High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Nice job of finishing up strong! Ironically my Top 5 of this genre would have been all Iron Maiden and Queensryche albums but all different from yours.

I always thought only musicians thought SIT was a great album but apparently I was wrong. Maybe someday i'll get songs like Long Distance Runner and Deva Vu. Love the music but just can't get past the lyrics even after 25 years.
...is this implying that I'm not a musician?

Or is it based on the other responses?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Nice job of finishing up strong! Ironically my Top 5 of this genre would have been all Iron Maiden and Queensryche albums but all different from yours.

I always thought only musicians thought SIT was a great album but apparently I was wrong. Maybe someday i'll get songs like Long Distance Runner and Deva Vu. Love the music but just can't get past the lyrics even after 25 years.
I'll admit the lyrics to Deja Vu are pretty dumb.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
The Cheese

Definitely didn't expect O:M as your #1 (although, I guess it's absence was conspicuous) But still, nice!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
...is this implying that I'm not a musician?

Or is it based on the other responses?
Obviously I knew you loved it but of my other friends only musicians seem to hold that album in high regards. Until I stumbled upon this site and saw the unaderterated love for it. I personally have Powerslave rated worlds over SIT and it's 90% because of the lyrics. I still can't fathom anyone finding Long Distance Runner interesting lyrically even though it might be one of my favorite songs on the album musically.

I'm going to give this cd a few more spins minus Heaven Can Wait which I honestly never want to hear again and see if I truly am missing something. It's been years since I've listened to some of those tracks.

Also while I'm thinking about it I own 10 Saxon albums and Lionheart isn't one of them. Is that really their best album in your eyes? Another band I was really into and lost touch with.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Also while I'm thinking about it I own 10 Saxon albums and Lionheart isn't one of them. Is that really their best album in your eyes? Another band I was really into and lost touch with.
Absolutely. I love the "classic" Saxon records of course, but from "Unleash the Beast" to present they've been pumping out incredibly solid albums. I just think they really struck gold with Lionheart.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Love O:M (easy top 5 of all time) but still pretty shocked to see it beat SIT.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Absolutely. I love the "classic" Saxon records of course, but from "Unleash the Beast" to present they've been pumping out incredibly solid albums. I just think they really struck gold with Lionheart.
Cool I'll have to check it out
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Obviously I knew you loved it but of my other friends only musicians seem to hold that album in high regards. Until I stumbled upon this site and saw the unaderterated love for it. I personally have Powerslave rated worlds over SIT and it's 90% because of the lyrics. I still can't fathom anyone finding Long Distance Runner interesting lyrically even though it might be one of my favorite songs on the album musically.

I'm going to give this cd a few more spins minus Heaven Can Wait which I honestly never want to hear again and see if I truly am missing something. It's been years since I've listened to some of those tracks.

Same here. I always thought Maiden peaked with Powerslave and haven't listened to SIT in years. I'll give it another shot as well.

And I stopped buying Saxon albums after the one with the Christopher Cross cover song. I'll definitely have to check out Lionheart.
07/31 - W.O.A.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalEmperor View Post
And I stopped buying Saxon albums after the one with the Christopher Cross cover song.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL WUT
Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
In Search of Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsEzSbIlTg

It was on the album "Destiny" in 1988. And yeah, Saxon from roughly 1986 - 1995 wasn't particularly good. But in '97 they put out Unleash the Beast and it's been damn good output ever since.