Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Common misconception. It's a proven fact that there's no good Mexican food east of Texas or north of Colorado
Come to Atlanta and I'll prove you wrong. Seriously - I know good, authentic ethnic food when I taste it.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Shittles
Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I had Chipotle earlier today, Nat. Still not sure how your body (or wallet) can survive the five times a week plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I was thinking that as well. Mostly the money part though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, that gets expensive. Must be all that 6-figure engineer he's raking in.
Burrito bowls are like six bucks, guys. I know you are poor college students right now, but six or seven bucks for a meal is really NOT a big fucking deal to someone who has graduated from college and has a decent job.

As far as how my body survives it, Brad - like I said, I actually LOSE WEIGHT with Chipotle in my diet, because if you order the right thing, you can get a damn good meal for about 600-700 calories, and not too many grams of fat or carbs - plus, the meat and beans provide a good source of protein for training. Seriously - it's like some of the best "fast food" you can possibly eat if you choose wisely. (FYI, Subway is a decent "second choice" that I do make occasionally.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post

Nat, dude there is more food out there than Chipotle. Besides, don't they have any good Mexican restaurants hiding in stripmalls up north?
See above response explaining the choice of Chipotle over other fast food joints. I often find myself needing to make a fast food choice, and in my mind it will almost always be Chipotle unless something better comes along.

Plus, it is THE FOOD OF THE FUCKING GODS, so you just shut it.

...and as far as whether or not there are good Mexican places up north or however you put it...yes. Nuevo Acapulco, Mi Pueblo and Luchita's are all quite good, but the question is rather moot because it's not generally good Mexican food that I'm seeking, it's a healthy fast food choice - and Chipotle is it, man.

All that, and I am enjoying my newly-established meme, so I'll keep eating it and posting about it like a motherfucker, thank you very little.

Quote:
Homemade lasagna from the mother! Fuck, so goddamn good. Gonna miss that stuff when I leave for Chicago...
I'm pretty sure she would prefer if you'd refer to her as just "Mom".

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I'm pretty sure she would prefer if you'd refer to her as just "Mom".
Actually, if I did call her 'mother', she would be so flattered I would probably get my laundry done for me or something!

And just curious Nat (I don't know if you said this before), but what meat do you prefer there? I always get the steak, and can't deviate.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Actually, if I did call her 'mother', she would be so flattered I would probably get my laundry done for me or something!

And just curious Nat (I don't know if you said this before), but what meat do you prefer there? I always get the steak, and can't deviate.
Chicken, usually. It's the healthiest, but by a smaller margin than you might think. The steak is second healthiest, but to me it's a bit tough and has very little flavor. The pork is also awesome, and it's the third healthiest. Barbacoa is the least healthy of the four, but aside from the sodium content even that isn't too bad for you.

Taste-wise, barbacoa is the fucking bomb, so I get it once in a while for the hell of it. If I had your metabolism, I would probably get it every time.

The chicken is pretty awesome, though. I don't mind going that route most of the time one bit.

EDIT: There's a big difference between "mother" and "the mother" - that's what I was talking about.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Rats off to ya

Deep fried bananas
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Oh, and one more thing. For dinner tonight, I had

CHIPOTLE, BITCHES

Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Honestly, I got my combination for a burrito down so solidly at Chipotle that I'm too scared to deviate from it, and haven't in over a year. I had a bite of my friends Barbacoa last week and it just tasted... weird. Chicken sounds potentially good, though. I might actually risk it sometime for that.

EDIT: Jesus, by the time I finished writing this post Nat has already posted ANOTHER Chipotle update.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
#Controversial

Had burgers for dinner. Put grilled zucchini, sriracha, and mayo on one. Shit was bomb, yo.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Good old Pepperoni Pizza for me