Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
As far as the money thing goes, I really do have a good habit of saving up a lot of money in advance and I'm extremely frugal (cheap) when I travel.
I'd say you picked the best Taxi and Hotel in all of Florida when you came down here haha, ever figure how much you saved?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I'd say you picked the best Taxi and Hotel in all of Florida when you came down here haha, ever figure how much you saved?
Haha I have no idea but off the top of my head probably a couple hundred between sharing rides and rooms with you and Eric. Thanks again for all you did, man.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Haha I have no idea but off the top of my head probably a couple hundred between sharing rides and rooms with you and Eric. Thanks again for all you did, man.
Not a problem, we have plenty of room to spare so I'm not gonna be "that guy" lol
Old 04-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

If anyone is interested about the new Maiden DVD, one of the cameras used to film the crowd was mounted on a helicopter that is controlled via remote. Thing looks epic!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
In Search of Truth

The degree to which I am pretty much indifferent about this definitely makes me feel like something has changed over the last couple of years.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Oh yea I'm always up for a Maiden tour, esp. if they do stuff off 7th Son.....Maiden did so well attendence wise last year in Denver so I bet they come back; otherwise hopefully they do Albq or Phoenix that I can make
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I'm not blaming you for not going as I understand other things take priority. I'm just saying that it's unfair to expect Maiden to play every B market every time they come around. Buffalo has got to be the definition of a B market too
It's not about them coming to Buffalo it's about giving the fans a better chance to see them. Sorry, only two dates for the US on this leg isn't gonna cut it and no fan who was denied the chance to see them because of that should let them slide on it, no matter how great they are. Bruce flies the band and crew from show to show and there's just no way they don't have a say in where they perform. It's just lazy if you ask me.

Saying Buffalo is a B market is actually generous at this point. If there's a such thing as a C market then that's what we are now. We can't even get Rush or Ozzy to play here anymore

It's sad because when I first started attending shows in the early 90s it wasn't a question of if a band was coming here, it was a question of when once a tour was announced. But that's changed over the last five or six years. So I guess I never got use to the travel idea since I got so use to bands coming here. I've traveled before and will do it again for shows, it just happening too much for my liking in recent times.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It's not about them coming to Buffalo it's about giving the fans a better chance to see them. Sorry, only two dates for the US on this leg isn't gonna cut it and no fan who was denied the chance to see them because of that should let them slide on it, no matter how great they are. Bruce flies the band and crew from show to show and there's just no way they don't have a say in where they perform. It's just lazy if you ask me.
Well the USA did get a full 27 date tour just last Summer? Granted it lacked 4 new songs, but still it was a strong set; including Brave New World.

I mean you can't complain, you can get shows in Toronto which isn't far at all, and Montreal and NYC are about equal in distance, so you can go to either of those. What's your fuss?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
N00B

The idea of a Maiden England tour isn't exactly new, since the DVD was supposed to come out in November 2008. It seems like every four years they'll do a retrospective tour to coincide with the release of a new The History of Iron Maiden DVD. But with that being said, do you know this has been confirmed? It's been on my mind a lot lately, since A. I really want to see Maiden again and 2. What they would play. They already did some of "seventh son" on the "somewhere back in time tour" and they are playing "the evil that men do" on this current tour. They should play the 88 setlist or play "seventh son" in its entirety. Bruce had said that they would probably do a greatest hits tour next but It will probably be Maiden england.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Well the USA did get a full 27 date tour just last Summer? Granted it lacked 4 new songs, but still it was a strong set; including Brave New World.

I mean you can't complain, you can get shows in Toronto which isn't far at all, and Montreal and NYC are about equal in distance, so you can go to either of those. What's your fuss?
I know, I did travel to see them last year. My main fuss is the extra money it costs to travel to shows. Sometimes you just can't afford to go out of town for many of them. Taking time off of work plays a factor in weather I can do it or not to. If I start taking off too much they could decide to fire me.

Toronto, if you count the waiting at the border crap is about two hours or so to get there. Which isn't too bad i've been up there for a number of shows before. Montreal and NYC are both about six to seven hour drives, so it's not like I can just hop in my car and i'm there.