Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Gus and Apollo from Firewind each guested on two or three songs on Nightrage's new album, due out in September. So I'd expect guest appearances during their set on this tour.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
::Metal Nerd::

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Gus and Apollo from Firewind each guested on two or three songs on Nightrage's new album, due out in September. So I'd expect guest appearances during their set on this tour.
that would be sweet but this almost never happens except maybe once a tour
11/15 Priest Cover Band
11/21 Slipknot
11/22 Slayer
11/29 Cannabis Corpse
Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
That Guy

I just got on the guest list for this show in St. Paul, courtesy of Mr. Bill Hudson filling in on guitar for Nightrage on this tour.

Awww yeah!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
In Search of Truth

Bill Hudson is quite a character. Hung out with him a bit over the course of two days back in 2008. I had NO idea he was even doing anything these days. I can only assume he's filling in for Olof Morck?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Bill Hudson is quite a character. Hung out with him a bit over the course of two days back in 2008. I had NO idea he was even doing anything these days. I can only assume he's filling in for Olof Morck?
Yup. He is filling in for him. I think it's a visa problem.

But he wants to hang out before/after the show and get some drinks and shots. I'm not opposed to that at all. I feel pretty damn honored he wants to hang out with me. He's a hell of a guitarist.

We've been talking a lot lately about music and our projects and stuff. He's mainly doing session/touring guitar work lately as it pays better since he can learn very fast. He's interested in hearing my stuff as well. I don't expect anything to come out of that. I just think that's pretty damn cool.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I beleive he is filling in for him. I think it's a visa problem.

But he wants to hang out before/after the show and get some drinks and shots. I'm not opposed to that at all. I feel pretty damn honored he wants to hang out with me. He's a hell of a guitarist.

We've been talking a lot lately about music and our projects and stuff. He's mainly doing session/touring guitar work lately as it pays better since he can learn very fast. He's interested in hearing my stuff as well. I don't expect anything to come out of that. I just think that's pretty damn cool.
Yeah, wanting to get drinks/shots doesn't surprise me at all, his drinking is part of what made him so... interesting, haha. He is definitely a nice guy though, not holding anything against him whatsoever. Sadly I'll be passing on this tour though, the timing is just TERRIBLE for me. But I've seen Firewind three times at this point and White Wizzard just lost their good singer for the second time - so I guess I'll live.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Yeah, wanting to get drinks/shots doesn't surprise me at all, his drinking is part of what made him so... interesting, haha. He is definitely a nice guy though, not holding anything against him whatsoever. Sadly I'll be passing on this tour though, the timing is just TERRIBLE for me. But I've seen Firewind three times at this point and White Wizzard just lost their good singer for the second time - so I guess I'll live.
I was actually going to skip this as well since I'm seeing Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost on the 3rd, and now Devin Townsend on the 8th. But When Bill Hudson offers you a spot on the guest list I have a hard time turning that down. haha He seems like a cool dude. I'm surrounded by musicians who love to drink so that's ok with me. I'm only a social drinker. I only drink when I get invited to the bar, or when I'm in a cover band and beer is free. Otherwise I stick to water and soda.

I've yet to see any of the bands on the bill. I really want to meet Gus G because I was huge fan of him before he got to super stardom.

I didn't know White Wizzard lost their singer AGAIN! That really sucks. I hope that doesn't affect them too much live.

Last edited by MPF; 08-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I was actually going to skip this as well since I'm seeing Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost on the 3rd, and now Devin Townsend on the 8th. But When Bill Hudson offers you a spot on the guest list I have a hard time turning that down. haha He seems like a cool dude. I'm surrounded by musicians who love to drink so that's ok with me. I'm only a social drinker. I only drink when I get invited to the bar, or when I'm in a cover band and beer is free. Otherwise I stick to water and soda.

I've yet to see any of the bands on the bill. I really want to meet Gus G because I was huge fan of him before he got to super stardom.

I didn't know White Wizzard lost their singer AGAIN! That really sucks. I hope that doesn't affect them too much live.
Yeah, I've been a huge fan of Gus's for years - first heard of Firewind when Forged By Fire came out, been following him ever since. Saw them in 2007 on an off-date from their support tour with Sonata Arctica (I also saw them together), and the show was at this relatively small club - no more than 50 people were there for Firewind, it was incredibly sad. But they played their asses off, no question whatsoever, and as a thank you to those who were there, they all came out and hung out with us after the show for a pretty extensive period of time.

Hell of a show. That was the Allegiance tour, which is easily my favorite Firewind record. For me, I just have little interest seeing them again because I saw them at what I would consider their "best", playing their best songs. Unless they put out a new album that's outstanding, their shows are probably only going to keep getting more underwhelming for me.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Yeah, I've been a huge fan of Gus's for years - first heard of Firewind when Forged By Fire came out, been following him ever since. Saw them in 2007 on an off-date from their support tour with Sonata Arctica (I also saw them together), and the show was at this relatively small club - no more than 50 people were there for Firewind, it was incredibly sad. But they played their asses off, no question whatsoever, and as a thank you to those who were there, they all came out and hung out with us after the show for a pretty extensive period of time.

Hell of a show. That was the Allegiance tour, which is easily my favorite Firewind record. For me, I just have little interest seeing them again because I saw them at what I would consider their "best", playing their best songs. Unless they put out a new album that's outstanding, their shows are probably only going to keep getting more underwhelming for me.
That's pretty damn cool.

If I get my picture with him. I'm 6ft 4in. It will be a funny looking picture. haha
Old 08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
That's pretty damn cool.

If I get my picture with him. I'm 6ft 4in. It will be a funny looking picture. haha
I'm 6'3" so it should look more or less the same, haha.