Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Well this would be the first show that skips Pittsburgh that I get the benefit of seeing in Chicago!
I considered the Chicago show for a minute, because it's the night after the Judas Priest show that I've been contemplating. The problem is that the Mayhem show is on a Sunday, and even if I do make the road trip for Judas Priest, it's unlikely that I would take off work the following Monday so I could stay in Chicago another night for Mayhem. You never know, though. I've done crazier things than that in the name of metal.

It'd be weird if we finally ran into each other at a show in Chicago and not Pittsburgh.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Fuck that. Go to the Peabody's show on 11/11/11. You'll also get to see Woe - and perhaps yours truly (OK, maybe that isn't considered a bonus, but whatever ). Plus, it's on a Friday, so you can stop home and see your parents for the weekend like a good son should.
Day before Priest in Chicago, which is more important to me than this. Plus, the Louisville date is the Friday of the last week of the semester before finals week, so yeah, will literally just spend all day chilling with the bros and leisurely driving down and back.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
not the mama

They should just let Woe support and kick the other 3 out.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Day before Priest in Chicago, which is more important to me than this. Plus, the Louisville date is the Friday of the last week of the semester before finals week, so yeah, will literally just spend all day chilling with the bros and leisurely driving down and back.
You're obviously making the right choice. I just want to hit a show at Peabody's with you at some point before I die, and I'm being a sillyass and trying too hard.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
How is there no Mr. Smalls date in Pittsburgh? I never thought I'd see the day when Mayhem skips out on playing a church.
I did. This is almost the exact same routing that their last tour had, sans playing Deathfest, with the exact same venues too. If the Enter the Vault owner doesn't have a relationship with a venue in your city, you're 9.9 times out of ten not going to get any show similar to this.
Pallbearer: 10/28
Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
I did. This is almost the exact same routing that their last tour had, sans playing Deathfest, with the exact same venues too. If the Enter the Vault owner doesn't have a relationship with a venue in your city, you're 9.9 times out of ten not going to get any show similar to this.
Aaaand thank God that my city seems connected to ETV. I will be at the Vancouver show. Been meaning to see Keep of Kalessin for a long time now, and I have no doubt that Mayhem will put on a great show.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Bummer, no Montreal. Road trip possibly
I know
Normally I'd say count me in for the road trip (haha!) but this is on a Monday. I want to see Woe so badly
Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
It'd be weird if we finally ran into each other at a show in Chicago and not Pittsburgh.
It would be.

Do you know if you're coming to Slayer and/or Clutch in July yet?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
beware of the quiet one

I don't know if I want to chance going to Cleveland in November...
12/27 - Clutch
12/28 - Clutch
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Do you know if you're coming to Slayer and/or Clutch in July yet?
The short answer is, no.

The long answer is, it's complicated. Check this out. Between 7/22 and 7/23, I have not one or two, but SIX different possibilities of things to do:

7/22 Friday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - DTE Amphitheater (Detroit, MI) <---I'm hoping to do this
Clutch / Corrosion of Conformity - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA) <---I have a "Plan B" for this

7/23 Saturday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA)
Torche / Big Business / Thrones / Helms Alee - Grog Shop (Cleveland, OH) <---Truth be told, this is what I REALLY want to do that night
Animals as Leaders / IntrOnaut / Dead Letter Circus / Last Chance to Reason / Evan Brewer - Diesel (Pittsburgh, PA)
Indians vs. White Sox...but it's in a SUITE and it's FREE!!!

Plus, my wife is working that night and it is the only option I can take my kids to and not have to ask her to take the night off (which probably wouldn't happen anyway).

SO WHAT'S A BROTHER TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING HORSE SHIT?!?

My current thinking is to try to catch Slayer in Detroit on Friday night and take the kids to the Tribe game on Saturday night. The only problem with the game is that I need for someone in the season ticket holders' group that I'm in to decide they can't go and cough up a ticket for my older son (the younger one is a year old and doesn't need a ticket). Until that happens, the Tribe game is in limbo. My second choice that night would be Torche / Helms Alee, but with the kids in tow, that probably ain't gonna happen, so it'll most likely be (a) Progressive Field, or (b) my couch at home, sulking.

The "Plan B" for Clutch is their 7/28 show in Cleveland, but they're opening for Flogging Molly, who I really don't care about, and the tickets are $38 to see Clutch - a band who I've seen before and who tours all the fucking time - play a shortened set. I just don't know. If it was Clutch as a headliner with COC, I'd have no problem coughing up the dough, but if I go to that show I probably miss Slayer for sure.

WWW.HELPMEIAMSOCONFLICTED.COM