Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
No you're juvenile for purposely trying to stir shit up. You've been around here long enough to know that 90 percent of this board worships Maiden. So to try and egg on the majority of the board with a comment like that is dumb and a battle you wouldn't win if every Maiden fan here took you to task on it. But honestly, it's not worth the headache. So let's move on.
Point taken, but I'm pretty sure that's not why he was calling me juvenile.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalEmperor View Post
Those were the first two Priest tours for me as well. I believe Raven opened the "Turbo" tour and Slayer opened the "Ram It Down" tour - or was it the other way around? Long time ago...

For me: Priest over Maiden, and it isn't close...
Priest over Maiden for sure. I've seen them both about 5 times and Priest has never put on a bad show. Conversely, Maiden has put on a couple of lackluster efforts that either had me bored or leaving early (which only happens if a band truly puts out a shit effort). ImmortalEmperor and I saw Maiden together on World Slavery(which is still one of my all time favorite shows), Somewhere on Tour and whatever the fuck Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour was called. SSoaSS was the show we walked out on basically because they were all flash and not a whole lot of substance - they had no stage set because their semi hauling the stage had turned-over in the desert. This shouldn't have neccesarily been a killer but the sound was atrocious and they completely half-assed it. So we blew out of there truly disappointed in the boys.
Priest has kicked ass Every. Single. Time. But to each their own.

And it was Slayer on Ram it Down.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemor View Post
Priest over Maiden for sure. I've seen them both about 5 times and Priest has never put on a bad show. Conversely, Maiden has put on a couple of lackluster efforts that either had me bored or leaving early (which only happens if a band truly puts out a shit effort). ImmortalEmperor and I saw Maiden together on World Slavery(which is still one of my all time favorite shows), Somewhere on Tour and whatever the fuck Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour was called. SSoaSS was the show we walked out on basically because they were all flash and not a whole lot of substance - they had no stage set because their semi hauling the stage had turned-over in the desert. This shouldn't have neccesarily been a killer but the sound was atrocious and they completely half-assed it. So we blew out of there truly disappointed in the boys.
Priest has kicked ass Every. Single. Time. But to each their own.

And it was Slayer on Ram it Down.
Ya know I was just thinking I also saw Maiden with Blaze and Priest with Ripper and Priest totally smoked them. Maiden with Blaze was terrible live and played way too much stuff of that era of albums. Priest with Ripper blew me away! I actually believe Ripper at that age did some songs better than Rob could have where as I would never say that about Blaze and Bruce I don't think. To each his own like Blas says but that's certainly something else to consider.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I like better the last few posts with arguments and explanations than the

PRIEST >>>> MAIDEN or the other way around for that matterwould not be better. Just come up with reasons for your opinions is all I ask.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Maiden fucking DESTROYS Priest.
It's not even a fair comparison.
Fuck ya'll
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
somebody somewhere

I have seen Maiden six times and Priest around four,seems like more.Priest is more consistent live,they sound great every time,and they are always tight.Maiden is inconsistent,not always sounding good.Just my honest opinion,not trying to start anything on here.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:07 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
Good set list for the time. Blood Red Skies would have been better than Heavy Metal.

That tour was also the second time I saw JP as well. The first was the summer of '86. Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX. Also happened to be when and where they recorded Priest Live!.
I loooove Blood Red Skies

Tags
judas priest