Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 AM
N00B

This is what I don't get, ppl talk so much shit, and then blame ppl for "trolling" whatever the fuck that means, a term u just made up probably, and then you turn around and do the exact same thing, stop being such fucking hypocrites.
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Headbanger

One of my favorite things about music is when you hear a song or album and it takes you back to a place or time in your life. Sometimes I come across concert ticket stubs and it opens a pandora's box of memories I didn't even know I had supressed in my noggin.

Limp Bizkit was never a favorite of mine but I did get to see them live when they were on top of their game and it was a great show. A really good band opened and there were tons of hot women and everyone pre-gamed before and partied afterwards. I have nothing but cool memories from this band so when I see the meaningless hatred for them I just laugh. At this point people hating on them just look like sheep following the herd. Yeah we know people hate them and Durst is a clown. Do we need 78K more people to say it?

Are they relevant now, no. Would I go see them at Rams Head or a club? Maybe. I can certainly name 25 worse bands off the top of my head who are touring right now who would put on a much shittier show.

Not trying to be all pro-Durst or whatever just making an observation. I was just trying to think if Durst every did anything cool or memorable and I got a mental picture of him crowd surfing on that plywood at Woodstock. Yeah that was pretty bad ass actually...
Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I can certainly name 25 worse bands off the top of my head who are touring right now who would put on a much shittier show.
And I could name 500 that would put on a better one.

Really? Are we going to go down the path of "everyone hates them, so I'm going to be cool for defending them." Syphillis really blows, and but soooo many people hate it that it's becoming the cool thing now. Go syphillis!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post

Really? Are we going to go down the path of "everyone hates them, so I'm going to be cool for defending them." Syphillis really blows, and but soooo many people hate it that it's becoming the cool thing now. Go syphillis!
This
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post

I wouldn't say I'm defending them but pointless bashing of a band that hasn't been relevant in 8 years is idiotic in all reality. People who haven't even heard their music are like, yeah Limp Bizkit sucks and people who were red hats are stupid jsut because they heard someone else say it.

Sorry I'm one of those Think for yourself, question authority people. The world is full of sheep and it's my job to make sure they get syphillis. hahhaha
Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I did as well, at the Metrodome (7 years before the dome fell, haha)

Limp Bizkit destroyed the place. I'm not a fan, but My brother was and wanted to see them Linkin Park and Deftones, I wanted to see Metallica. Deftones didn't go on stage that night because Chino was too high, something I'll never forgive them for. Mudvayne was ok, that's about it. Linkin Park was good live, I'm a fan of their p;d stuff. But Limp Bizkit, they made people from the nosebleed section run all the way down from the front of the stage, jumping several stories, knocking over port a pottys, etc all that shit, no pun intended.

Without question Metallica was the best band that night.

That said, Limp Bizkit sucks.
Wow, that's a horrible tour lineup. In 03 I wasn't a fan of Metallica yet (I did know who they were) so I don't remember this, but I'm actually really disappointed that Metallica was playing with that scene of bands (if that's what you wanna call it). I do like Mudvayne, but I don't really listen to them. They were killer live, though.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Y'know what really sucs about these guys? the fact that they don't suck. Isolate the instruments, and you've a really solid cool sounding band. Its when Durst opens his gob 9 times out of 10 that it starts to suck.

Also, yeah, hating on them at this stage is absolutely irrelevant, specially since they aren't the arena bothering chart toppers they once were.

Tags
limp bizkit