9. Emaciate
    ---
  10. We Bleed
  11. Phobophile

From a user of another forum.

Here is a review by another attendee:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoz
okay, just got back from probably the first or second cryptopsy show with JON back in the band

he didnt miss a beat

they played a pretty much completely oldschool set, nothing from unspoken king [CORRECTION: "Worship Your Demons" was played], 1 from once was not and 1 from and then you'll beg. but mostly the first 3 albums, we got benedictine convulsions and slit your guts added back to their setlist after years.

i have to say, matt has SIGNIFICANTLY improved. i had a chance to have a good chat with Youri and he said he kinda coached him and moved him vocally in a direction that seriously holds it own against Lord Worm (pbuh). no more core screaming and singing, he did a GREAT job with his deep growls and zombie shrieks. Youri is beasting it with the backing vocals, he did the legendary endinng Convulsions scream for like 35 seconds because (in his words) Flo decided to do a slower breakdown during it, he wanted to punch Flo in the mouth after haha

chatted about future direction, said Jon came to the table with 4 songs done and him and Youri bounced ideas back and forth and added to them. says jon has been away for some time so he fell in love with death metal again and as jon isnt used to youri's playing their chemistry is superb at the moment they both are challenging each other creatively and their energy to write is producing quality material, he said they are planning an 8 song album (akin to classic death metal albums) and got 5 songs done already. 3 song ep will be out soon and it will be the last century media release before they go independent.

youri said he hated the deathcore stuff, as the album was already written before he joined, says hes pumped as an oldschool fan to go forward in a direction thats more rooted in classic cryptopsy

best part of the shows was that Matt put the microphone into my face a bunch of times so i can HURGH URGH HURGH to the NSV songs. amazing
Here is a video of them playing "Slit Your Guts" from the show, and Matt actually does sound really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhrFnpzEUk

When reading about them planning to record a new album, I really didn't expect much. I figured that the band would once again fail miserably, but hopefully not as bad as the last time. However, after reading this review I am thinking there may be hope that Cryptopsy will make a comeback. I'm not expecting an incredible album, but if they at least pull out something decent it will be a huge step in the right direction, and perhaps they will regain a fair amount of the fans that have abandoned them. Part of me wants to get excited about this, but the other part is still very wary.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

I say bring DiSalvo back.

EDIT: No disrespect to the new guy, at least if he finally learned how to do his job right.

I've just been saying that ever since DiSalvo left.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity

Last edited by Epidemic Reign; 06-23-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I'd go see Cryptopsy purely on the grounds that I love their first few albums so much, but I wouldn't hide the painful expression on my face as they played Unspoken King material.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post

EDIT: No disrespect to the new guy, at least if he finally learned how to do his job right.

>he doesn't want Lord Worm back
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I was never big on Lord Worm to be honest, I really love the "None So Live" album. Cant remember who does vocals on that but he's pretty solid id say.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
I was never big on Lord Worm to be honest, I really love the "None So Live" album. Cant remember who does vocals on that but he's pretty solid id say.
Lacroix IIRC. This is good news, this was exactly what I hoped would happen when Jon rejoined. I hope their next album is good, and also hope that other bands who have made a bit of a detour (*cough*Morbid Angel*cough*) can get back on track.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissimulate View Post
Lacroix IIRC. This is good news, this was exactly what I hoped would happen when Jon rejoined. I hope their next album is good, and also hope that other bands who have made a bit of a detour (*cough*Morbid Angel*cough*) can get back on track.
Yeah him and the new guy Youri are really getting them back on track. Hopefully they can tour again, that video was a sick as hell performance!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
I have a hard time listening to any Cryptopsy without Lord Worm. I'll give the new one a shot though, albeit with a very short leash.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with Worm's delivery on Once Was Not. Fantastic album IMO, but I could have done without those vocals.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post

I liked DiSalvo. But it's great to see that their new lead singer sounds good live.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm

Tags
cryptopsy