Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm Satan

The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Chicago, IL -- April 30th, 2011

The Bottom Lounge.... First off I know I put May 1st even though the ticket says April 30th, They played from about 1 am to 2:10 am so It's May 1st in my book.

Now.....The most intense, painful experience in all my 400+ concerts I've attended. The Setlist I'm holding in my hand reads...

ROOMFUL OF EYES
FIX YOUR FACE
MILK LIZARD
CHINESE WHISPERS
SUGAR COATED SOUR
GOLD TEETH ON A BUM
WIDOWER
WHEN GOOD DOGS DO BAD THINGS
GOOD NEIGHBOR
SUNSHINE THE WEREWOLF
PANASONIC YOUTH
43% BURNT
FAREWELL, MONA LISA

That's what it says but it's a little off, they actually opened with THE MULLET BURDEN and fuck at the moment I cant remember but I believe they did 1 more not listed in the set in the middle somewhere, my head is still spinning at the moment. Saw them at the Riviera and left right after them since I can give 2 shits about the deftones and ended up with my elbows on the stage the whole show at the bottom lounge! Got a setlist signed by everyone and 2 picks from Jeff and enough painful memories to last a lifetime. Simply put there are no words to describe the experience so I'm not gonna attempt it, if you were there great if not....You'll never know. Period. Between Greg kicking and falling on everyone the whole time, Ben monkey barring the pipeline above the stage, Liam shoving someone off with his bass and Jeff whacking everyone with his guitar, those were the low points of the show so that attempts to describe the intensity of it all. Needless to say it was the best live experience ever. Can't wait for my 16th time seeing these guys....better be soon
Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
N00B

so u wrote "Simply put there are no words to describe the experience so I'm not gonna attempt it"

and then attempted it, successfully. so annoying.
Slipknot 12/6
Russian Circles,Mutoid Man 12/11
ETID,Architects 12/13
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE SET! I wasn't sure of all the songs played so I didn't exactly want to start this thread. This was by far the greatest concert I have ever seen, and think I will ever see. "Sunshine the Werewolf" and "43% Burnt" were two of the greatest live songs... ever. I simply cannot conceive a more perfect or insane performance.

Here's my little review:

I arrived at the Bottom Lounge around 10:45, and waited a long time for the band to show up. Doors let us in around 11, but the opening local band, Farwell, didn't get on until midnight. They were very... strange. Straight up post-hardcore screamo, and everyone in the crowd hated them. They finished around 12:30 and Dillinger didn't get on stage until 12:50. I remember talking to this kid next to me near the front, and he said his friend and him drove 6 1/2 hours from Columbus just for this show. I told him I had no idea what to expect, since this was my first Dillinger experience. Goddamn, I was not ready.

First of all, the stage goes dark, and Jeff just runs up to the crowd, and holds his guitar out, letting some guy in the front play it with his teeth for a good 30 seconds. Then it went dark, the rest of the band came out, and mayhem was fucking unleashed. I'm 100% sure the opening song was not Room Full of Eyes, since I filmed it and it was later in the set. Mullet Burden sounds right.

Anyway, they slam into the first note, the crowd begins to crush everyone, and I immediately jumped up on the stage and began the diving. I was wearing a Revocation shirt with a green logo if anyone saw me. From there on, it was unlike anything I've ever seen. The diving was constant and violent, Greg kept jumping and diving out into the crowd, Ben and Jeff both ran into the crowd multiple times, flailing their guitars, and almost destroyed the PA systems hanging on the sides by pushing them as hard as they could so they were flailing around like pendulums.

Sunshine the Werewolf was... unlike anything I've ever experienced. At the end, everyone jumped up on the stage. There must have been at least 30 people on the stage, pushing, moshing, jumping, climbing, singing. Ben was surfing on us on the stage, shredding on his guitar. Greg was running around, pushing everyone like bowling pins, handing us the mic to sing in and jumping off the stage with us. Words just can't describe the insanity.

Panasonic Youth -> 43% Burnt was also completely fucking insane. At the end of 43%, Greg threw out a huge riser into the crowd, destroyed a fan next to the drums, and chucked that out also, which hit me in the face! It hurt so good! Ben just began surfing with his guitar on his back. Insane. There was also this guy with a gigantic fake lion head on which kept jumping out into the crowd, which was hilarious and crazy. I think I ended up diving a total of 9 times, the most I've ever done at once.

Overall, this is by far a 10/10 performance. It was so perfect, I can't put it into words. Greg even told us near the end of the performance that it was one of the craziest and most fun concerts he's ever done.

Videos I took:

Room Full of Eyes

Good Neighbor

Sunshine the Werewolf (part 1)

And here's a clip of the end of Sunshine where everyone was jumping on the stage. Its short, because I stopped it to jump up and go crazy with everyone else!

Sunshine (Part 2)

Here's also another good clip someone else took of Panasonic Youth -> 43% Burnt and Farewell Mona Lisa:

Panasonic -> 43%

Farewell, Mona Lisa

Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
How're yeh?

is this one of those bands that are like, you love em or you honestly can't see the appeal? Cause I honestly don't get why people LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE this band so much.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
is this one of those bands that are like, you love em or you honestly can't see the appeal? Cause I honestly don't get why people LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE this band so much.
Absoultely. I would say Dillinger and Converge are probably the two biggest love'em or hate'em bands in metal.

Anyways, reading about this show makes me sad that I am only going to see them as opener. As much as I like Deftones, Dillinger is one of my favorite bands and I would love to see them at a tiny show like this one.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
This was by far the greatest concert I have ever seen, and think I will ever see.... I simply cannot conceive a more perfect or insane performance.

What happened to Magrudergrind?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
so u wrote "Simply put there are no words to describe the experience so I'm not gonna attempt it"

and then attempted it, successfully. so annoying.
Yes I attempted it...unsuccessfully I tried to for the DEP fans, not to please people like you so save your comments. It was once in a lifetime....so yes there are no right words to describe, I repeat... I tried and failed. Annoying how you think you know what you're talking about when you obviously don't have a clue so.....Don't like the post don't comment on it it's that simple....
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
Mastodon421 is right, Dillinger and Converge are 2 of the most brilliant and amazing bands ever to grace the face of earth, but they aren't very listener friendly. You have to "get" them. It took me a couple years to really learn to appreciate Dillinger, since at first I dismissed it as noise. But without a doubt, they are some of the most intense and talented musicians of our generation. And I get to see Converge this month too! I doubt it will beat the Dillinger show, though.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE SET! I wasn't sure of all the songs played so I didn't exactly want to start this thread. This was by far the greatest concert I have ever seen, and think I will ever see. "Sunshine the Werewolf" and "43% Burnt" were two of the greatest live songs... ever. I simply cannot conceive a more perfect or insane performance.

Here's my little review:

I arrived at the Bottom Lounge around 10:45, and waited a long time for the band to show up. Doors let us in around 11, but the opening local band, Farwell, didn't get on until midnight. They were very... strange. Straight up post-hardcore screamo, and everyone in the crowd hated them. They finished around 12:30 and Dillinger didn't get on stage until 12:50. I remember talking to this kid next to me near the front, and he said his friend and him drove 6 1/2 hours from Columbus just for this show. I told him I had no idea what to expect, since this was my first Dillinger experience. Goddamn, I was not ready.

First of all, the stage goes dark, and Jeff just runs up to the crowd, and holds his guitar out, letting some guy in the front play it with his teeth for a good 30 seconds. Then it went dark, the rest of the band came out, and mayhem was fucking unleashed. I'm 100% sure the opening song was not Room Full of Eyes, since I filmed it and it was later in the set. Mullet Burden sounds right.

Anyway, they slam into the first note, the crowd begins to crush everyone, and I immediately jumped up on the stage and began the diving. I was wearing a Revocation shirt with a green logo if anyone saw me. From there on, it was unlike anything I've ever seen. The diving was constant and violent, Greg kept jumping and diving out into the crowd, Ben and Jeff both ran into the crowd multiple times, flailing their guitars, and almost destroyed the PA systems hanging on the sides by pushing them as hard as they could so they were flailing around like pendulums.

Sunshine the Werewolf was... unlike anything I've ever experienced. At the end, everyone jumped up on the stage. There must have been at least 30 people on the stage, pushing, moshing, jumping, climbing, singing. Ben was surfing on us on the stage, shredding on his guitar. Greg was running around, pushing everyone like bowling pins, handing us the mic to sing in and jumping off the stage with us. Words just can't describe the insanity.

Panasonic Youth -> 43% Burnt was also completely fucking insane. At the end of 43%, Greg threw out a huge riser into the crowd, destroyed a fan next to the drums, and chucked that out also, which hit me in the face! It hurt so good! Ben just began surfing with his guitar on his back. Insane. There was also this guy with a gigantic fake lion head on which kept jumping out into the crowd, which was hilarious and crazy. I think I ended up diving a total of 9 times, the most I've ever done at once.

Overall, this is by far a 10/10 performance. It was so perfect, I can't put it into words. Greg even told us near the end of the performance that it was one of the craziest and most fun concerts he's ever done.

Videos I took:

Room Full of Eyes

Good Neighbor

Sunshine the Werewolf (part 1)

And here's a clip of the end of Sunshine where everyone was jumping on the stage. Its short, because I stopped it to jump up and go crazy with everyone else!

Sunshine (Part 2)

Here's also another good clip someone else took of Panasonic Youth -> 43% Burnt and Farewell Mona Lisa:

Panasonic -> 43%

Farewell, Mona Lisa

Hell yeah dude no problem, Every time I see them they get better and I'm convinced this is the best DEP line up so far, fucking intensity at it's finest
Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
What happened to Magrudergrind?
Don't get me wrong, Magrudergrind was awesome and will probably be in my top 5 shows this year, but DEP was a whole new level. No comparison.

Last edited by jd091; 05-01-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Tags
the dillinger escape plan