Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
GarageMetal468's Avatar
GarageMetal468 GarageMetal468 is offline
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, all the way out at the fuckin' Clearwater Theater. I don't have a car here man, I rely on public transportation. Bands coming to suburbs around Chicago rather than the city is my biggest peev.
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/nucleusmetal
http://nucleus.bandcamp.com/album/the-colony
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-04-2011, 07:42 PM
OraclesofAgony's Avatar
OraclesofAgony OraclesofAgony is offline
Born Again In Blasphemy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 2,210
I'll never blow an opportunity to see Suffocation live. I've seen them three times now and they have killed it every time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,763
Blog Entries: 25
Hoping for a full tour. Still have never seen them.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
NecroRob's Avatar
NecroRob NecroRob is offline
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Please, please tour again! The Suffo/Faceless tour didn't come by me last year, and it sucked.
This x1000

They better come up here if this does become a tour.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.
Hot damn. That makes me feel a little better that you say that. I still need to see Suffocation, they're up there pretty high on my "Bands I need to see before I die" list.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
BlackmoreOfBowling BlackmoreOfBowling is offline
Kneeling Whaler
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 440
I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.
That sucks. You should definitely come to the Rave for this show, I used to not like the Rave, but I've come to realize it's really a good venue. The security used to be dicks there, but they've gotten a lot better during the past two years or so, and the basement stage actually has good sound, which is where Suffocation played last fall. Plus, the website is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 AM
AnataFan4Life's Avatar
AnataFan4Life AnataFan4Life is offline
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ridgeway, Virginia
Posts: 1,927
Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,763
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go
Agreed. I love his getups, too. That recent video from FuseTV where they played 2 songs from Blood Oath, he was wearing blue jeans, white running shoes and a sort-of long-long type long sleeve shirt w/ the sleeves rolled up. Not exactly what you'd expect from a death metal frontman, but that's what made it great.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008