Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 04-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I brought sales into this because of the recent argument that Slayer is a bigger band than Megadeth which is not true in the least.

And obviously there is a bias on all fan bases. A lot of people will say that Cannibal Corpse sounds the same on every album, and me being a fan I will say that isn't true. So there you go Slayer fans.

In terms of musical quality and ability, Megadeth. In terms of overall thrash, Slayer. In terms of overall success, Megadeth. In terms of starting more extreme genres, Slayer. But overall impact on metal, Megadeth.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Are you actually comparing Lamb of God and Gojira to the rest of the big 4?
Say what you will about Anthrax and Megadeth (they certainly deserve it), it's the big 4. Hella historical n shit son.
Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
If album sales determine quality, Michael Jackson is better than any band on this forum.
Fixed.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.
My foot.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
N00B

Yeah I wish Mustaine would freshen up his set-list a little. Like throw more stuff from Peace Sells considering it's the 25th anniversary, and don't open with Trust. I know he's talking about doing an anniversary tour later in the year...minus The Conjuring....minus Good Mourning/Black Friday....minus Bad Omen. Fuckin' Jesus freak.

And i still don't like the fact nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel for Slayer. They have room for all those World Painted Shit songs but none off those classic albums? Still a pretty good set for the most part.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian852009 View Post
And i still don't like the fact nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel for Slayer. They have room for all those World Painted Shit songs but none off those classic albums? Still a pretty good set for the most part.
wouldn't you still wanna promote the new album?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
wouldn't you still wanna promote the new album?
Not at a one-off US Big Four date. Honestly, I'm sure this was fun as fuck for anybody that went, but for a milestone like this, I'm sure the bands involved could've written up better setlists.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Not at a one-off US Big Four date. Honestly, I'm sure this was fun as fuck for anybody that went, but for a milestone like this, I'm sure the bands involved could've written up better setlists.
Well duh... Megadeth could have done Ashes in Your Mouth... But I saw it once on the 2007 tour so I'm alright with it haha

Any Megadeth set is a good set for me. Love it all... Minus most of Risk and The World Needs A Hero
Old 04-24-2011, 06:41 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs
Old 04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian852009 View Post
Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs
Don't bring Testament into this... lol

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer