Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
CapnAwesome's Avatar
CapnAwesome CapnAwesome is offline
Swag 100,000
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 85
I've seen them play The Hive twice since 2008

How about Food For The Gods? or Gyroscope? Jotun? shit, anything but their new "staple" Whoracle song

(However I was lucky enough to see Morphing Into Primal during their Gigantour trek, now THAT was impressive)

And while Colony is one of my favorite IF songs, it seems to be the only song they play from that album besides Embody. Last time I checked you guys made a freakin' VIDEO for Ordinary Story, does that song not matter?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
I agree that it's a good song, but I don't think it comes across very well live. I'd much rather have something like Crawl Through Knives or Reflect the Storm from the Come Clarity album.
I'd kill to see that song performed live!
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
CapnAwesome's Avatar
CapnAwesome CapnAwesome is offline
Swag 100,000
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I'd kill to see that song performed live!
It was apparently played ONCE in the initial run for Come Clarity or SOTU 2006, can't remember, but it "didn't work well" for the band therefore you'll probably never hear that song, or any other song from CC other than the title track, Take this life, or Leeches, EVER AGAIN!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-12-2011, 11:47 AM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnAwesome View Post
but it "didn't work well"
Not sure why you put this in quotes. Sometimes, unfortunately, songs simply don't work in a live setting. As much as I'd love to hear certain songs live, I'd rather bands keep those that don't work out of the set, as opposed to leaving them in for what seems like an eternity. Come Clarity is a fine example, and I've always thought Nothing Else Matters isn't exactly a live gem...though it's nice to see Metallica's finally taken it out for the last few Big 4 shows.
__________________
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
CapnAwesome's Avatar
CapnAwesome CapnAwesome is offline
Swag 100,000
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
Not sure why you put this in quotes. Sometimes, unfortunately, songs simply don't work in a live setting. As much as I'd love to hear certain songs live, I'd rather bands keep those that don't work out of the set, as opposed to leaving them in for what seems like an eternity. Come Clarity is a fine example, and I've always thought Nothing Else Matters isn't exactly a live gem...though it's nice to see Metallica's finally taken it out for the last few Big 4 shows.
I put that in quotes because I remember watching/reading an interview with Anders where he stated in those exact words that that was the reason they didn't play that song

In a recent interview with metalsucks, Bjorn talked about how they didn't think the Jester Race material worked well live, and to each his own, but god dammit they need to play material from this album as it was one of their benchmark releases
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnAwesome View Post
I put that in quotes because I remember watching/reading an interview with Anders where he stated in those exact words that that was the reason they didn't play that song

In a recent interview with metalsucks, Bjorn talked about how they didn't think the Jester Race material worked well live, and to each his own, but god dammit they need to play material from this album as it was one of their benchmark releases
Gotcha.

The last couple of times I've seen them, they played (each at a separate show, of course) Graveland and a medley, which consisted of Dead God in Me, The Jester Race, and Behind Space. I agree, though, that it'd definitely be nice to hear something like December Flower, Wayfaerer, or Dead Eternity.
__________________
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
zerkz zerkz is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South of Pittsburgh PA.
Posts: 158
I wouldn't count on December Flower or Dead Eternity ever. December Flower has a solo that wasn't even by them (and they skipped it last time they played live), and Dead Eternity probably doesn't work so great due to the guitar layering.

As for the other, it'd be cool, but the only time ive heard of In Flames doing an instrumental is Pallar Anders Visa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT--BP7P1hI
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerkz View Post
I wouldn't count on December Flower or Dead Eternity ever.
Definitely not counting on anything. Actually, I'd rather see more stuff from Colony. Ordinary Story and Coerced Coexistence would be THE SHIT.
__________________
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
CapnAwesome's Avatar
CapnAwesome CapnAwesome is offline
Swag 100,000
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 85
I wish they would just spark up the variety, they've played Trigger, Cloud Connected, and System TO DEATH. Even though I love all of those R2R songs, the album is subtitled FOURTEEN songs of conscious insanity, not THREE
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnAwesome View Post
It was apparently played ONCE in the initial run for Come Clarity or SOTU 2006, can't remember, but it "didn't work well" for the band therefore you'll probably never hear that song, or any other song from CC other than the title track, Take this life, or Leeches, EVER AGAIN!
I fucking knew it! I didn't want to say anything until I saw this. I was actually at the very show it was played at! My dad and I were there! It was the Minnesota SOTU August 5th, 2006 show. We had never heard In Flames in our lives up until seeing that show and they completely blew us away. Well, there was one song in particular that we went nuts over so as soon as we got home, we looked them up and checked out some of their songs. Well, one of them happened to be Reflect The Storm and as soon as that song came on, we thought OMG! that's the song they just played at the concert! I would kill to get a bootleg of that show or at least the performance of that song!
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in flames

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008