Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk-- Norrköping, Sweden--December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 AM
N00B

I rather enjoy The Contortionist, a lot. I also love Periphery and THA, Textures is pretty good too. So I'll be at this tour no matter what.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
I know, right?!?!?!?! deathcore bands ruin all tours.
GTFO.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

The Contortionist may be deathcore, but they actually have talent and write memorable songs. I just hate deathcore like Suicide Silence and Rose Funeral, where the breakdowns are the focus of the song.

Quote:
I know, right?!?!?!?! deathcore bands ruin all tours.
Rose Funeral seem to have a bad habit of popping up on tours where they know they will be negatively recieved. They were the single blemish on the Decibel Monsters of Death Tour and the first leg of Nile's Those Whom the Gods Detest Tour. They were completely out of place.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
they have non-deathcore parts, but they still have that shit-stained deathcore sound.
I fucking you
Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Sorry to anyone who likes them, but The Contortionist IS deathcore. they have non-deathcore parts, but they still have that shit-stained deathcore sound as well.
This is very true and anybody who thinks otherwise is in denial. I enjoy some of their work, but yes, they are definitely deathcore.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Meh.

Quote:
hxc kids that follow deathcore bands ruin all tours.
Fixed.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

I recall how at a Meshuggah show, I saw this one hxc kid trying to start a slam dance with other people, but they weren't getting into it. He got frustrated, and began taking it out on the people watching the band instead of moshing (including me), so I walked over and told him, quite bluntly "Son, if you do one more round of ballet near my head, I will fucking kick your ass on the spot, with the rest of the crowd helping me out. Nothing personal."

He stopped.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
That Guy

Wow Kommie, I didn't think I'd find anyone here who hates Deathcore more then I do.

AnataFan4Life said it best, I hate straight up Deathcore. Fuck I'm a drummer and I know dick about guitar, but in 15 minutes I can write a whole deathcore album on guitar because I can hit open note chords, close my left hand whenever I feel like it and can palm mute the guitar. All things anyone here can manage in 15 minutes time if not shorter because you ae not leaning chords or notes, it's just opening and closing your left hand.

But I digress, I like when a band can take the deathcore sound and make it better. Yes, the Contortionist has a lot of deathcore to their sound, but they are losing it with every album they release, which I appreciate because I know that they can write better material, and they are. Look at All Shall Perish. They are considered Deathcore as well, but they are so much more then that. Suicide Silence, all they can do is Deathcore, and it blows balls. At least The Contortionist are making a shitty genre on it's own something that is worth listening to.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post
Fixed.
I gotta agree with this. It's alright if you don't dig deathcore musically; I can see it's simplicity and unoriginality. But what really grinds peoples gears are those kids. It's really, really annoying.

I mean, hardcore dancing is called hardcore dancing for a reason. It's for hardcore. Fuck kids these days.

And I consider the Contortionist "progressive" deathcore. Exoplanet began moving away from the breakdown-y stuff, I'm confident their next album will continue that trend. Even if you don't like deathcore, listen to the first minute of "Contact"- it's really, really beautiful.

And I still like shitty deathcore, MPF
Old 06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
It makes sense to me that Textures would tour with this lineup. A band like Periphery will help Textures get a bigger audience in America, similar to how Suffocation helped Fleshgod Apocalypse get a bigger audience in America.
I'm not going to say that they don't fit with the line-up or that this tour won't help them get bigger. I'm just saying that I don't enjoy listening to the other bands.