Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
N00B

Deftones -- Boca Raton, FL -- May 22nd, 2011

So I go there around 4 with a couple of friends(all whom I introduced Deftones to) and while they got in line, I had other plans. Previously I got ahold of Dillinger's drummer's e-mail and set up a drum lesson at 4, so while my friends got in line, I caught up with him and we went back stage. While backstage I met most of Dillinger, including Greg, who thought I came to interview him, but regardless was a really chill dude. The lesson was awesome, I learned a lot and we discussed other things while there including band life, being a musician, advise on getting "out there", this tour, and etc. We spent a good hour and a half playing drums and chilling and then eventually he had to go and I returned to line with my friends. The doors were supposed to open at 6 so we had a good 30 minutes left so we hung out there and the moment the doors open I ran and nailed a spot on the rail right in front of the stage.

Around 7 the first band came up, an indie band called Le Butcherettes(or some shit like that). The ticket said the show starts at 7:30 so maybe thats why the place was so empty, but regardless the band was okay. I mean they had the energy and everything, so I give them respect for that, but they just weren't my type of music. So I dealt with 30 minutes of them playing and soon they left.

I then had to deal with 15 minutes of anticipating the 2nd most anticipated band of the night for me, Dillinger Escape Plan. Soon they came on and as they went to their instruments the drummer pointed to me and gave me a thumbs up. Then they began the beginning of Farewell, Mona Lisa, right before the vocals came in, Greg casually walked up to the guy next to me grabbed his head and started the song. Thats just when all hell broke loose. Words cannot describe how insane their show it, you just have to experience it. The highlight of their show was Greg coming into the pit and having about 30 people on him singing along to Sunshine the Werewolf, absolutely insane.

Their set:

Farwell, Mona Lisa
Milk Lizard
Panasonic Youth
Chinese Whispers
Room Full of Eyes
Gold Teeth On A Bum
Black Bubblegum
Sunshine the Werewolf
43% Burnt

Completely worn out from the insanity that was them, I realized that the main attraction had yet to come. Deftones is my favorite band and this was my second time seeing them(I'm considering reviewing the first time later) and I swear, every time I see them, they get better. I might get hate for this, but to me, Deftones is the best live band. The moment they got on stage the energy was absorbed from the band. I just couldnt stop moving and singing along even when I was so close to passing out. The whole band looked happy, except Stephan who was obviously high as fuck(At a certain point he started playing Hexagrams to early or at the wrong point of the setlist, I'm not sure which, but the whole band looked at him like wtf? and then laughed to each other and went along and played the song. Possibly one of the best concert moments ever) but it didn't matter because he still did his job perfectly. Chino seemed so happy and energetic, it was awesome. They were great and Chino seemed to come against the rail to sing with the people around me and me, so that just made everything better. It was a great show and one of the best, if not THE BEST I have been too. Nothing like seeing your favorite band live. Regardless though, even if you don't like them that much if you can see them, do it, you won't regret it

Their Set:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Digital Bath
Korea
Hexagram
Minerva
Bloody Cape