King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Troo Methulfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Oh hell I don't actually know. I thought it was implied it was Kreator. Disturbed makes more sense. Bigger name plus I know how bent out of shape Draimain got even with Lemmy and his nazi paraphernalia. I'd have a hard time thinking Kreator would have the influence to get someone kicked off a festival. But I could be wrong.
Lemmy is not a nazi, just a collector. People should stop seeing people who are interested in WO II as neo-nazis, faciscts and whatever.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Lemmy is not a nazi, just a collector. People should stop seeing people who are interested in WO II as neo-nazis, faciscts and whatever.
You gotta admit that it is a little weird to collect Nazi stuff. It's got too much of a connotation for him to be let of free for purchasing it.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You gotta admit that it is a little weird to collect Nazi stuff. It's got too much of a connotation for him to be let of free for purchasing it.
Why is it weird? It's an important part of history and it can be very fascinating. I had a teacher who admitted to having a Nazi flag in his office at home, as well as an original Confederate flag. He collected those flags due to their historical importance, not because he believes in what they symbolize.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Why is it weird? It's an important part of history and it can be very fascinating. I had a teacher who admitted to having a Nazi flag in his office at home, as well as an original Confederate flag. He collected those flags due to their historical importance, not because he believes in what they symbolize.
What if I collected KKK memorabilia for it's "historical value"? When is it ok or unacceptable?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
What if I collected KKK memorabilia for it's "historical value"? When is it ok or unacceptable?
I'll repeat myself here: I see no problem with collecting said artifacts if you are not emulating what they represent. Should we erase any remnants of the holocaust because it was a terrible event? Maybe I just value history more than you do, but I think we need to preserve all of our past, good and bad.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'll repeat myself here: I see no problem with collecting said artifacts if you are not emulating what they represent. Should we erase any remnants of the holocaust because it was a terrible event? Maybe I just value history more than you do, but I think we need to preserve all of our past, good and bad.
Just because you see no problem with it doesn't mean other people will. A person can go out and collect Nazi artifacts and view it from the angle you present, but there are always gonna be people who view the opposite and find it inappropriate. By all means, the person should continue his/her collecting since they have every right to, but accept the fact that they're going to get criticized because of it.

Look, I absolutely love history and learning about it, but there are some things that are just more appropriate in museums rather than private collections. It's important to remember the good and bad as you said, but who is remembering it if you're hoarding it in your house? Only you. There's a fine line between displaying something in rememberance and to teach others versus keeping it for personal enjoyment or preference.

Personally, if someone has an obsession with Nazi atrifacts, I see them as being somewhat apathetic to the whole holocaust issue. But that's just me. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Just because you see no problem with it doesn't mean other people will. A person can go out and collect Nazi artifacts and view it from the angle you present, but there are always gonna be people who view the opposite and find it inappropriate. By all means, the person should continue his/her collecting since they have every right to, but accept the fact that they're going to get criticized because of it.

Look, I absolutely love history and learning about it, but there are some things that are just more appropriate in museums rather than private collections. It's important to remember the good and bad as you said, but who is remembering it if you're hoarding it in your house? Only you. There's a fine line between displaying something in rememberance and to teach others versus keeping it for personal enjoyment or preference.

Personally, if someone has an obsession with Nazi atrifacts, I see them as being somewhat apathetic to the whole holocaust issue. But that's just me. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this topic.
I was about to say exactly this. I love history too, and these artifacts should absolutely be preserved, no question about it. But if an individual person is only collecting Nazi artifacts, it can come off as pretty strange. I'm not saying that the guy is necesarily a Nazi or sympathetic to their cause, he may just be especially interested in that era of history, but like I said, it's kinda weird. Either way, people will question his motives.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
not the mama

A movie where The Holocaust or the KKK were kept hidden from existence by the government would be interesting
Old 06-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Coroner
Golden Cashmere, pt.I
Internal Conflicts
Masked Jackal
Metamorphosis
D.O.A.
Semtex Revolution
No Need to Be Human
Divine Step
Grin
Reborn Through Hate
whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywh ywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhyw hywhywhywhywhy
Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Wine, you better hit up the Holocaust Museum when you get to D.C.

Tags
alter bridge, black label society, dark tranquillity, destruction, hammerfall, judas priest, kreator, malevolent creation, mayhem, orphaned land, pain of salvation, scorpions, sodom, suicide silence, the haunted, the melvins, the stooges, thin lizzy