Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

New Suicide Silence Album - "The Black Crown" July 13th

KORN singer Jonathan Davis and SUFFOCATION frontman Frank Mullen will make guest appearances on "The Black Crown", the new album from California deathcore masters SUICIDE SILENCE. The CD was recorded with heavyweight producer Steve Evetts (THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, EVERY TIME I DIE, HATEBREED) and will be released on July 12 via Century Media Records.

"The Black Crown" track listing:

01. Slaves To Substance
02. O.C.D.
03. Human Violence
04. You Only Live Once
05. Fuck Everything
06. March To The Black Crown
07. Witness The Addiction (feat. Jonathan Davis)
08. Cross-Eyed Catastrophe
09. Smashed (feat. Frank Mullen)
10. The Only Thing That Sets Us Apart
11. Cancerous Skies

SUICIDE SILENCE began filming a video for the song "You Only Live Once" on Sunday, June 5. Vocalist Mitch Lucker commented, "This music video is going to be fucking insane!"

The cover artwork for "The Black Crown" was created by the Delaware-based freelance graphic designer and illustrator Ken "K3N" Adams, who has previously worked with LAMB OF GOD.

"'The Black Crown' is our most mature, well-produced, and well-written record as a band," Lucker told AOL's Noisecreep. "People should come see us play songs from it live on [this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink] Mayhem [Festival] this summer, or buy it when it comes out!"

Lucker also revealed that "The Black Crown" will be SUICIDE SILENCE's third and final release for longtime label Century Media Records. Lucker noted that the band will be free agents after the release of this album.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=159078
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
How're yeh?

I wonder how many people will forget Suffocation ever existed after this.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
I wonder how many people will forget Suffocation ever existed after this.
I'm won't be surprised if Davis' appearance goes without consequence, especially after 'Get Up' with Skrillex, but Frank will definitely get backlash for this. Nobody plays with one of deathcore's most hyped bands and gets away with it.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 AM
N00B

Hearing the new songs, they are some of the worst songs they've ever made.
And this is coming from the guy who tolerated their past 2 albums well.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Hearing the new songs, they are some of the worst songs they've ever made.
And this is coming from the guy who tolerated their past 2 albums well.
Well, Mitch Lucker says differently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
"'The Black Crown' is our most mature, well-produced, and well-written record as a band."
The only experience I have with Suicide Silence is a really, really bad show (my worst, actually) and a few listens of their 'hits'. It's all chug-chug-chug deathcore - the kind I don't like. I'll listen to After the Burial, All Shall Perish, Despised Icon, and even Bring Me The Horizon with pleasure, but Suicide Silence is just generic, boring, primitive deathcore. It's embarassing to metal. Some here will argue that because they're shit, I shouldn't have posted this, but either way, whether we like them or not, they're metal, so it's relevant.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 09:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Well, Mitch Lucker says differently:

The only experience I have with Suicide Silence is a really, really bad show (my worst, actually) and a few listens of their 'hits'. It's all chug-chug-chug deathcore - the kind I don't like. I'll listen to After the Burial, All Shall Perish, Despised Icon, and even Bring Me The Horizon with pleasure, but Suicide Silence is just generic, boring, primitive deathcore. It's embarassing to metal. Some here will argue that because they're shit, I shouldn't have posted this, but either way, whether we like them or not, they're metal, so it's relevant.
I guess I'm one of the people that just doesn't see what's so awful about Suicide Silence live. I mean they weren't great, but they didnt suck. I've seen much worse. I guess I don't mind Deathcore as much people do. They are generic and primitive Deathcore, but the only embarrassing part is most of their disturbingly large fan base is filled with kids who think Suicide Silence is the best band of the past 10 years. Sadly, those are most of the "metal heads" around where I live, all deathcore fanatics.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I guess I'm one of the people that just doesn't see what's so awful about Suicide Silence live. I mean they weren't great, but they didnt suck. I've seen much worse. I guess I don't mind Deathcore as much people do. They are generic and primitive Deathcore, but the only embarrassing part is most of their disturbingly large fan base is filled with kids who think Suicide Silence is the best band of the past 10 years. Sadly, those are most of the "metal heads" around where I live, all deathcore fanatics.
The Moscow metal scene almost never overlaps unless it's an obvious scenario like metalcore-kids showing up at deathcore shows, vice versa. In a way, it makes the live experience better for the true fans, but you could also say that it's a bit close-minded of the scene too.

When I saw them, it was all bad. The band, the crowd, the sound, the vibe, the support. I mean, I paid for my ticket that show (reluctantly). I gave them a chance, and they blew it. If they would've played a good show for me, I would've listened to them at home and who knows what would've gone on from that point on, but they fucking blew it. Plain and simple.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 AM

During their cover of Engine No. 9, somebody from the front rows pulled Lucker into the crowd, and Lucker spit in his face as soon as he got back up.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
N00B

Quote:
The Moscow metal scene almost never overlaps unless it's an obvious scenario like metalcore-kids showing up at deathcore shows, vice versa. In a way, it makes the live experience better for the true fans, but you could also say that it's a bit close-minded of the scene too.

When I saw them, it was all bad. The band, the crowd, the sound, the vibe, the support. I mean, I paid for my ticket that show (reluctantly). I gave them a chance, and they blew it. If they would've played a good show for me, I would've listened to them at home and who knows what would've gone on from that point on, but they fucking blew it. Plain and simple.
Ah I know the feeling. I feel the way with Black Tide. I don't care if their old stuff or new stuff is good. I saw them live and it was one of the worst experiences either.

Quote:
During their cover of Engine No. 9, somebody from the front rows pulled Lucker into the crowd, and Lucker spit in his face as soon as he got back up.
1. I can't stand that cover. Deftones is one of my favorite bands and that cover pisses me off
2. Mitch seems nice in interviews and videos and stuff but when I met him he seemed like a dick.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

FRANK THE TANK WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!