Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,572
Gus and Apollo from Firewind each guested on two or three songs on Nightrage's new album, due out in September. So I'd expect guest appearances during their set on this tour.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
coltongsmith's Avatar
coltongsmith coltongsmith is offline
::Metal Nerd::
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gainesville, Georgia
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Gus and Apollo from Firewind each guested on two or three songs on Nightrage's new album, due out in September. So I'd expect guest appearances during their set on this tour.
that would be sweet but this almost never happens except maybe once a tour
__________________
10/28 Judas Priest
10/31 Amaranthe
11/7 Carcass
11/15 Priest Cover Band
11/21 Slipknot
11/22 Slayer
11/29 Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,900
I just got on the guest list for this show in St. Paul, courtesy of Mr. Bill Hudson filling in on guitar for Nightrage on this tour.

Awww yeah!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Bill Hudson is quite a character. Hung out with him a bit over the course of two days back in 2008. I had NO idea he was even doing anything these days. I can only assume he's filling in for Olof Morck?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Bill Hudson is quite a character. Hung out with him a bit over the course of two days back in 2008. I had NO idea he was even doing anything these days. I can only assume he's filling in for Olof Morck?
Yup. He is filling in for him. I think it's a visa problem.

But he wants to hang out before/after the show and get some drinks and shots. I'm not opposed to that at all. I feel pretty damn honored he wants to hang out with me. He's a hell of a guitarist.

We've been talking a lot lately about music and our projects and stuff. He's mainly doing session/touring guitar work lately as it pays better since he can learn very fast. He's interested in hearing my stuff as well. I don't expect anything to come out of that. I just think that's pretty damn cool.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I beleive he is filling in for him. I think it's a visa problem.

But he wants to hang out before/after the show and get some drinks and shots. I'm not opposed to that at all. I feel pretty damn honored he wants to hang out with me. He's a hell of a guitarist.

We've been talking a lot lately about music and our projects and stuff. He's mainly doing session/touring guitar work lately as it pays better since he can learn very fast. He's interested in hearing my stuff as well. I don't expect anything to come out of that. I just think that's pretty damn cool.
Yeah, wanting to get drinks/shots doesn't surprise me at all, his drinking is part of what made him so... interesting, haha. He is definitely a nice guy though, not holding anything against him whatsoever. Sadly I'll be passing on this tour though, the timing is just TERRIBLE for me. But I've seen Firewind three times at this point and White Wizzard just lost their good singer for the second time - so I guess I'll live.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah, wanting to get drinks/shots doesn't surprise me at all, his drinking is part of what made him so... interesting, haha. He is definitely a nice guy though, not holding anything against him whatsoever. Sadly I'll be passing on this tour though, the timing is just TERRIBLE for me. But I've seen Firewind three times at this point and White Wizzard just lost their good singer for the second time - so I guess I'll live.
I was actually going to skip this as well since I'm seeing Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost on the 3rd, and now Devin Townsend on the 8th. But When Bill Hudson offers you a spot on the guest list I have a hard time turning that down. haha He seems like a cool dude. I'm surrounded by musicians who love to drink so that's ok with me. I'm only a social drinker. I only drink when I get invited to the bar, or when I'm in a cover band and beer is free. Otherwise I stick to water and soda.

I've yet to see any of the bands on the bill. I really want to meet Gus G because I was huge fan of him before he got to super stardom.

I didn't know White Wizzard lost their singer AGAIN! That really sucks. I hope that doesn't affect them too much live.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Last edited by MPF; 08-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I was actually going to skip this as well since I'm seeing Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost on the 3rd, and now Devin Townsend on the 8th. But When Bill Hudson offers you a spot on the guest list I have a hard time turning that down. haha He seems like a cool dude. I'm surrounded by musicians who love to drink so that's ok with me. I'm only a social drinker. I only drink when I get invited to the bar, or when I'm in a cover band and beer is free. Otherwise I stick to water and soda.

I've yet to see any of the bands on the bill. I really want to meet Gus G because I was huge fan of him before he got to super stardom.

I didn't know White Wizzard lost their singer AGAIN! That really sucks. I hope that doesn't affect them too much live.
Yeah, I've been a huge fan of Gus's for years - first heard of Firewind when Forged By Fire came out, been following him ever since. Saw them in 2007 on an off-date from their support tour with Sonata Arctica (I also saw them together), and the show was at this relatively small club - no more than 50 people were there for Firewind, it was incredibly sad. But they played their asses off, no question whatsoever, and as a thank you to those who were there, they all came out and hung out with us after the show for a pretty extensive period of time.



Hell of a show. That was the Allegiance tour, which is easily my favorite Firewind record. For me, I just have little interest seeing them again because I saw them at what I would consider their "best", playing their best songs. Unless they put out a new album that's outstanding, their shows are probably only going to keep getting more underwhelming for me.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 AM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah, I've been a huge fan of Gus's for years - first heard of Firewind when Forged By Fire came out, been following him ever since. Saw them in 2007 on an off-date from their support tour with Sonata Arctica (I also saw them together), and the show was at this relatively small club - no more than 50 people were there for Firewind, it was incredibly sad. But they played their asses off, no question whatsoever, and as a thank you to those who were there, they all came out and hung out with us after the show for a pretty extensive period of time.



Hell of a show. That was the Allegiance tour, which is easily my favorite Firewind record. For me, I just have little interest seeing them again because I saw them at what I would consider their "best", playing their best songs. Unless they put out a new album that's outstanding, their shows are probably only going to keep getting more underwhelming for me.
That's pretty damn cool.

If I get my picture with him. I'm 6ft 4in. It will be a funny looking picture. haha
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
That's pretty damn cool.

If I get my picture with him. I'm 6ft 4in. It will be a funny looking picture. haha
I'm 6'3" so it should look more or less the same, haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008