Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 AM
N00B

Symphony X -- Tempe, Arizona -- May 11th, 2011

Was debating on writing a review for this (since most of my reviews are lame compared to others on here) but I decided to anyways.

Got to the venue when a local band started playing. They played a progressive metal style with no vocals, it wasn't too bad. They were a lot better than Blackguard who I walked out on after hearing half of one song. Powerglove came up next and they were pretty fun to hear and see live. They still didn't have their van so we also did the "Fuck that Van" chant. Singing the Pokemon theme song definitely brought back memories of my childhood.

I know I've voiced some disappointment on Symphony's setlist this go around but damn did they put on the best performance I've heard from them. It might have helped that the sound was crystal clear compared to the previous two times that I saw them. The new ones really went over well live, Dehumanized is much better live than in studio imo! The Odyssey was mind blowing, a MUCH better performance of the song then 2007. The band was spot on and the crowd went insane for the Champions of Ithaca chorus.

Got to talk with Michael Lepond after the show, and I asked him why they don't play many old songs any more and he told me that the others (I'm assuming Romeo and Allen) don't like playing them as much, particularly New Mythology Suite which made me pretty sad but oh well. They said they would be touring again in the fall and I definitely will be there!

Setlist:

Oculus Ex Inferni (Intro)
Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
The End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke and Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
---------------------