Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Regretting my username

Obligatory Jingo Thread

It had to be done, I'm sorry. But....

usa:

BURN IN HELL, OSAMA!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Edit: Fuck it, people on Facebook are already giving me a hard time. Don't need it in 2 places haha.

Just be careful when celebrating death, it sows nothing of value.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg

Last edited by IrritatedTrout; 05-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Edit: Fuck it, people on Facebook are already giving me a hard time. Don't need it in 2 places haha.

Yeah, I think it does. He killed 3000 people on US soil. Fuck that guy. Obviously it has implications, but I don't think the act of celebrating his death is bad. I'm sure America celebrated when they heard Hitler was dead, and no one gave them shit about it. This was our Hitler, in a way.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
The Cheese

Quote:

Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Yeah, I think it does. He killed 3000 people on US soil. Fuck that guy. Obviously it has implications, but I don't think the act of celebrating his death is bad. I'm sure America celebrated when they heard Hitler was dead, and no one gave them shit about it. This was our Hitler, in a way.
Maybe people should've given them shit about it, because it's not like there weren't millions of people complicit with what Hitler was doing. But that's besides the point. You know, we've lost more lives in the pursuit of Osama than from anything he did. And even then - "he did" - as if he alone is Al Qaeda. You really think he's had a meaningful impact on that group in the last decade he's spent on the run? Not likely. You really think this one man's death is going to mark the end of terrorism, or is going to mark the end of anything other then the search for Osama?

I personally think it's sad that the one thing that seems to be reverting people into some drunk patriotic stupor is a covert-ops mission against one god damn dude. Fuck everything, America can fuck you up! (For best effect, say that while thrusting your pelvis.)

The dead are still dead.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Regretting my username

I never said that he had an impact over the last decade, or that his death will mean the end of terrorism.

But I am celebrating, and will always celebrate, his death as justice for the thousands who were killed by his command. He was responsible for thousands of innocent deaths on American soil and around the world. He deserved to die for that, and I'm glad the last thing that went through his head when he saw those SEALS was a fucking bullet.

That being said - 9/11 didn't justify the War in Iraq or the death of tens of thousands of innocent Afghan civilians. I won't defend the President against criticisms of the war and Gitmo. The wars are unmanageable, and think now more than ever we need to leave the region. Over time, the war developed into this grandiose mission to wipe out terrorism in general and stabilize the Middle East. I don't support that mission nearly as much as avenging the dead from 9/11. The original intention of the war was to catch those responsible for 9/11. He, and most of his friends, are now dead. Mission accomplished. Time to come home.

And like I said, I'm sure there were drunken celebrations in the streets all across American when Hitler died. My generation has lived our entire teenage and adult lives in a post-9/11 world, where Osama was public enemy #1, and I think we deserve at least one night of celebration. And I'm getting really tired of people busting my balls for doing so. I think we're entitled to an honest and visceral reaction.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 05-02-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 AM
The Cheese

I'm from the same generation. I was a freshmen in high school on September 11, 2001. But it makes me sad that my generation is finding such great cause for cheer in this. What of this war though? Our futile struggle against terrorism will continue on, claiming yet more lives, breeding yet more terrorists, and in that I cannot find cause to celebrate.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:

‎"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I'm from the same generation. I was a freshmen in high school on September 11, 2001. But it makes me sad that my generation is finding such great cause for cheer in this. What of this war though? Our futile struggle against terrorism will continue on, claiming yet more lives, breeding yet more terrorists, and in that I cannot find cause to celebrate.
But people aren't celebrating the war. They are celebrating Osama's death. They are two different things. Its barely been 12 hours since the announcement; like I said, give us some time to celebrate and then we can get back to the discussion of the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
But people aren't celebrating the war. They are celebrating Osama's death. They are two different things. Its barely been 12 hours since the announcement; like I said, give us some time to celebrate and then we can get back to the discussion of the future.
It just seems like a hollow victory. Hey! We killed one of the many people who was responsible for something that happened ten years ago who has since not done anything because he's been on the run and now that he's dead his organization and other like-minded ones will carry on just the same but fuck it party time!