Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

I'll be at the Intronaut and Clutch shows in Pittsburgh, if that helps
Pallbearer: 10/28
Old 06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
N00B

November 6th-The Palladium Worcester Massachusetts

Mayhem/Keep Of Kalessin/Hate/Abagail Williams/Woe
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
The short answer is, no.

The long answer is, it's complicated. Check this out. Between 7/22 and 7/23, I have not one or two, but SIX different possibilities of things to do:

7/22 Friday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - DTE Amphitheater (Detroit, MI) <---I'm hoping to do this
Clutch / Corrosion of Conformity - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA) <---I have a "Plan B" for this

7/23 Saturday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA)
Torche / Big Business / Thrones / Helms Alee - Grog Shop (Cleveland, OH) <---Truth be told, this is what I REALLY want to do that night
Animals as Leaders / IntrOnaut / Dead Letter Circus / Last Chance to Reason / Evan Brewer - Diesel (Pittsburgh, PA)
Indians vs. White Sox...but it's in a SUITE and it's FREE!!!

Plus, my wife is working that night and it is the only option I can take my kids to and not have to ask her to take the night off (which probably wouldn't happen anyway).

SO WHAT'S A BROTHER TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING HORSE SHIT?!?

My current thinking is to try to catch Slayer in Detroit on Friday night and take the kids to the Tribe game on Saturday night. The only problem with the game is that I need for someone in the season ticket holders' group that I'm in to decide they can't go and cough up a ticket for my older son (the younger one is a year old and doesn't need a ticket). Until that happens, the Tribe game is in limbo. My second choice that night would be Torche / Helms Alee, but with the kids in tow, that probably ain't gonna happen, so it'll most likely be (a) Progressive Field, or (b) my couch at home, sulking.

The "Plan B" for Clutch is their 7/28 show in Cleveland, but they're opening for Flogging Molly, who I really don't care about, and the tickets are $38 to see Clutch - a band who I've seen before and who tours all the fucking time - play a shortened set. I just don't know. If it was Clutch as a headliner with COC, I'd have no problem coughing up the dough, but if I go to that show I probably miss Slayer for sure.

WWW.HELPMEIAMSOCONFLICTED.COM
Wow. It actually might be nice to have "too many options" for a change. I'd like to experience that feeling at some point in my life.

I'd hit up that Slayer/Zombie/Exodus show, and take the kids to see Animals as Leaders/Intronaut/Dead Letter Circus/Last Chance to Reason/Evan Brewer.

In fact, get the wife to take off work and force her to go with you and the kids to that Animals as Leaders/Intronaut/etc show. If you don't have the heart, consume a lot of alcohol and listen to a bunch of Slipknot and Pantera until you're just so angry and pumped up you don't give a fuck about the repercussions. It'll all work out in the end.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Sometimes I wish the alcohol were an option.

On a semi-serious note, I'm gonna get my wife to a "metal-esque" show some day. It's a personal mission of mine. I've tried with acts like Russian Circles, Caspian and Explosions in the past, but schedule conflicts and other random details always seem to muck up the plans. She did see Pelican with me once, and she liked them. APC is an angle I've been trying to work with her, but so far she isn't biting on that one. She likes them, but not enough to change her work schedule and get a babysitter. I'm also trying to get her to agree to Lollapalooza this year, which would make both Explosions and APC feasible, but so far no luck. She has expressed mild interest in TOOL and PRIMUS in the past, so that might be a possibility, as they're both putting new albums out soon. For now, I'll have to resolve myself to the fact that we'll always have U2 and Depeche Mode (oh, and Crystal Castles, STS9, Dave Matthews, Sting and some other random stuff).

Also, I'm definitely not complaining about the "too many options" thing. It's a nice problem to have, as they say. I just dread the fact that I won't be able to do four or five of the things on that list. Also, it looks like I'm missing IntrOnaut this time around. That's twice now. That sucks. They are so good live.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot. I dragged my wife to a Metallica show many moons ago, and she liked them, too. She thinks Hetfield is a stud.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 06-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Take your kids to the baseball game. C'mon, that's such a daddy-and-me thing What kind of dad would you be to deny your kids the chance to see an awesome baseball game from a suite (note: I hate baseball games) in favor of you going to a concert, especially when you're probably going to one the night before? Don't worry though, I'm not trying to criticize your father skills or anything, or even tell you how to raise your kids Really, I'm not.

As for the night before... personally, I think Slayer sucks live
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
Take your kids to the baseball game. C'mon, that's such a daddy-and-me thing What kind of dad would you be to deny your kids the chance to see an awesome baseball game from a suite (note: I hate baseball games) in favor of you going to a concert, especially when you're probably going to one the night before? Don't worry though, I'm not trying to criticize your father skills or anything, or even tell you how to raise your kids Really, I'm not.
Point taken. That's why the current plan is to take them to the game (if I can get a ticket for the older one, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
As for the night before... personally, I think Slayer sucks live
Well, that's another good point, because I suspect that these days you might be right. They certainly didn't suck when I saw them back in the late 80's / early 90's, but something tells me I might be disappointed nowadays. That would push the Friday night option in favor of the headliner with Clutch (not to mention a chance to be blessed by the presence of Moobys ). Hmmm...

I hate you.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Bobb O)))

Very meh lineup. Certainly nothing like the last one that was supposed to happen, Krallice, Tombs, something else. But, that being said, I'll be there. If it goes through
10/4-Melvins
Old 06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
Very meh lineup. Certainly nothing like the last one that was supposed to happen, Krallice, Tombs, something else. But, that being said, I'll be there. If it goes through
What about this one in 2009? Blows away the Krallice / Tombs tour. If I remember correctly, Marduk never made it in the country and after about a week the rest of the bands dropped off, but I forgot the reason.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
What about this one in 2009? Blows away the Krallice / Tombs tour. If I remember correctly, Marduk never made it in the country and after about a week the rest of the bands dropped off, but I forgot the reason.

oh wow yeah i forgot about that one. I think the last one makes a little more sense, odd pairing cattle decap and mayhem together. still awesome though, cattle decap is amazing live
10/4-Melvins
Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Mayhem's manager was screwing the bands over, they werent getting paid or getting transportation or something so all the support decided to leave.