metal (also sharing stories about bands I've met) 15 44.12%
the first 6-8 Metal songs that I pick at Random on iTunes 3 8.82%
Progressive Metal 4 11.76%
Power Metal 1 2.94%
Thrash Metal 1 2.94%
Death Metal 3 8.82%
Black Metal 2 5.88%
Tech Metal 0 0%
Sludge/Post/Doom Metal 4 11.76%
Other (Please post what you'd want to hear) 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Do a radio show about why the radio sucks.
As I did mentioned before, this is Public Radio, funded by the state of Minnesota and donations. As in, it's not run by the music industry. So there's no need to rant. I can play almost anything I want.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
As I did mentioned before, this is Public Radio, funded by the state of Minnesota and donations. As in, it's not run by the music industry. So there's no need to rant. I can play almost anything I want.
Even MORE reason to stick the boot in on commercial radio
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
2/5 The Brew
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
As I did mentioned before, this is Public Radio, funded by the state of Minnesota and donations. As in, it's not run by the music industry. So there's no need to rant. I can play almost anything I want.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Even MORE reason to stick the boot in on commercial radio
Even better point.
__________________
4/24 Behemoth OR 4/26 IntrOnaut/Cloudkicker/ITTCT (?)
5/9 Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak (?)
6/15 MESHUGGAH (?)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
Major Update

Hey guys, just got an incredible offer tonight that is non related to the radio station that this thread is about, but something that you guys will be hearing starting next Tuesday if you are interested.

A good Facebook friend of mine works as an intern/DJ at a mainstream Twin Cities station, On Tuesday and Friday Nights he hosts a radio/webcam show on Stickam that is the definition of variety. He'll go from Lady Gaga, to Owl City, to Gojira to Tears Of Ash (Check my signature). He wants me to be a host of a Top 10 Rock/Metal countdown every Tuesday starting at 9pm, starting next Tuesday. I can make the show anyway I want to. From Satanic Death Metal to 60s Hippie Jam band songs. as long as I keep it, entertaining, and appealing. Basically meaning, don't make it boring.

So all this week I will be recording Station IDs, promos, Intros, outros and all that good stuff for the show. I also gotta come up with a DJ name. I wanna be called That Drummer Guy (also, check my signature), but not sure if that is too long or not.

Its mainly focused on our area, Western Wisconsin/Twin Cites Minnesota, but anyone would be able to watch it and hopefully will enjoy it.

The link to the Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/w3rdradio

So starting NEXT Tuesday you'll be able to hear me play my favorite Rock and Metal songs. So it's going to be pretty varied every week. I'll post a link to the show when it gets closer.

I can't wait to start. I'm already getting playlists together!
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 AM
llama lom's Avatar
llama lom llama lom is offline
Meh.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brockton, MA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Major Update

Hey guys, just got an incredible offer tonight that is non related to the radio station that this thread is about, but something that you guys will be hearing starting next Tuesday if you are interested.

A good Facebook friend of mine works as an intern/DJ at a mainstream Twin Cities station, On Tuesday and Friday Nights he hosts a radio/webcam show on Stickam that is the definition of variety. He'll go from Lady Gaga, to Owl City, to Gojira to Tears Of Ash (Check my signature). He wants me to be a host of a Top 10 Rock/Metal countdown every Tuesday starting at 9pm, starting next Tuesday. I can make the show anyway I want to. From Satanic Death Metal to 60s Hippie Jam band songs. as long as I keep it, entertaining, and appealing. Basically meaning, don't make it boring.

So all this week I will be recording Station IDs, promos, Intros, outros and all that good stuff for the show. I also gotta come up with a DJ name. I wanna be called That Drummer Guy (also, check my signature), but not sure if that is too long or not.

Its mainly focused on our area, Western Wisconsin/Twin Cites Minnesota, but anyone would be able to watch it and hopefully will enjoy it.

The link to the Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/w3rdradio

So starting NEXT Tuesday you'll be able to hear me play my favorite Rock and Metal songs. So it's going to be pretty varied every week. I'll post a link to the show when it gets closer.

I can't wait to start. I'm already getting playlists together!
That's fucking awesome man! Congrats!
__________________
5/20: Rotten Sound
6/10: Torche
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:33 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post
That's fucking awesome man! Congrats!
Thanks man. I start recording everything Wednesday, and then from Next Tuesday on. I can't wait.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
I do have the playlist all planned out. If anyone wants to see it I'll post it (although it would ruin the surprise next Tuesday if you tune in). I think its a pretty well balanced set. 45 minutes roughly. People will dig it.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
Got the show recorded back on Thursday and made copies of the show for close friends and family. They all really like it. The song selection to the banter to being told I have a sexy voice by a fine lady friend. If you want to check out the show on Tuesday Night at 9pm Central I will be posting the link Tuesday, otherwise here is the playlist (which I'll be making silver for those who want to be surprised):

Fair To Midland- Whiskey And Ritalin
Periphery- All New Materials
Clutch- 50,000 Unstoppable Watts
King's X- Dogman
Pagan's Mind- Eyes Of Fire
Triptykon- A Thousand Lies
Strapping Young Lad- Love?
Orange Sky- Alone
Dredg- Bug Eyes
Alcest- Souvenirs d'un autre monde





I'm already starting work on next Weeks show, if you want to listen, feel free to send requests my way.
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Pagan's Mind- Eyes Of Fire
Triptykon- A Thousand Lies
Strapping Young Lad- Love?
Alcest- Souvenirs d'un autre monde
:brofist:
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-31-2011, 05:08 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
:brofist:
2/5th of the playlist getting a brofist is good in my book.

:brofist:
__________________
That Drummer Guy Presents:
EVERY DAY from 4-6 am and pm on http://www.zeropointradio.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008