Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,359
vote for A7X's Uproar set(obscure as possible please)

http://on.fb.me/rhtiWS


its chock full of idiots picking the same songs theyve played for the past year(and in some cases longer)
__________________
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is online now
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
I voted as if I was seeing them, and yes, it looks like they are being cornered into a very standard setlist. I wish these kids realised how much of an opportunity they have here, to hear actual deep cuts from this bands catalogue live, probably for the last time for years to come.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is online now
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,938
Kids don't even listen to full albums. They don't know those songs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Kids don't even listen to full albums. They don't know those songs.
I know and its aggrivating, theyve even included their album of B Sides(meaning this could go REAL obscure) and these idiots are yammering about how they have to play "Unholy Confessions"(which they have played at every fucking show since 2003)
__________________
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is online now
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
I know and its aggrivating, theyve even included their album of B Sides(meaning this could go REAL obscure) and these idiots are yammering about how they have to play "Unholy Confessions"(which they have played at every fucking show since 2003)
The only song that isn't on that list is their recent Mouth For War cover. Whats worse is, at least half of Avenged's fanbase KNOW all of those songs inside and out, its just its the annoying 14 year olds holding the majority of the vote. Such a shame, I really like Avenged Sevenfold, and I would love to see them do a 2 hour set of these obscurities.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
The only song that isn't on that list is their recent Mouth For War cover. Whats worse is, at least half of Avenged's fanbase KNOW all of those songs inside and out, its just its the annoying 14 year olds holding the majority of the vote. Such a shame, I really like Avenged Sevenfold, and I would love to see them do a 2 hour set of these obscurities.
well being Uproar itll only be an hour(20 songs will get picked but only 10 played each show)

its once again just a shame a great opportunity is ruined
__________________
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Ape's Avatar
Ape Ape is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 151
Can I just request waking the fallen in full?Lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Addicted2metal Addicted2metal is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 140
I would wanna hear "I Won't See You Tonight part 1" I can't even remember the last time they played that song live.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,579
I atleast did my part in trying to get I Won't See You Tonight in there. I'll wait & see how this goes before deciding on this. The question is can Shadows actually do the old songs and make them sound good seeing that's kinda why they went hard rock from metalcore bc of his voice?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Ape's Avatar
Ape Ape is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I atleast did my part in trying to get I Won't See You Tonight in there. I'll wait & see how this goes before deciding on this. The question is can Shadows actually do the old songs and make them sound good seeing that's kinda why they went hard rock from metalcore bc of his voice?
I've seen them a bunch of times starting in 03. From 05 until 09 his voice was iffy but he seemed to be in good form on the 3 waking the fallen songs they played. Also there is some harsh vocals on the new album that also sounded good live so I don't see a problem in them doing older songs. I wouldn't expect anything off sounding the seventh trumpet though. Even early on right after waking the fallen you barely got any of those songs in the set.

Last time I saw I won't see you tonight was in 05
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008