Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK2THIS View Post
East is going to happen. Planning a weekend fly out where we'll play Philly and Brooklyn, possibly Haboken. It would most likely be in early May-ish. Hope that's close to you!

And, I'm just busting balls on here. Artists hardly ever chime in. I think it's good for people to know a lot of us see most everything out there, and care what all y'all want/like/crave!
If you guys somehow come to South Florida, I'll love you forever
Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
REVOLVER Magazine is doing a world premier of Figura Serpentinata (Pycnopodia sapien). It's the only place you'll be able to hear it for a while, so please come rock it LOUD, say some stuff, show us some love if you got it!! We're very proud to gain such great exposure.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/excl...ia-sapien.html
That's awesome! It's great to see talented musicians get the exposure they deserve.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 09-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Bringer of Darkness

My copy of Cenotes just came in Going to get as hell and listen to it.

EDIT: This is their greatest work yet, holy shit. So fucking heavy and mesmerizing. All five tracks are killer, hearing the whole thing live would have been amazing. EXTREMELY jealous of Wine and Slap for getting to see this.

Last edited by hb420; 09-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
If you write the label, they'll make it in whatever size you need. The shirts won't be ordered for a bit to figure out demand so they can arrange to have it done. Hit em up. We've had other 2xl and 3xl shirts sitting at cottoncrustacean.com for months, collecting dust. See what we have in stock there too and you'll support us directly.

As far as cost of the CD goes, again we don't control that. We just spend thousands upon thousands of dollars out of our own pocket, about 4x the very meager "advance" amount given by the label, to travel to Seattle and record this album. It's a five song EP, that totals nearly 35 minutes of music. That's three bucks a song, sent to your door!! $.42 a minute of the heaviest, greatest sounding stuff we've ever done!!

Figura Serpentinata is one of the most important and greatest songs I've ever written. You obviously just weren't listening to it loud enough. Try again.
Time for a bump.

First and foremost, the EP is awesome. Sorry if I ever left an impression that I had any serious doubts. I guess the samples I heard of "Figura Serpentinata" just didn't hit me the right way right off the bat. That happens a lot with online streaming samples. Having said that, I think I love "Tongue Stones" and "Snakehead" the most. Also, that rolling drum outro on Cenotes is just fucking beastly and beautiful. What a fantastic way to end the album. It's like a lumbering ocean beast that just got done smashing our poor ship to matchsticks, swimming off into the distance.

Also, I did hit up the label for the pre-order shirt in a larger size, and they were very friendly about it, but unfortunately they were unable to accommodate the request because the order had already been placed. Guess I'll just have to buy some more Squidwear when I see you guys live. You know what that means. Tour stop in Cleveland, bitches! OK, I know it may not sound all that tempting, but we are a far more awesome town than many folks give us credit for, and the metal scene here is pretty decent (plus, we have a great big damn lake!). You guys would be a perfect fit for a place like the Grog Shop. That crowd would love you folks something fierce.

That, or just stop by someplace that's not all the way out on the East Coast. That place sucks. Fuck the Atlantic Ocean, man - the Pacific is where all the good shit is!

Peace out, and congrats on the squidling if that's appropriate to say at this time.

The Nat
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

I checked this out actually... was a lot more accessible than the previous album. As far as violin-based doom/sludge goes, this may just be better than SubRosa
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
violin-based doom/sludge
What an extensive genre!
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 11-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I checked this out actually... was a lot more accessible than the previous album. As far as violin-based doom/sludge goes, this may just be better than SubRosa
Whoa...hold up there, bud.

Lucky for you that Giant Squid employs a cello and not a violin, therefore nullifying your comment on the grounds of technical inaccuracy. Otherwise, I would have had to kick your pansy ass. You know, through the internet.

Best Violin-Based Doom Album of 2011: No Help for the Mighty Ones
Best Cello-Based Sludge Album of 2011: Cenotes

This bear is just for you, LOGAN.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Whoa...hold up there, bud.

Lucky for you that Giant Squid employs a cello and not a violin, therefore nullifying your comment on the grounds of technical inaccuracy. Otherwise, I would have had to kick your pansy ass. You know, through the internet.

Best Cello-Based Sludge Album of 2011: Cenotes

This bear is just for you, LOGAN.
Cello, violin, same thing

But seriously, no reason to get your panties in a knot... you should be praising me for my distinguished taste
Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Cello, violin, same thing
Wrong.

Quote:
But seriously, no reason to get your panties in a knot... you should be praising me for my distinguished taste
If my panties were actually in a knot, you wouldn't have gotten a pic of a nice fuzzy wuzzy bear.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

Best Cello-Based Sludge Album of 2011: All We Destroy
Best Cello-Based Sludge EP of 2011: Cenotes
Fixed
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND