Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Roadrunner. I would guarantee, since Mike isn't in the band, Roadrunner now have more control over the touring side of things.

It makes ALOT of sense, get an incredibly fashionable younger band into bigger venues with an all new audience, and get an older band a bunch of new kids to play to. Both are releasing new albums, as such both fanbases will be incredibly eager to see them live.
This

Also years ago I talked to Matt at a show and he said DT was one of their top choices for a tour

and I think Mike wasn't a factor, he was the one getting more metal bands on their tours in recent years(which was better exposure for them)
Old 07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Was it worth it?

I like this pairing... Since I missed dream theater last time they came (which pissed me off!) And triviums probably one of my favorite bands, I might check this out.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Master's Apprentice

The actual shows will just be too much of a mix. I saw DT on Prog Nation couple years ago and the crowd was full of older people. I get the whole idea of opening to a new fan base, it just won't flow very well, everything I have said is obvious but it just boggles my mind
Old 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Meh.

Quote:
It makes ALOT of sense, get an incredibly fashionable younger band into bigger venues with an all new audience, and get an older band a bunch of new kids to play to. Both are releasing new albums, as such both fanbases will be incredibly eager to see them live.
I get what you're saying, but I mean, do you really think most DT fans are going to enjoy Trivium? It might work the other way, which is probably how it'll work out, but I don't think it'll be that successful. Plus if Trivium has a new album I would assume they'd want their own headlining tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard_Of_Bodom View Post
I get the whole idea of opening to a new fan base, it just won't flow very well, everything I have said is obvious but it just boggles my mind
This.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post
I get what you're saying, but I mean, do you really think most DT fans are going to enjoy Trivium? It might work the other way, which is probably how it'll work out, but I don't think it'll be that successful. Plus if Trivium has a new album I would assume they'd want their own headlining tour.
Yeah, most Trivium fans probably have listened to Dream Theater at some point and loved them. Hell most metal fans in general have. Great band. But I can totally see how DT fans would hate Trivium.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

http://www.893wumd.org/inside_line.php

DT and Trivium in Boston on October 10th.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Roadrunner. I would guarantee, since Mike isn't in the band, Roadrunner now have more control over the touring side of things.

While i'm sure this tour would be good for the reasons you're saying, Trivium's been on bigger tours supporting bands that are bigger than Dream Theater in big arenas and amphitheatres and stuff.

Also, I think people make too big a deal of different types of bands touring together. I've been to a few shows where bands that would seem to have fanbases clash would tour together, only to see it working rather well. I remember when Manson and Slayer toured together in 2007, people were flipping out about the clash of their fanbases, but at the show I went to (at least on the lawn), the vast majority of people were into both bands. I mean, i'm sure if Slipknot/coheed and Cambria, Devildriver/Cancer Bats, and Korn/Evanescence pairings can work, then a Trivium/Dream Theater pairing can work.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:12 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

This isn't any more or less wierd than Black Label Society, Children of Bodom, and Clutch. I went to that show and it was plenty entertaining so may as well go to this one and see what happens.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanidiot777 View Post
This isn't any more or less wierd than Black Label Society, Children of Bodom, and Clutch. I went to that show and it was plenty entertaining so may as well go to this one and see what happens.
Disagree. Maybe because of Clutch, but I'd say BLS and Bodom definitely share some fans. Also, I don't think any of the fans of those bands despised the other bands on the bill for the most part, which I'm sure is going to be the case for DT fans on Trivium.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

September 24th - The Warfield, San Francisco CA

Dream Theater headlining.
3/15 Gogol Bordello