Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Doom -- Los Angeles, CA -- June 1st, 2011

The show was originally supposed to be at the Infest Warehouse, but was moved to Restaurant Honduras because Doom wanted a smaller venue so that the show would sell out. I think thats retarded. The line up included Doom, Bastard Noise and Temple of Dagon. I bought my tickets in advance so I wouldn't have to worry about it selling out on me. I got the area around 8pm and had to wait for my friend who I had a ticket for. I was nervous when I left my car because it was such a sketchy area haha. We walked into the venue arond 9pm. I saw Bastard Noise was scheduled to go on at 910 and Doom at 1010. I was really happy with this caue I wanted to get home early so I could have a Doom after party at my house, but that never happened. I walked in to feel a wall of heat and sweat slap me in the face. I went to go grab a beer at the bar only to find out they were charging $5 for a 12oz can of PBR. FUCK THAT!!!! I just spent $9 on a 12 pack. I just hung out with some of my friends in the mean time. It was cool catching up with some homies I haven't seen in years that used to be my closest friends, who would sit around back in high school with me while we did nothing but listen to Doom and smoke weed, ahh good times haha.

This time around I wanted to sit through a Bastard Noise set for the first time. I always get to the second or third song and leave to the patio. Well they pissed me off again like usual, but my stubbornness to it through the set left me watching them. Right when they were going to start, the lights were turned off, and the band wasn't having it. They refused to play without the lights on. They kept saying "Turn on the lights...turn on the lights, we won't play without them on...turn on the fucking lights..." After 10 minutes or bitching about the lights, the lights finally got turned on and they started. I don't know what they played exactly. I think they played Me and Hitler but I could be wrong, it was definitely a song from A Culture of Monsters. At this point one of the mics went out, so Eric and Aimee had to share a mic for the rest of the set. I know for sure they ended it with March of the Trolls cause Eric announced it. They played 45 minutes too long haha. Like I always say, I like listening to them on record, not live.

Noise....
????
March of the Trolls

Doom was up next. Oh boy was I excited to finally see these guys, it has been a dream for years. I was really worried for the last month that this show would get shut down because it was moved to a new venue. To my surprise it did not get shut down and I was very pleased with this. They set up really fast and were ready to start around 1040, but then we had another light argument... Doom wanted the lights off, so they complained for a five minutes before the lights were turned off and started playing at 1045. They first two songs sounded killer! They topped Wormrot's violent show and brought it to a completely new level. Halfway through the third song, the only remainding mic went out. They spent a good 10 minutes trying to find a replacement mic It was soo god damn annoying. The gu from Temple of Dagon was cool enough to jump on stage and hook them up with a mic. I was pissed cause the fucking promoter or sound guy didn't think of bringing a spare mic in case the one they had went out. Doom went back into playing but I couldn't hear the vocals too well from that point on so it was difficult trying to hear what song was being played. They went into Symptoms of the Universe and that threw me off. I know they played it on the Peel Sessions, but didn't know they kept it in their set. Well everything was going great until this point. I don't know if it was just cause I was stoned or what, but the guitar amp went out and all I could hear was a cracking sound for the next 20 minutes of their set. It really bothered me to the point that I couldn't even focus on what was being played. I was debating on leaving cause it was too crowded, too hot, I couldn't hear the songs right. It was bullshit. The amp finally blew a few songs before they were over. They got a replacement head real fast and played three more songs, all of which I recognized because they were the most common Doom songs and the sound was finally back. Everyone wen apeshit when they played Police Bastard. It was a recovery point in their set. I hope they come back one day to play a better show. I'm going to list the five songs I could pick out. I recognized the riffs for a few others but dont remember the names. Keep in mind they played a LOT of songs in 45 minutes, just shitty sound prevents me from recognizing them.

Nazi Die
Symptoms of the Universe
Claustrophobia
Police Bastard
Means to an End

Overall, it was a shitty experience
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
N00B

oh doom :]
Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM
D.B.B.

I actually wanted to go check this out, but I guess it's a good thing I didn't.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Well I guess I was more out of it that I thought haha, here is the last 11 minutes of the show on youtube. It was the best part of the show though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q13nOqeiEG4
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 AM
slave to the grind

Sucks this show didn't go well for you. Doom and Bastard Noise were two of the highlights of MDF for me this year!
10/18-Neurosis
10/28-Carcass/Obituary/Exhumed

Tags
bastard noise, doom