Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Moscow, Russia -- November 10th, 2010

@ Tochka
Support: None

Another one of my lets-necromance-old-shows-I've-been-to setlist threads, but you guys might actually find this interesting. This was a headlining Dillinger show I attended in November, and holy fuck was this the craziest live show ever or what. I had the misfortune of standing on the rail, and shitting bricks the whole show, but I also met two guys that I had shortly spoken with after a BFMV show back in July.

Most of the people in the audience had heard of how Dillinger had battled their management for the Moscow show for some time concerning the appearance of an opening act or not - the agency had suggested various Russian mathcore acts but DEP had constantly said NO to them on the subject. The agency almost dropped the show but when the ticket sales soared after the event FINALLY got posted on Last.FM they decided to keep it on their calendar.

Dillinger came out 8:25, and started the firestorm with Farewell, Mona Lisa, a cue for the floor to go batshit insane. I won't go in depth about the setlist and all but after three or four songs (I'm pretty sure after or before Room Full of Eyes) someone in the audience managed to scream out to Greg about the shittiness of the sound quality and Greg heard them, and basically bitched to the sound guy until they got it right. Like I've been reading in the gig reviews lately, they told everybody to get on stage during one song, blah blah blah.

After the show was over, Tuttle and Weinman stuck around to sign shit for fans. Somebody told Weinman he was the coolest guitarist ever, and he simply replied that he worked at a guitar shop and occasionally used the guitars to play his own riffs, and one day somebody came in and referenced him to the DEP.

Farewell, Mona Lisa
Fix Your Face
Milk Lizard
Room Full of Eyes
Chinese Whispers
Sugar Coated Sour
Gold Teeth On A Bum
Widower
Black Bubblegum
Lurch
Good Neighbor
Sunshine the Werewolf

Mouth of Ghosts
Panasonic Youth
43% Burnt
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Last edited by brutal_descent; 02-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Tags
the dillinger escape plan