Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Haha, well it was at the Mastodon/Dethklok show so there was like 2 people actually in the pit.
Oh... I remember hearing shitty things about that tour -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Yeah that's the one downside about Reggies, no crowd surfing or stage diving is lame. I've seen Municipal Waste and D.R.I. there and people do it anyway but they all get kicked out. Hell when I saw Pestilence there, the guy from Vital Remains was pulling people on stage as usual and everyone up there got kicked out until Warbringer came on.

I do remember for the free Magrudergrind show, security got their asses kicked! There had to be at least 30 people stage diving at the end of their set!

Bottom Lounge would be a great venue for a show like this, but the only thing I hate about there is that if you're under 21 you can't leave and come back.

Anyway this sounded like a fun show! I'm not too big of a fan of Converge myself but their live shows are crazy. I've seen Trap Them before as well and they do put on a great show as well!

And another thing, are you in Chicago just for school and you go back to Ohio over the summer?
Yeah man! Magrudergrind was the only time I've done something crazy at Reggies, and there was literally not enough security guards to keep track of us

And yes, I'm going back to Cleveland for the summer for an internship; I'll adjust my location when its time.

And I agree with you and Dethmaiden: Reggies has a better atmosphere, treat you better if you're under 21 *cough NO STRAIGHT EDGE X'S cough*, but its just a terrible place for crazy shows where there will be stagediving and the like.

Last edited by jd091; 06-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I'll have to go to Reggie's soon but I just like Bottomlounge because even after talking to guards there they know for metal shows its going to be crazy and they let it happen. I like being able to go there and have huge pits along with crowdsurfing and stagediving.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Other than the whole no-crowdsurfing debacle, my only other regret is that I didn't get to hear The Saddest Day and/or Jane Doe. Not that Converge has bad songs that were filler, but rather that those two are gems that had to be cut, unfortunately.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Other than the whole no-crowdsurfing debacle, my only other regret is that I didn't get to hear The Saddest Day and/or Jane Doe. Not that Converge has bad songs that were filler, but rather that those two are gems that had to be cut, unfortunately.
They rarely ever play those
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
They rarely ever play those
Didn't The Saddest Day used to be their staple live? Maybe I'm mistaken...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Didn't The Saddest Day used to be their staple live? Maybe I'm mistaken...
a long time ago
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 PM
#Controversial

Reggie's is easily the best venue in Chicago. Even though the no stage diving/crowd surfing rules are bogus, the sound there is phenomenal and it has a great atmosphere. Not to mention it has Record Breakers and a killer Greek burger joint next door (good for cheap food and drink as long as you aren't alone, shitty fucking area.)
Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Reggie's is easily the best venue in Chicago. Even though the no stage diving/crowd surfing rules are bogus, the sound there is phenomenal and it has a great atmosphere. Not to mention it has Record Breakers and a killer Greek burger joint next door (good for cheap food and drink as long as you aren't alone, shitty fucking area.)
All those are valid points, but I would trade them ALL to be able to crowdsurf/dive at a Converge show.

Tags
converge, trap them