Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Sacred Reich -- Chicago, IL -- June 28th, 2011

Just got back from Sacred Reich's only U.S. show this year, and their first show in Chicago in 16 years. This is a definite candidate for show of the year for me (excluding Maryland Deathfest).

Cross Examination was up first, and a LOT of people in Chicago love them. I've seen them before so I knew what to expect. And of course, they didn't let anyone down. All the band members love to have fun and incorporate that with their live shows. The singer actually told the band to play an instrumental intro (might've been off The Hung Jury EP, not sure) while he went to get more beer! I don't have a set list for them since I'm not way too familiar with their material.

Also, AT&T's employees are just as incompetent as the service itself. My sister had gone to fix her phone since she had a faulty one, and while adjusting the SIM card they managed to fuck with the SIM cards for mine and my family's phones as well. I usually take down the set lists on my phone but since I couldn't do shit with it, I didn't bring it in. I got the upcoming Sacred Reich set from my friend who took the actual set list from the stage.

Moving on, Jungle Rot was next and I wasn't excited for them really, but they actually put on a great show. Their stage presence reminded me of Immolation's live show for some reason. I'm not familiar with their material at all but I do believe they played a mix of old and new material. There was a breakdown they played that was funny as hell, as in it sounded like a generic deathcore breakdown. But other than that I really liked what I heard and I'm gonna be checking out their material.

After 20 years, you'd think that some bands can't put on a good show anymore (COUGH CORONER COUGH) but Sacred Reich proved that wrong tonight. The energy and stage presence they had was phenomenal.

The frontman interacted with us a lot. He was telling us about how they wanted to go to Kuma's Corner (restaurant with a metal theme, the burgers are AMAZING and named after bands. I was actually the first one to recommend it to them when they asked about food in Chicago ) but couldn't get a way there since it was way too complicated from where they were. So they call up the place and ended up telling them that they were Sacred Reich, so they got someone to pick them up and drive them to Kuma's! They said that Kuma's has delivered to Slayer before, but to give Sacred Reich a ride there is awesome! Some guy shouted "SHUT UP AND PLAY" in the middle of his story and the singer bitched him out so bad, it was great!

The crowd definitely appreciated them, as much as Sacred Reich appreciated us. I'm very glad that they chose Chicago to have their only U.S. show here. Before War Pigs, they played the intros to Paranoid and Sweet Leaf too.

Sacred Reich set list:

The American Way
Love... Hate
One Nation
Independent
Violent Solutions
Administrative Decisions
Free
State of Emergency
Crimes Against Humanity
Who's to Blame
I Don't Know
Ignorance
War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover)
Death Squad
-------
Surf Nicaragua

Overall, this show is definitely one of the best I've been to. Not just this year, but all of the shows I've been to in my life so far.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:02 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Sounds pretty sick! You know, after living in Chicago for over a year, I still have yet to go to Kuma's...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Sounds pretty sick! You know, after living in Chicago for over a year, I still have yet to go to Kuma's...
And you said you were right by the Vic Theater too? Uh you do know you're pretty much walking distance from Kuma's, right?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 AM
N00B

Good review.
I only saw Sacred Reich once, but that was over 20 years ago!!!

The lineup was:
SEPULTURA / SACRED REICH / NAPALM DEATH / SICK OF IT ALL

Yeah, I am still curious why they chose Chicago on a Tuesday night for this.

What was the turnout?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
And you said you were right by the Vic Theater too? Uh you do know you're pretty much walking distance from Kuma's, right?
Kuma's is right off the Belmont stop? I did not know this! Hot damn!

I live right off of The Fullerton stop when I'm in Chicago.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Good review.

The lineup was:

What was the turnout?
Turnout was good. Phil said something about them originally saying they wanted to do it on a Saturday but they had to do it on a Tuesday. Either way, great fucking show.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Good review.

The lineup was:

What was the turnout?
As Brian said the turnout was awesome. I was at TGI Fridays before and there's a waiter there that my family knows who's big into metal and had been going to shows way back in the day. He said he saw Sacred Reich with Death before...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
N00B

Phil did a bunch of talking to the fans- he made some nice remarks to those yelling such as:

"I don't come to your job and tell you how to flip burgers."- in response to someone yelling for a song that I can't remember.

Also, made some dude apologize for saying "Fuck off or fuck them" about Wiley's family who were in the audience. Not a nice thing to do if you call yourself a fan of this band.

Band is still tight and their playing was on point. The reality is that Sacred Reich is a job for these guys now- that's why they only play a few times a year. They all have lives that prevent them from touring non stop, and most likely, they don't want to go through that grind anymore. They've done it and can still claim legions of fans.

Another great show at Reggie's - even if there is not a show, always a great place to hang, have great food and beer.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk@kcore View Post
"I don't come to your job and tell you how to flip burgers."- in response to someone yelling for a song that I can't remember.
That was the guy who said "shut up and play" when he was talking about Kuma's.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Kuma's is right off the Belmont stop? I did not know this! Hot damn!

I live right off of The Fullerton stop when I'm in Chicago.
Actually, your going to need a bus get there, it will take at least a 25 minutes or more by foot.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park

Tags
jungle rot, sacred reich