Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 05-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Muse -- Moscow, Russia -- May 22nd, 2011

@ Olympic Stadium
Support: We Are Scientists

...review? Where do I start? Just so everybody knows, this was the first Muse show in Russia since May 2007. Muse, along with Placebo, Radiohead, Oasis, and Nirvana, is the most popular band in this country. That's why I decided to come so early.

(Also, if this isn't metal enough for you, don't get your knickers into a twist, just call your local admin and get him to delete it.)

I arrived at the stadium at 11 AM, with my Russian friend and a fuckload of food, including sandwiches, salad (his, derp), pancakes (his too), juice, and chocolate (that melted in the sun, lmao). We got there early enough to be at the front of the line for admission.

Around 3 PM, a tent was set up not far from us where bracelets would be handed out to people with floor tickets. The way it works at the Olympic Stadium here is that you can enter the stadium without a bracelet (if you're in floor) but without a bracelet you can't enter the actual floor area. They do this just so when checking what section of GA you're in they don't have to ask you to dig up your ticket. I made a plan - I'd go get a bracelet, he'd wait in line in the meanwhile, and when we'd enter the venue I'd get in line for the actual floor and he'd get a bracelet inside. There were bracelets available inside too, not just outside. This seemed pretty clever, so we waited for when they'd begin passing them out.

At around 4 sharp, they opened the doors and OH MY FUCKING GOD RUN ensued. I managed to get in line in the fourth row of people, all the while praising my reaction time. There was a LOT of people behind us.

An hour later, no bracelets have been given out. It's half past five, and all of a sudden we see people running like fuck from another tent (for left/right GA; we were center) to the main entrance to the stadium. I got really fucking confused, because if we ran back there, by the time we'd get there, we'd be in the middle of the crowd (by now the crowd was numbered in probably over 500 people). It'd pretty much defeat the purpose of sitting out there from 11 AM, you know?

Anyway, we did go back there, and we did end up in a really shitty spot in the crowd. I did meet somebody from my school there (sophomore hipster of course) and shortly conversed but some people started pushing after an hour and TROLOLOLOLO the barrier keeping the people back goes down. Me, being the clumsy fuck I am, trip over the fence in front of me and fall over, losing my shades. I don't notice them leaving my face, and just run back to the stadium. By now we've lost all hope of getting a rail spot, and we're just running with our instincts. We get inside, and get a decent spot in the GA center line. Since this is only GA center people, and we're in the tenth row of people, we're pretty down about now. But, things were to get better very very soon...

As soon as we entered the floor area, the guards told everybody to go behind the bleacher-ish seats, and that the floor was panned out in a way that to get to the center area we'd have to go around. We ran like fuck, and then got to another barrier. I managed to get to the front of the crowd, and yet again the guards couldn't hold back the savage fangirls + little old me. Lots of guards on the way to the area were trying to hold people back but I just got a blast of adrenaline seeing the empty center GA area and I started running along the rail SO FAST LIKE FUCK NO I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT I'M GOING TO GET A SHITTY SPOT AND GLOAT THE WHOLE NIGHT WHILE BEING SQUISHED BY SCREAMING MUSE FANGIRLS- holy shit. I'm in the center of the rail. My friend even managed to get up next to me.

Anyhow, I won't go into details about the crowd/show apart from the girl behind me. This bitch was shorter than me (so sorry, my condolences) and sort of started calling me a dick, not aware I wasn't just some foreigner I took it lightly (first time any Russian showed hostility to me for being a foreigner though) until she started spitting at the back of my neck. I was wearing an Anthrax tee, probably to troll all the people with 30STM t-shirts, but soon she started bitching about how "this 11 year-old hairy faggot who won't even fucking move for a girl and has no respect for other people" and I got pissed. I would've probably moved over A BIT before We Are Scientists came out, but that just set it in stone - she could go fuck herself. I decided the best decision would be to just shut up and use the silent treatment on her, and that pretty much did work. Over the course of the concert she pulled on my hair, poked my ribs, kneed me in the ass over a million times, and stepped on my foot, but I was driving her batshit insane It was so hilarious to listen to, this little brat whining about her being too slow to get to the rail. Fuck you, I got here at 11 AM, and camped outside. What'd you do, beg your mom to drive you here five minutes ago?

Back to the good shit! We Are Scientists came out a little later than I thought they would, and played more than they did the night before in St Pete (nine songs instead of six). I only listen to three or four of their songs, and they did play three of them, but the sound was a little too shitty for me to fully appreciate them enough. Meh, I'll go check them out at a headlining show instead of supporting Muse.

1.Nice Guys Play Video
2.Let's See It Play Video
3.Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt Play Video
4.Can't Lose Play Video
5.Jack & Ginger Play Video
6.Central AC Play Video
7.I Don't Bite Play Video
8.The Great Escape Play Video
9.After Hours Play Video

Later Muse came out, and put on the coolest show ever. Only Slayer comes to close to being as epic as that was. I can't even describe it... so I won't try.

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
Uprising @Info[Riff Version]
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique @Info[Who Knows Who outro riff]
Guiding Light
Hysteria
Citizen Erased
Nishe
United States Of Eurasia
Megalomania @Info[Organ interlude intro]
Helsinki Jam
Undisclosed Desires
Resistance
Starlight
Time Is Running Out @Info[House of the Rising Sun, Bedroom Acoustics and Asturias intro riffs, Power of Soul and Jimmy Jam out]
Stockholm Syndrome @Info[Take a Bow teaser intro, War Within a Breath and Endless Nameless outro riffs]

Soldier's Poem
Take A Bow
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia @Info[Man With A Harmonica Intro]
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Last edited by brutal_descent; 02-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Awesome
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

aww man We Are Scientists didn't play Lousy Reputation? that song is beautiful.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Great set as always from them.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
N00B

if Muse played Muscle Museum id die
Old 05-22-2011, 08:05 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Placebo is one of the biggest bands in Russia?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Placebo is one of the biggest bands in Russia?
Russia loves the whole indie/britpop/alt. scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Awesome
You betcha!
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
if Muse played Muscle Museum id die
It's a big shame Muse ignores Showbiz soo much. They will sometimes play Unintended but that is rare. I would cream myself if they played Micro Cuts
Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
N00B

This setlist is phenomenal!

Citizen Erased, Soldier's Poem, and Take A Bow= great to see in the set
Megalomania= OMG, it's back! epic awesomeness!

^ Didn't get any of those songs when I saw Muse last October in Milwaukee, but I did get Ruled By Secrecy. But along with the time I saw them, this set is lacking Unnatural Selection and Feeling Good. But I'd be damn proud if I got this set. Like I said before it's phenomenal.
Bastille (10/18)

Tags
muse, we are scientists