Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Not to mention that - dare I say it - the one song I've heard so far really didn't thrill me.

In the words of Han Solo...I've got a bad feeling about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Believe me, it's worth it. I saw the whole thing live, and it was heavy as fuck.
He's right. Try not to rock out to Mating Scars when you hear it.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM
N00B

Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
The T-shirt for the pre-order package isn't available in anything larger than XL?!?

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me.
If you write the label, they'll make it in whatever size you need. The shirts won't be ordered for a bit to figure out demand so they can arrange to have it done. Hit em up. We've had other 2xl and 3xl shirts sitting at cottoncrustacean.com for months, collecting dust. See what we have in stock there too and you'll support us directly.

As far as cost of the CD goes, again we don't control that. We just spend thousands upon thousands of dollars out of our own pocket, about 4x the very meager "advance" amount given by the label, to travel to Seattle and record this album. It's a five song EP, that totals nearly 35 minutes of music. That's three bucks a song, sent to your door!! $.42 a minute of the heaviest, greatest sounding stuff we've ever done!!

Figura Serpentinata is one of the most important and greatest songs I've ever written. You obviously just weren't listening to it loud enough. Try again.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK2THIS View Post
As far as cost of the CD goes, again we don't control that. We just spend thousands upon thousands of dollars out of our own pocket, about 4x the very meager "advance" amount given by the label, to travel to Seattle and record this album. It's a five song EP, that totals nearly 35 minutes of music. That's three bucks a song, sent to your door!! $.42 a minute of the heaviest, greatest sounding stuff we've ever done!!
Of course I'm still going to get it, but I might have to either wait for the vinyl or get the shirt as well for it to be more cost-effective. Either way, you'll be getting my money! I hope you guys can come to the east coast and tour for this in the near future.

Quote:
You obviously just weren't listening to it loud enough. Try again.
This made me laugh much harder than it should have.
Swans: 9/11
Trust: 9/27
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 PM
N00B

East is going to happen. Planning a weekend fly out where we'll play Philly and Brooklyn, possibly Haboken. It would most likely be in early May-ish. Hope that's close to you!

And, I'm just busting balls on here. Artists hardly ever chime in. I think it's good for people to know a lot of us see most everything out there, and care what all y'all want/like/crave!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
We had to pull the sample track, Figura Serpentinata for a couple different reasons, which is why there is an error in the player. But…
here is a video of us trying our best not to fuck it up live, followed by Revolution in the Water and a Subhumans cover – http://www.youtube.com/user/giantaar.../0/Rvu8-Upvo_s

Enjoy!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

The whole EP was killer live, so yeah, this won't disappoint one bit. Have no fear, Squiddies.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
If you write the label, they'll make it in whatever size you need. The shirts won't be ordered for a bit to figure out demand so they can arrange to have it done. Hit em up. We've had other 2xl and 3xl shirts sitting at cottoncrustacean.com for months, collecting dust. See what we have in stock there too and you'll support us directly.

Figura Serpentinata is one of the most important and greatest songs I've ever written. You obviously just weren't listening to it loud enough. Try again.
Well don't I feel like a fucking tool. I had a feeling that "RK2THIS" may have been somebody closely asociated with the band, but I didn't think it was actually you, Aaron.

Look, just to set the record straight, you're gonna get my money, no doubt - just like my boy Moobys below posted. It's just that this thing about t-shirt sizes is a long-running pet peeve of mine. It prevents me from getting badass clothing from bands that I love on so many occasions it just makes me sick. Glad to know there will be options available to those us us who are actually taller than Jackie.

Speaking of which, I doubt you'll remember this, but I'm the big dude named Chris who met all you guys when you played that hole in the wall bar called White Star in Chicago in 2009. I drove 350 miles from my home in Cleveland to Chicago to see Depeche Mode at Lollapalooza, and then to see you guys the following night (a show which I attended despite the fact that Tool was headlining Lolla that same night!). You guys were all great to me that night - I'll never forget it. (Gig report here)

So fuck yeah, I'll be buying the CD (I mean, I own copy #22 of the original CD release of "The Ichthyologist", so...yeah ). I'm probably just afraid I have my expectations jacked up so high that no band anywhere ever could possibly fulfill them, but if I were to make a list of bands which could potentially blow me the fuck away with only five songs, you guys would be on it.

Oh, and please try your damnedest to come as close to Cleveland as you can. Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Columbus - any of those would work. I don't know if I could make it all the way out to the East Coast, though - so you seafarin' folk will just have to make it a little further inland, if you please!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
He's right. Try not to rock out to Mating Scars when you hear it.
Well the lyrics are fucking badass, I know that much. So oceanic in their references, and also so personal at the same time.

Lots of shark references in there, too. Sharks fucking rule.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
N00B

Tis all good Chris! Totally remember you. That was a strange bar indeed! Like I said, just busting nuts. Write the label for sure though on shirt sizes, maybe on their facebook or something.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
N00B

New GIANT SQUID song world premier!!

REVOLVER Magazine is doing a world premier of Figura Serpentinata (Pycnopodia sapien). It's the only place you'll be able to hear it for a while, so please come rock it LOUD, say some stuff, show us some love if you got it!! We're very proud to gain such great exposure.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/excl...ia-sapien.html

Last edited by RK2THIS; 09-16-2011 at 12:38 PM.