23. Tentative
24. Cigaro
25. Suite-Pee
26. War?
27. Toxicity
28. P.L.U.C.K.
29. Sartarabad
30. Sugar

I was really hoping to like Gogol Bordello when I was working at The Forum so that I wouldn't dread seeing them again in Irvine but I just couldn't get into them. I'm really disappointed that they were chosen as the opening band. I liked The Mars Volta a lot better as openers when I saw them in '05.

I don't usually go for mainstream bands but SOAD is an exception since they are the band that got me into metal and are the 1st band I've ever seen live. Their set was sweet and long yet I still felt it wasn't enough. Is anybody else bummed they're not playing anything off STA? I would have at least liked to have heard them play "Mr Jack". It also sucks they're not playing "Spiders" but still it's one of the best set lists from any band I've seen nonetheless. It would have been awesome if those songs would have been encores but with a 30 song set I wasn't expecting any.

My only real complaint was with the venue not putting those cameras and screens to use! I mean what the fuck?! They looked so small from the terrace and the screens was one reason why I decided to work at the Forum and attend this show. Pisses me off they only had the screens on for their fucking advertisements. Sucks that the Forum doesn't always use their screens too. My first time there was when I started working at the 1st night of the Prince's 21 Night Stand. They use like 6 screens for him but zero for RAMMSTEIN and SOAD? Anyway it will still probably be one of the most memorable shows I've ever been to and it definitely was a better experience than the 1st time I saw them.
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
That Guy

One of my best friends who now lives out in LA was able to get free tickets from Shavo and was able to hang out backstage with both bands. It had to have been incredible.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
somebody somewhere

Yeah,I'm suprised they didn't use the video screens at Irvine.I've seen a ton of shows there and they're usaully on.I am surprised they don't ever play spiders.Steal this Album was leftover songs from the Toxicity sessions,the band made it clear when it came out it wasn't the follow up to Toxicity.Obviously the band doesn't think of it as an official album,it seems like everybody wants to hear something from it however.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
Steal this Album was leftover songs from the Toxicity sessions,the band made it clear when it came out it wasn't the follow up to Toxicity.Obviously the band doesn't think of it as an official album,it seems like everybody wants to hear something from it however.

True but they used to play Mr Jack... At least they did when I saw them almost 6 years ago. I think I've seen other live videos of it too with a sweet middle eastern section in the middle. Didn't they used to play Streamline too? I hope they release a dvd of this tour
6/24 Children of Bodom
Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Thats not true at all, the band considers STA!, one of their official releases, its even Johns favorite album by the band. Also, Daron said in an interview, that only the drum tracks are from the Toxicity sessions, and everything else was all new. My guess as to why there not playing any songs from it, is simply because its there least known album, and since is their reunion tour I suppose their looking to play their big hits. Im still baffled, I-E-A-I-A-I-O, The Highway Song or Mr. Jack, Streamline or Innervision is not in there but its stilll a very decent setlist.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 AM
D.B.B.

This show was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. Will totally see them when they come back!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
One of my best friends who now lives out in LA was able to get free tickets from Shavo and was able to hang out backstage with both bands. It had to have been incredible.
Jealous beyond all belief.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Jealous beyond all belief.
As am I. He moved out to California back in December and since then he's starting to gain a lot of connections and his band is starting to get a lot of great shows and demos. Even Capital Records is looking into his band. Pretty damn cool. It almost makes me wish I moved with him. haha.

IF he does make it famous, at least I can say I jammed with him and made a demo with him before he blew up to rock-stardom.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
As am I. He moved out to California back in December and since then he's starting to gain a lot of connections and his band is starting to get a lot of great shows and demos. Even Capital Records is looking into his band. Pretty damn cool. It almost makes me wish I moved with him. haha.

IF he does make it famous, at least I can say I jammed with him and made a demo with him before he blew up to rock-stardom.
what's the band name?
6/24 Children of Bodom
Old 05-27-2011, 04:18 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky4502 View Post
what's the band name?
Flipmind

http://www.facebook.com/Flipmind

I posted a link to them before when I played on the song, Chant. I guess I helped the band become a bit more Metal since then. His new stuff is a lot heavier then the song I played on. He is the guitarist/singer.

It pretty much is the definition of Alternative Metal.

He also works at the Whiskey A Go-Go and The Comedy Store running sound.

Tags
gogol bordello, system of a down