9. Christploitation
10. Martyr
11. Scapegoat
12. Demanufacture
13. Self Bias Resistor
14. Zero Signal
15. H-K (Hunter-Killer)
16. Replica

This was my second time seeing Fear Factory but it was a much better experience this time around. The first time we saw them at California Metalfest last year but it felt like people weren't there to see them at that show. This time everyone was there to see Fear Factory of course. Everyone was singing along and going crazy. There was very little space between the stage and the crowd so Burton and Dino were right up in everyone's faces all night, with Burton sticking the mic into the crowd.

Gene was great behind the kit as always, and there was a cool moment after Christploitation where he jammed his drumsticks into the ceiling, then pulled them out and formed a cross with them, and slowly lowered the horizontal stick to invert it.

Dino and Burt had some interesting banter in between songs. Burt declared San Bernardino as "San Burt-and-Dino".

This one is up there with the rest of the great performances I've seen. These small club shows are always an amazing experience because of how up close and personal they are. The only thing that was missing was the crowd surfing and stage diving that you get at places like the Chain Reaction.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM
N00B

all that needs to be said about this is GENE HOGLAN!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Damn, I'm behind on times. I did not know Gene was playing drums for FF, that would be awesome to see!
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Glad someone went to this tour as well. I wanted to do a review for this from Tulsa. Just never got around to it. Glad you filled in 2-3 blanks for me as well. Mine was also a small club they played as well. One of the best shows I've seen this year. I was fortunate that because this got rescheduled from back in January I got to do a meet and greet with them before the show!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Damn, I'm behind on times. I did not know Gene was playing drums for FF, that would be awesome to see!
Seriously? He's on Mechanize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
This one is up there with the rest of the great performances I've seen. These small club shows are always an amazing experience because of how up close and personal they are. The only thing that was missing was the crowd surfing and stage diving that you get at places like the Chain Reaction.

I'm quite jealous. Also, I'd kill to see them at Chain Reaction.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Oh I never really listened to FF. Just seeing Gene performing is awesome on its own. I guess I'll have to check out Mechanize now.
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM
N00B

sad that theyre down to playing such small venues now, but they still sound awesome from what ive seen over a year ago, and based on reviews like yours. great setlist too...hits all the big ones it needs to.
TBS/Used-4/21
Architects-5/5
Foals-5/6
Graveyard-5/11
Mastodon/Gojira-5/15
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post

I'm quite jealous. Also, I'd kill to see them at Chain Reaction.
Yeah it would be even better at the Chain Reaction. That's such a great venue.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Glad someone went to this tour as well. I wanted to do a review for this from Tulsa. Just never got around to it. Glad you filled in 2-3 blanks for me as well. Mine was also a small club they played as well. One of the best shows I've seen this year. I was fortunate that because this got rescheduled from back in January I got to do a meet and greet with them before the show!!!!
Yeah this one was postponed from January as well. We didn't get the meet and greet though because we were confused whether we got one or not with the tickets we ordered and whether it would be before or after the show, and we showed up in the middle of the 2nd local bands set. I would've liked to meet Gene.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:26 PM
N00B

I went to the first stop on the tour here in AZ. Great live show. People criticize Burton's vocals live (and rightfully so sometimes) but both times I've seen Fear Factory he's nailed his cleans! The venue was small as well with Dino and Burton's crotches in our faces all night long. Even got to see Tony Campos randomly play bass for a local band (after the show he admitted to playing basic notes, it was a last minute fill in! haha he's great).

FF was great as always and played a similar set to their last headlining tour. We paid for a VIP meet and greet but weren't allowed pictures. They told us we'd be able to meet them after the show. Well, that didn't happen so it was pretty shitty. Dino and Burton were nowhere to be found, we saw the bassist leave right after the show, but Gene f'n Hoglan came out and met everybody. It made buying VIP a waste but got a picture with the legend himself and really respect him for coming out when the rest of the band pretty much fucked the crowd. It's all good I'm sure they had reason but oh well no hard feelings!

Tags
fear factory