Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, all the way out at the fuckin' Clearwater Theater. I don't have a car here man, I rely on public transportation. Bands coming to suburbs around Chicago rather than the city is my biggest peev.
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

I'll never blow an opportunity to see Suffocation live. I've seen them three times now and they have killed it every time.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Hoping for a full tour. Still have never seen them.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Please, please tour again! The Suffo/Faceless tour didn't come by me last year, and it sucked.
This x1000

They better come up here if this does become a tour.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.
Hot damn. That makes me feel a little better that you say that. I still need to see Suffocation, they're up there pretty high on my "Bands I need to see before I die" list.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Kneeling Whaler

I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
That sucks. You should definitely come to the Rave for this show, I used to not like the Rave, but I've come to realize it's really a good venue. The security used to be dicks there, but they've gotten a lot better during the past two years or so, and the basement stage actually has good sound, which is where Suffocation played last fall. Plus, the website is awesome.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go
Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go
Agreed. I love his getups, too. That recent video from FuseTV where they played 2 songs from Blood Oath, he was wearing blue jeans, white running shoes and a sort-of long-long type long sleeve shirt w/ the sleeves rolled up. Not exactly what you'd expect from a death metal frontman, but that's what made it great.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)