Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
PSN: BiP_MoNeY

Protest the Hero -- Greensboro, NC -- April 24th, 2011

I arrived at the Greene Street Club at 4:30, after a long ass drive. Doors opened at 6:00 and the show started 6:30. I was surprised how small the main floor was at this venue. There was no rail or security guys to separate the crowd from the bands, just a small step up to the stage. The two local opening bands were pretty interesting. The first, Dreamkiller, featured a female singer. They were okay. The second opening band was Hephystus. I actually liked them quite a bit, except for the vocals.

Tesseract was next on stage. I was excited to see these guys after hearing their debut album. They had major problems getting their equipment set up, so they had to play a shortened set. The short set sucked, but the songs they did play were fucking spot on. I was really impressed with these guys. Watch out for this band in the future. I'm not sure of the songs they played but it was most likely a shortened version of this set: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16512

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster played next. I am a huge fan of this band. I had seen them live once before, here in Johnson City, so I knew what to expect. I guess these guys are big in Greensboro, because as soon as the first song started the crowd, which had been pretty docile, went fucking nuts. You could hear the crowd singing the lyrics over the music at certain points during the set, which was awesome. I had to fight the rest of the night to hold my position close to the stage. Maylene put on a hell of show, especially Dallas Taylor. This guy is truly a great stage presence. During the second to last song he climbed up to the second level and then hung off the railing while he sang. You gotta love it when a vocalist is so passionate about performing. Their music was spot on as well. Probably the most fun I've had during a set in a long time.

Memories of the Grove
Just a Shock
Dry the River
Waiting on my Deathbed
Listen Close
Darkest of Kin
Raised by the Tide
Caution: Dangerous Curves Ahead
Step Up (I'm On It)

Protest the Hero was next. Protest is one of my favorite bands, and this was my first time seeing them live. Well... I was not disappointed. Their set was perfect. Rody was hilarious between songs. I was happy with the song selection. Good mix of Kezia, Fortress, and Scurrilous. Can't wait to see these guys again. Set list was same as posted here: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16512

Tesseract: 8.5/10
Maylene: 9/10
Protest: 9.5/10
Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

I should be seeing this tour... RIGHT NOW... But here I am in CSC 393 Data Structures in C++, ignoring my small Japanese teacher and browsing Metalsetlists instead. TesseracT better come back around soon or else.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I should be seeing this tour... RIGHT NOW... But here I am in CSC 393 Data Structures in C++, ignoring my small Japanese teacher and browsing Metalsetlists instead. TesseracT better come back around soon or else.
That sucks dude.
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Man, that class sounds horrible dude
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Man, that class sounds horrible dude
Actually not too bad, I really love Computer Science and its an interesting and useful class. Its just that it meets once a week from 5:45-9:00, and I can barely understand anything my teacher says since she's pure Japanese. Because of the class time, I have to miss Protest this week and Cavalera Conspiracy next week. Whatever.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Actually not too bad, I really love Computer Science and its an interesting and useful class. Its just that it meets once a week from 5:45-9:00, and I can barely understand anything my teacher says since she's pure Japanese. Because of the class time, I have to miss Protest this week and Cavalera Conspiracy next week. Whatever.
Ugh, those once-a-week long-ass night classes used to kill me. Getting really baked before Psych 340 really helped. OT, sorry

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 04-28-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Tags
maylene & the sons of disaster, protest the hero, tesseract